Silithus in Classic

Classic Discussion
What about Silithus? the zone were still unfinished when Burning Cruzade start, so it will be manteined unfinished, or will be added quests and other stuff to make it a real functional end-zone?
What did you think, and what did you hope?
Personally i think it will be emproved to be what originally had to be.
Also, the restyle of Silithus in BfA involves that completing it in classic-wow dont need to change it also in actual-wow.
It wasn't unfinished when TBC hit.
It got totally revamped in patch 1.8.0.
This is were you grind your way to 60 ... ?

Cant recall it being unfinished when AQ released ? ?
24/11/2017 13:55Posted by Buenor
What about Silithus? the zone were still unfinished when Burning Cruzade start

Wat? Nope. What about Ahn Qiraj raids and opening events? Cenarion Circle rep? Twilight texts and outfits for zone boss summoning? PvP objectives? Thunderaan for the Thunderfury quest?

Unfinished, you say...
24/11/2017 15:23Posted by Relikk
What about Silithus? the zone were still unfinished when Burning Cruzade start

Wat? Nope. What about Ahn Qiraj raids and opening events? Cenarion Circle rep? Twilight texts and outfits for zone boss summoning? PvP objectives? Thunderaan for the Thunderfury quest?

Unfinished, you say...

yea, for a time .. Silithus was the place to be !
What about Silithus? the zone were still unfinished when Burning Cruzade start, so it will be manteined unfinished, or will be added quests and other stuff to make it a real functional end-zone?
Also, the restyle of Silithus in BfA involves that completing it in classic-wow dont need to change it also in actual-wow.

Your WoW-education is unfinished.
mmm...
Seems i based my thinking on uncomplete information.
sorry for that
I like that everyone is just focusing on your small error and ignoring the actual question. Personally I am of the opinion that the server should be 1.12 with minor adjustments to that end meaning silithus would be complete.

Others want the game to begin at 1.1 and go from there so no it would be incomplete. Yet some nutters want the game to start at 1.0 but we can ignore then as being crazy.
The time when Silithus was unfinished you also didn't really go there. I didn't even went there when I was still levelling back then. Winterspring and Western and Eastern plague lands where the place to be as level 60.

It was in preparation of AQ that the zone became more active. But even then I always still skipped it while levelling. I personally don't mind in wich state the zone will be. I never liked it anyway :-)
On my first server I was farming honour there, I was convinced it was just a pvp zone.

But I was told later that it was not xD.
28/11/2017 23:14Posted by Jellystream
On my first server I was farming honour there, I was convinced it was just a pvp zone.

But I was told later that it was not xD.

Hahaha I can understand you thought it was xD

You are wrong. Sillithus was done by the time TBC launched and highly sought after for the more casual guilds to get some epic loot and/or reputation + reciepes.
Silithus is not real, it's a meme zone from Barrens chat.
There was never any Silithus in the game.
You're all dreaming.
Nearly all of the lvl 50+ zones felt really unfinished in vanilla, having only very few quests in them, always felt kind of like they ran out of time in development before needing to release the game, which left many high level zones rather lacking, this is most notable with Blasted Lands, Burning Steppes Deadwind Pass, Dustwallow Marsh, Plaguelands, Swamp of Sorrows, and Silithus.
28/11/2017 10:14Posted by Demostravius
I like that everyone is just focusing on your small error and ignoring the actual question.

That is not true. You fail at reading. Here is that "rude and stupid" flavour once again.
Personally I am of the opinion that the server should be 1.12 with minor adjustments to that end meaning silithus would be complete.

So that's one vote from the special people.

Others want the game to begin at 1.1 and go from there so no it would be incomplete. Yet some nutters want the game to start at 1.0 but we can ignore then as being crazy.

Yeah it's nuts wanting a classic experience again while you want some exact part of time frozen and then overgearing it like a madman. I understand you hang around on private servers so you're used to getting very little but it's time to loosen up the belt here and expect more.
This is one of the reasons progressive servers and seasons is essential for a true classic experience.

How can anyone understant the Silithus revamp without playing the original version first? Is impossible for anyone who not played in Silithus back in 2004 what change in the revamp if they can't play the version before the changes first.

Classic servers will be made for preservation of the original servers, what kind of preservation are we doing if we ignore the original versions of Silithus and go directly to 1.12?

Silithus must he the original version like in a 1.1 server, and after some time and the server progress to the patch with the revamp is the time to change Silithus for the latest vanilla version. That way Vanilla players can play in the original Silithus and after some time they can return and see what has changed in the revamp.

Of course there is the issue of players starting in vanilla servers after the zone has changed, that is way is important to have seasons and open every 2-3 years new servers to repeat the progressive system again.

It was the most dead place even after burning crusade, it had some quests and AQ after a while but it was still death and depressing. Is it anything else today? Havn't played for years now.

I did like Desolate (was this the name?) though, that zone sure was desolate but in a much more lush sense than Silithus.
28/11/2017 10:14Posted by Demostravius
I like that everyone is just focusing on your small error and ignoring the actual question.

That is not true. You fail at reading. Here is that "rude and stupid" flavour once again.
Personally I am of the opinion that the server should be 1.12 with minor adjustments to that end meaning silithus would be complete.

So that's one vote from the special people.

Yeah it's nuts wanting a classic experience again while you want some exact part of time frozen and then overgearing it like a madman. I understand you hang around on private servers so you're used to getting very little but it's time to loosen up the belt here and expect more.

You are a nutter if you want to start at 1.0. The game wasnt even lauched then, neither hunters nor Paladins had talent trees.
Silithus was fine - I farmed dreamfoil there and had sometimes nice raid pvp near AQ40 gates.
Yes it is a desert place but it's fine - it is part of the WOW.
In real world we have Sahara and I don't see news that "Sahara is too boring let's change it!".
03/12/2017 21:04Posted by Sockertomte

It was the most dead place even after burning crusade, it had some quests and AQ after a while but it was still death and depressing. Is it anything else today? Havn't played for years now.

I did like Desolate (was this the name?) though, that zone sure was desolate but in a much more lush sense than Silithus.

I don't think they even touched Silithus with Cataclysm. Every other zone got some new quest chain but with Silithus, they seem to have just blanked out.