Is my rotation right? Doing poor DPS.

Warrior
Hi guys, I am ilvl 925 and I struggle to break 1 million dps, usually sitting at around 940k, dipping down to the 800k's at times with poor Warbringer procs.

On AoE it's really easy, especially with my Legendary. I can do 4m AoE easy with enough adds, WarBringer BattleCry, Bladestorm. or Cleave + WW if BS is on CD.

A few questions;

1) I have 17% haste, is that a problem?
2) Do I ever use slam if I am talented for 80% bonus WW? Because I never use Slam.
3) I took my talent build from Icy Veins. I assume it is good?

My rotation is like this;

Collosal Smash, Mortal Strike, Spam WW unless CS procs or is off CD. Use Warbringer to keep CS dmg bonus up.

Single Target ofc.

Execute Phase;

Use Execute x2
Use CS
Use MS

Is that correct?
Not sure what is better but i prefer Titanic Might and rend for talents. Also get more mastery and better trinkets. Your helmet legendary synergize well with ToS 4p set bonus but new raid comes soon sooo.
Gather 4xt20, at least 60% mastery. Even if it's ilvl drop it's dps gain if it goves mastery/set bonus.
Second thing is that fervor of battle is poor choice now, trauma is rly low compared to rend. Rend/Titanic might is the way to go now.
17% isnt something bad, u need ~15% haste.
So I switched to Rend/Titanic Might build.

It was a lot harder to use, because I had to now create a modifier macro for Slam/Cleave/WW.

Because I couldn't just use WW as my rage dump anymore.

Rend is tricky too, I had to use TMW to monitor it's up time. And in dungeons things die very fast so often I can't even get use out of it. Perhaps its better for Raids? I dont really raid.

I feel like it's a lot more effort for little reward?

What is more important to use between the two? Rend or Titanic Might?
Maybe I can compromise.
Trauma does equal dps than rend with the advantage of being passive. Dont use ww in ST, use slam.
If you just do dungeons Trauma is fine

Your execute phase is wrong

if you can use CS use it!
after that using Execute
using MS in executephase ONLY with SD and 2 EP

(SD = shattered Defense) EP (executioners Precision) but without logs i cant really tell what your doing wrong
20/11/2017 08:10Posted by Rushlawl
If you just do dungeons Trauma is fine

Your execute phase is wrong

if you can use CS use it!
after that using Execute
using MS in executephase ONLY with SD and 2 EP

(SD = shattered Defense) EP (executioners Precision) but without logs i cant really tell what your doing wrong

How can I provide you with a log?
For dungeons go trauma or avatar. Rend is good for upper tyra weeks but otherwise not so good in dungeons.

Trauma and rend are nerly equal for ST but rend is more constant while trauma is little rng.

Your talents in dungeons should be: sweeping strikes, shockwave, titanic might, in for kill. These 4 are constant. Than you Should choose in trauma tier right talent for your scenario. Trauma - is better when adds live longer but these days I dont think its usefull everything dying too fast for trauma. Rend - not so good in dungeons but for upper or tyrannical weeks it can be good choice. Avatar - for burst dmg.
In defensive tier is normaly bounding strikes good choice but second wind is really good in bursting and grivious weeks just for helping healers. And defensive stance is in higher m+ good choice too.
For last tier in dungeons is ravager better option than opportunity strikes.
Ashisögi:

low mastery.. AF ! under 60% unplayable
(and with ur ilvl ur mastery should be 75%+)

- useless / 0 dps trinkets
- wrong enchants / gems -> mastery
- no tier set
- no legy ring
18/11/2017 19:00Posted by Ashisögi

My rotation is like this;

Collosal Smash, Mortal Strike, Spam WW unless CS procs or is off CD. Use Warbringer to keep CS dmg bonus up.

Single Target ofc.

[/quote]

WirlWind is multitarget skill and costs a lot of rage, using it at single target is not optimal. I did some tests on target dummy and two best rotation for me are:

1. Owerpower, Colossal Snash, Mortal strike, Slam
2. Keep target bleed with rend, the rest is same as above.

The difference between these two rotations depends on talent you get for bleeds.
19/11/2017 22:12Posted by Deseximia
So I switched to Rend/Titanic Might build.

It was a lot harder to use, because I had to now create a modifier macro for Slam/Cleave/WW.

Because I couldn't just use WW as my rage dump anymore.

Rend is tricky too, I had to use TMW to monitor it's up time. And in dungeons things die very fast so often I can't even get use out of it. Perhaps its better for Raids? I dont really raid.

I feel like it's a lot more effort for little reward?

What is more important to use between the two? Rend or Titanic Might?
Maybe I can compromise.

Why do you have to create a macro for slam/cleave/ww? It's not like we've got tons of skills hogging our keybindings, I fit all of them easily without any over complicated bindings, but hey, if a macro works for you, use it. :)

As for rend, well lot of us use TMW/Weakaura to keep track of rend and other buffs/debuffs or CDs, might be something worth looking into for you as well? Sure helps as far as rend goes.

Honestly though, you're not going to see massive improvements by switching around talents, trauma/FoB works just fine, especially as you're not really pushing higher keys or indeed raiding very much. Play what you enjoy and just work on getting more mastery.
I really appreciate these responses.

I never knew my trinkets were so bad, I was just choosing highest item lvl items.

I've updated my gear;

I now have the 4 set bonus from LFR and I got the Execute Legendary Ring this morning.

Sadly I had to remove my BLADESTORM helm to use the 4p. But at least I have it for now.

I have 4 legendaries atm;

Rethu's Charge
Aggramars Stride
Ayla's Stone Heart
Bladestorm Helm - can't use atm without losing 4p bonus

My stats atm are;
29% crit
53% mastery
17% haste
4% versatility

Is Rethu's better than Aggramars? I'll change the gems to Mastery if they are.
Got mastery to 58% with new trinket.
My ilvl is now 930 and I'm doing 1.4m dps over 3 minute fight.

I've simmed a lot, my trinkets are still horrible but it's all I have.

I have two builds atm.
Burst and sustained. Only real difference is avatar + 20 sec dps trink vs trauma + static dps trink.

I still hate rend though.

With burst build and short enough fights I can give demon hunters a run for their money. But assuming equal ilvl I should lose.

Overall dps in mythic + I am always on top.

Warrior is awesome. I still have much to acquire.

Thanks guys
+999