Server cap at 2500 players

Classic Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
For you NO CHANGE purists. That's the fact. Vanilla WoW had a 2.5k server cap in the beginning. If you really don't want any changes this should be the server cap. We could increase to 3.5k later as they did in vanilla.
I think a 3.5k cap would be a good idea since the world will be a lot smaller than Retail.
Also no BG at release.
As you said we can add 3,5 k as they did later in vanilla. And we do not ask for a re-rellease patch by patch. But it would be cool. And no BG is no problem we will have World pvp.
3.5 cap seems good.

20/11/2017 06:44Posted by Wîlliamx
Also no BG at release.
I hope so.
This kind of discussion is just the thing the devs of WoW: Classic are still trying to figure out. What will they implement from the start and what will be given to us gradually? QoL improvements that were implemented in vanilla (not TBC!) should be given to us from the start. It would be silly to wait for stuff like that. Raids or changes to classes is a different matter in my opinion. That stuff should be given grandually, that way we can devote ourselves to the "latest" raiding tier, and will have something to look forward to.
20/11/2017 09:10Posted by Pärts
Make it 10k at least. Or be ready with more than 30 servers on launch.
Let's face it, we are expecting a few mills to play at launch

you do know if that happened we'd probably have a few thousand at the same time in STV? at one point.

Probably 2000 horde in the barrens alone.
Sounds really good to me.

The world was not designed for too many people. Ruins resource gathering and ambience.

Maybe a few "high pop" servers for those who want it?
20/11/2017 09:10Posted by Pärts
Make it 10k at least. Or be ready with more than 30 servers on launch.
Let's face it, we are expecting a few mills to play at launch

Yes launch population will be an issue. 10.000 after the first week or two is far too much for the ingame world though, it's simply not designed for such a large amount of players.

Furthermore I think at a certain point a large population also becomes detrimental to the classic community feeling a lot of people are looking for. I know a lot of people are positively inclined to population caps of ~10.000 after playing private servers, but personally servers with populations of ~4.000 or less have always felt much more authentic to me.
20/11/2017 06:39Posted by Wîlliamx
For you NO CHANGE purists. That's the fact. Vanilla WoW had a 2.5k server cap in the beginning. If you really don't want any changes this should be the server cap. We could increase to 3.5k later as they did in vanilla.

As you said, we can have 3,5k because we had that in Vanilla.

Other than that, what's even the point of this thread? Are you trying desperately to find a single thing Classic community wants changed, so you could go "HAHA you want changes! Bring in the flying mounts!"?

That truly is the testament for the toxic Retail community...
And what about LUA? Vanilla Lua is outdated and pretty much allows to do things like auto-dispell certain spells from any target or heal the lowest hp player.
20/11/2017 09:41Posted by Pärts
20/11/2017 09:32Posted by Warzolol

you do know if that happened we'd probably have a few thousand at the same time in STV? at one point.

bring Awesome wpvp!

I always have WPvP myself, but you don't need thousands in same area, all that will bring is lag, and really !@#$ fights.
We all tried it in MoP with thousands of players in a zone for
wpvp, even with zoning, the server got unresponsive and all
mobs despawned due to the strain on the server (outland).

Keep vanilla population as it was.

Hail And K!LL
King Zylopfa The Omnipotent
Yes please, 3.5k would be optimal imo. Having it much higher than that is just dumb.
20/11/2017 09:41Posted by Pärts
20/11/2017 09:32Posted by Warzolol

bring Awesome wpvp!

wow isn t some korean musou mmo were mod respawn every 3 sec and are always linked as a group and by thousands (for example https://imgur.com/a/lhWJK )
Wow the Toxic retail community keeps delivering these worthless threads.
20/11/2017 06:39Posted by Wîlliamx

Is just not really a good argument. Servers were capped for stability reasons.

Your argument is just as good as saying we should put the lag back in, because that's "no changes".

I'm pretty sure people are OK with increased population.

Private servers have proven they can handle even 10k+ population without any lag at all.

I'd personally like to see around 8k. Vanilla WoW covers a huge area. The only problem with a large population is the launch, which is always hilariously chaotic. But after that it's fine.