Is the Burning Legion really gone?

General
05/01/2018 17:03Posted by Aeula
05/01/2018 16:01Posted by Cysia
well they are dead for now. Some of the are still alive as seen by prepatch brokenshore scenario and we havent killed them yet. and others are iffy if theyre alive or dead.
THough if some of the other still alive powerfull demons take command their armies wont be as strong as legion was under sargeras. And will be more of multiple different groups.

I hope Blizzard just forgets about them.

I never want to see another Legion themed enemy, raid or zone again.

typical casual comment. it is the main theme of the game you want to play, along with a lot of theme you have to see and endure. if you get bored of a certain theme within the game just quit it.
If we go to face the Void, who are the main enemy of the Legion, don't be surprised if the scattered demons become freedom fighters and we need to help them.
05/01/2018 17:41Posted by Oldmangeorge
With its main leadership gone, its most likely that the burning legion will splinter into different groups of demons trying to grab power and control of the legion. probably do some infighting against other demons as well

Without it's Master's command, the Demons of the Burning Legion will become an even greater threat to this world.

Control must be maintained.

There must always be an Imp King.
05/01/2018 15:32Posted by Rãlph
Isnt it weird how the entire Burning Legion that conquered thousands of worlds as well as "transcend all timelines" somehow got destroyed by killing a couple of big figures in it and a tiny planet which is supposed to be the "headquarters" of the legion that we were able to easily assault?

Well my personal head canon about that basically boils down to: The legion was good at propaganda.

All along we've had Sargy et al telling us how we had no chance, but every time we stood up to them we found that they weren't as all powerful as they claimed. In fact, they may have conquered many worlds, but it is also possible that they conquered many worlds where they either faced no opposition, or they were able to corrupt those that stood up to them. Argus being a good example - Sargeras saw that the eredar were powerful and so instead of attacking he seduced them. On Azeroth he tried the same tactic (recruiting Azshara) but enough people saw through the BS and he was rebuffed.

In effect the Legion were always flat-track bullies who weren't as all powerful as they claimed to be.

In addition they were over-reliant on the tactic of turning people to support them. An all out assault might have overrun azeroth initially, but by the time they attempted that we had risen in power enough to face them down.

Also, as others have said, the demons haven't disappeared, I'm sure we will bump into them again. But they will be divided into little factions without Sargeras controlling them.
05/01/2018 16:11Posted by Alikaptan
JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION is gonna take over of course.

i kinda wanna see him leading a group of demons and they do karaoke (in hs against malchezar its gets talked about by medivh or jaraxus beings to sing if you play him against malchezar).
And now Blizzard posts this:

https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/949279329669627904

I am starting to think this entire Argus campaign was a ruse, the burning legion has not been destroyed D:

It's a Nomi joke.

Isnt it weird how the entire Burning Legion that conquered thousands of worlds as well as "transcend all timelines" somehow got destroyed by killing a couple of big figures in it and a tiny planet which is supposed to be the "headquarters" of the legion that we were able to easily assault?

Well as an organisation they are done for but obviously there's still members of it.

It's like when we defeated the Lich King the Scourge still existed afterwards. Remember the line, there must always be a Lich king.

If you want a modern example look at the Middle East where dictators were toppled. Their members never disappeared but formed, on one occasion, an even more dangerous organisation.

05/01/2018 15:35Posted by Néckbeard
i think tichondrius gonna be up to something since he died but not permanently like always

When you kill a demon on Azeroth it can come back. We now know they go to Antorus to be quickly reborn. With Antorus gone they can still regenerate but only in the Twisting Neather.
05/01/2018 17:26Posted by Tinsoran
I think they will bring them back when Blizz is ready to add a third faction (if that ever happens). We wont see them for quite a few expansions now I think as they really have been overused. However once they have died down bring them back with a roar as third faction. I think a third faction has to happen sooner or later.
ye Third faction could be hm... Scourge :)?
Dreadlords. Dreadlords everywhere.

I wonder who made it out of the "regeneration oven" though. Did that thing even have a cooldown?

The plot thickens.
06/01/2018 11:43Posted by Sorakleon

Do you mean ... Jaina?
Sargeras was only force able to keep Burning Legion runnig. So with his imprisonment Legion is done, however remnants are surely out there. In 2-3 expansions we will learn that some bad dude managed to free Sargeras while Illidan was very busy scratching his balls on Argus.
Purely speculative, but how difficult would it really be for the Old Gods to influence these now leaderless and confused demons and eventually seize control of those remaining forces?
Personally I believe it'll work in a similar respect to the Scourge.
Without a leader they'll just run around rampant. So no I don't think they're gone. They are dotted around all over the cosmos.

I wonder who made it out of the "regeneration oven" though. Did that thing even have a cooldown?

The plot thickens.
Exactly.
We didn't travel into the Twisting Nether to kill their "regeneration ovens".
Maybe Sargeras can be cleansed while imprisoned?
And join us on a new crusade to clean up the Twisting Nether once and for all?

All the brothers (Velen, Archimonde and Kil'Jaedan) can still continue their conflict also - if the two demons are allowed to regenerate.

But first we'll have some Old Gods fun...
07/01/2018 03:38Posted by Stilken

We did though. It was mentioned by Alleria and Turalyon (i think they had the conversation about it) that the burning legion's number is only infinite because of Argus. Now that he is destroyed, they can't regenerate anymore.

The plot thickens.
Exactly.
Maybe Sargeras can be cleansed while imprisoned?
And join us on a new crusade to clean up the Twisting Nether once and for all?

All the brothers (Velen, Archimonde and Kil'Jaedan) can still continue their conflict also - if the two demons are allowed to regenerate.

But first we'll have some Old Gods fun...

Well i dont know if it got retconned, but sargeras isnt corrupted by anything. Fighting the void seemed hopeless to him, so he went on destroying everything so it couldnt be corrupted.

Titans dont get corrupted very easily, atleast when they are born. Unborn titans like azeroth however can be corrupted, thats what the old gods are sent for by the void lords
07/01/2018 04:33Posted by Niodd

We did though. It was mentioned by Alleria and Turalyon (i think they had the conversation about it) that the burning legion's number is only infinite because of Argus. Now that he is destroyed, they can't regenerate anymore.

Yes they were talking about the topic on the Vindicaar but it doesn't make sense.

Even before Sargaeras went nuts and starting killing everything, demons were regenerating without Argus @Twisting Nether. So logically shouldn't they be able to regenerate still ?
This twitter post looks for me like leak for playable hero for HOTS.

NOMI COMES TO NEXUS?! Oh my...
05/01/2018 17:27Posted by Kooki
I hope it's gone so we won't have to have another expansion with green crap and space travelling.

I don't want to see a single green pixel in the next expansion.
07/01/2018 07:54Posted by Sapherea
This twitter post looks for me like leak for playable hero for HOTS.

NOMI COMES TO NEXUS?! Oh my...

welp if that happens its the end of the nexus.
07/01/2018 09:52Posted by Lafonda
05/01/2018 17:27Posted by Kooki
I hope it's gone so we won't have to have another expansion with green crap and space travelling.

I don't want to see a single green pixel in the next expansion.

Don't tell them that your give them ideas to give us green pixels......