Pay2win or pay2sin?

General
I'm at a point where i feel like alot of the stuff i do in WoW, is absolutely worthless to do. Why is it so??

Well, let me tell you

I once upon a time used to enjoy farming gold, and this was one of my biggest hobbies. After the release of the WoW token, i really feel like farming gold is such a waste of time. I can get a dayjob, earn enough money by working 2-3 hours. to get enough money to buy a WoW token, and get 300k gold ingame. Where can i even find a gold farming method, that earns me 300k in 2-3 hours?

Not only does this factor unmotivate my lust for goldfarming, i also do think it creates a pay2win environment. Maybe you would think otherwise, but can you really argue with the fact, that you can legitimately buy a WoW token, to then later buy a legendary for 100k, leaving you with 200k, meaning that you actually have the ability to buy 3 legendaries from a single token. To me, this is absolutely lunacy. I've heard people come with the argument that "WoW token has reduced the amount of goldsellers out there", but the same principal goes with real life drug selling. We don't start selling drugs on the streets just because criminals are doing it even though it's illegal? There will always be people who are gonna break the law, that's just how it works, and you just have to punish them accordingly.

I'm also very furious about ingame store mounts, since i feel like this is what i pay a monthly subscribtion to get, as content inside the actual game. Say the Mystic Runesaber forexample, this could've been a reward for finishing the legendary ring questline in WoD, which would've actually motivated me to finish the questline. I could come up with so many cool ideas for the mounts, but sadly they ended up in the store. Some say that blizzard employees worked overtime to make these mounts, but why couldn't they work overtime to add them as content in the game for us to enjoy???

Even though i feel like leveling is no longer a major part of the game, i really feel like the same principal that goes for leveling a character, are the same as for selling WoW token. The motivation i once had for leveling characters, is no longer the same as it once was. This i because of the fact, that i can simply buy a mlevel 100 from the store. Not only that, but new players are not introduced to the true beauty of this game, since they get thrown into legion content instantly, not really getting the experience and knowledge from leveling a new toon.

All these factors mentioned above, makes me really sad, and also leaves me unmotivated to do alot of stuff, i once enjoyed doing.

Either way, have a good one.
Why does that influence you so much? I also like farming gold and levelling characters. Being able to buy it motivates me even more.

Look at it from another side. Now you don't only earn gold for farming but also save real life money ;-)
You should get a day job anyway!
26/11/2017 10:16Posted by Angellus
Why does that influence you so much? I also like farming gold and levelling characters. Being able to buy it motivates me even more.

Look at it from another side. Now you don't only earn gold for farming but also save real life money ;-)

I cannot convert gold to real life money, so no, im not. That's like saying that you make real life money from doing CSGO skin gambles
26/11/2017 10:18Posted by Stormborne

You are missing the point, which is that anyone have easy access to 300k ingame gold for real life money
26/11/2017 10:19Posted by Hotlinebling
26/11/2017 10:16Posted by Angellus

I cannot convert gold to real life money, so no, im not. That's like saying that you make real life money from doing CSGO skin gambles

It's just how you prefer to look at it. You say you lose motivation because it is easier to buy the gold then farming it. So to get the gold you would spend money on it.
If you farm it you don't spend money on it. So shouldn't it be an extra motivation to farm gold instead? And you wouldn't need a day job either.
26/11/2017 10:20Posted by Hotlinebling
26/11/2017 10:18Posted by Stormborne

You are missing the point, which is that anyone have easy access to 300k ingame gold for real life money

Yeah because you totally couldn't buy gold since early vanilla from goldfarmers. I know a ton of people that did it, never got banned for it even though I know some were reported, because I was the one doing the reporting.
26/11/2017 10:05Posted by Hotlinebling
Where can i even find a gold farming method, that earns me 300k in 2-3 hours?

Any AH baron will designate that as 'slow days'
26/11/2017 10:31Posted by Revina
26/11/2017 10:20Posted by Hotlinebling

Yeah because you totally couldn't buy gold since early vanilla from goldfarmers. I know a ton of people that did it, never got banned for it even though I know some were reported, because I was the one doing the reporting.

Look at what i wrote about drugs in real life. Besides, people were banned, you just didn't see them vanish, only those remaining
26/11/2017 10:34Posted by Hotlinebling
26/11/2017 10:31Posted by Revina

Look at what i wrote about drugs in real life. Besides, people were banned, you just didn't see them vanish, only those remaining

Yeah, because I didn't notice them in friends list still playing.
i like how people buy gold as i like to farm gold to play for free.

what i noticed about these pay to win threads is that they fail to mention what what you win.
i nver bought anything from AH and am winning, i havent bought a carry and i am still wining. so if you enlighten me how a mythic carry or a subpar legendary makes you win? sure you might kill mobs faster but damn if you spent thousand of gold for it you somehow can enjoy this little perk, but the fact that you needed to buy the carry ill still sweep through mobs faster and will still get more stuff done than the avrage pay to win guy...
26/11/2017 10:54Posted by Aldrachi

what i noticed about these pay to win threads is that they fail to mention what what you win.
i nver bought anything from AH and am winning, i havent bought a carry and i am still wining. so if you enlighten me how a mythic carry or a subpar legendary makes you win? sure you might kill mobs faster but damn if you spent thousand of gold for it you somehow can enjoy this little perk, but the fact that you needed to buy the carry ill still sweep through mobs faster and will still get more stuff done than the avrage pay to win guy...

Mate, we play a game that mainly revolves about inviting those with highest ilvl. If you can buy wow tokens to get a high ilvl, meaning you'll have an easier time getting raid/mythic+ spots than one who didn't buy it, you clearly have an advantage. Ofc you can be greater than an average player buying tokens if you play more than him/her, but if you both play the same time, and he/her buys token also, he's gonna have a clear advantage
I once upon a time used to enjoy farming gold, and this was one of my biggest hobbies. After the release of the WoW token, i really feel like farming gold is such a waste of time. I can get a dayjob, earn enough money by working 2-3 hours. to get enough money to buy a WoW token, and get 300k gold ingame. Where can i even find a gold farming method, that earns me 300k in 2-3 hours?

A real life Example: Many people continue enjoy running or walking even though cars, trains, etc are fastest methods of travelling. They don't ask "How can I run faster than a car?".

So to answer your question. If you enjoy the process of farming gold via playing the game, then continue to play the game, have fun and farm gold (even if inefficiently) like the people who go walking or running. However, if you really NEED the gold and can't farm it efficiently, you can buy it with real money like the people who use a car or a train.

The moment the farming starts to feel like a chore and it's no longer fun to farm gold, then stop farming. After all this is a game, and the ultimate purpose of playing is having fun.
Another stupid thread, yep it's sunday.
Yes. In essence, WoW token is Pay to Win. Combine that with BoE Epics and Legendaries = Pay to Win.
26/11/2017 11:02Posted by Kutum
Another stupid thread, yep it's sunday.

How can any form of debate be stupid? Your mind most be a belonging from the middle ages, since you be mocking on any kind of constructive criticism
26/11/2017 10:58Posted by Hotlinebling
26/11/2017 10:54Posted by Aldrachi

Mate, we play a game that mainly revolves about inviting those with highest ilvl. If you can buy wow tokens to get a high ilvl, meaning you'll have an easier time getting raid/mythic+ spots than one who didn't buy it, you clearly have an advantage. Ofc you can be greater than an average player buying tokens if you play more than him/her, but if you both play the same time, and he/her buys token also, he's gonna have a clear advantage

Or you can find a guild that isn't garbage.
26/11/2017 10:58Posted by Grendiser

A real life Example: Many people continue enjoy running or walking even though cars, trains, etc are fastest methods of travelling. They don't ask "How can I run faster than a car?".

So to answer your question. If you enjoy the process of farming gold via playing the game, then continue to play the game, have fun and farm gold (even if inefficiently) like the people who go walking or running. However, if you really NEED the gold and can't farm it efficiently, you can buy it with real money like the people who use a car or a train.

The moment the farming starts to feel like a chore and it's no longer fun to farm gold, then stop farming. After all this is a game, and the ultimate purpose of playing is having fun.

I think the fact that goldfarming is a chore, goes hand in hand with it being rewardable. I remember farming 800k in WoD to finally buy a Swift spectral tiger, trust me, that was the most epic feeling i've ever had. You can't come along a MMORPG where there is not a sense of grinding, it is a core fundemental for MMORPG's to work as they do. They have an ingame economy, that really adds an extra thought to every single decision made, since there is incentives other than the actual reward (forexample loot).

Overall it adds flavor to the game, even though it can sometimes be very annoying.
I don't see how the token has any bearing on your gold farming. The token drives some people to gold farm because they can forego the real life money cost of playing the game.

I have friends who love to play the AH and the token has no bearing on their activities. I never had any interest in it before and I certainly wouldn't try to make gold in this game now either. It's a boring chore for me.

As for the mostly bad legendaries you can buy with gold. You can use them from 101 but they are far from being the desirable legendaries. They are a way of making gold for crafters and depending on which legendary it is, the income varies. You wouldn't be paying to win at all getting any of the crafted leges.

This ridiculous notion that being able to buy gold is buying a way to win is ludicrous. Being able to buy an achievement (usually some kind of boss kill) has existed in this game long before the gold token happened.

I seriously doubt there are many people out there who would buy 2m worth of gold to get the spider mount, let alone the 4.5m that the top guild on my server charges for the current mythic end boss kill and mount. It's a ridiculous amount of IRL money to spend.

And it's not like Gold wasn't being sold in the game before. Though they amused me, I don't miss the dead bodies in org spelling out some gold selling website or the constant spam in trade.

There are a limited number of BoE items that can be gained from the AH which drop in raids, this again is a source of income for many. Some guilds require their raiders to hand over all BoEs (they don't need) to sell to fund the guild repairs/running of guild.
this can be translated to a real world scenario.
be legalizing weed for example, you dont stop people from using it, but you stop the money from going to criminal gangs and it goes to for example the state.

wow tokens makes the real money stay in the game instead of outsiders earning them. im sorry you dont like it but i see it has a good thing.