Removal of Dishonorable Kills

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 23 Next
19/02/2018 13:30Posted by Beeatch
I was very happy with dishonorable kills. I collected alot of them with my UD rogue in redridge!

Well theres nothing stopping you from doing that with or without DHKs.

On the other hand, DHKs WILL stop some people from enjoying PvP like you did. dont be so selfish :)
19/02/2018 17:25Posted by Gnubbish
19/02/2018 13:30Posted by Beeatch
I was very happy with dishonorable kills. I collected alot of them with my UD rogue in redridge!

On the other hand, DHKs WILL stop some people from enjoying PvP like you did. dont be so selfish :)

true that, its a disruptive system, not a good fix
21/02/2018 20:54Posted by Gnubbish
19/02/2018 17:25Posted by Gnubbish

Did you just reply to yourself lol
21/02/2018 20:57Posted by Vanillan
21/02/2018 20:54Posted by Gnubbish

Did you just reply to yourself lol

hey if i see something sensible im gonna agree with it! names are just letters

btw what do you think about these annoying DHKs ruining world pvp?
I think this is one of those things where people dont understand the problem.

World PvP suffered immensely when BGs were added, and to add DHKs on top of that is just a stupid change!
The only people who wanto get rid off DHKS are the ones who enjoy camping Rebel camp in stv and lakeshire for hours on grossly higher level characters and then call it "world pvp"
01/03/2018 16:51Posted by Krizztal
The only people who wanto get rid off DHKS are the ones who enjoy camping Rebel camp in stv and lakeshire for hours on grossly higher level characters and then call it "world pvp"

Thats a bit of a gross generalization youre making there.

I enjoy large scale world pvp battles with voluntary participants. DHKs kills that.
Im definitely for removing DHKs, But first shuld come another solution from blizz what will be aproved with a comunity. Maybe is a possible Vanilla start with patch ,,1.00,, and will be time figure out what with DHKs.

But a solution as Q qiver, flight master, AH master, shuld be immortal, but passive at all, you cant kill them and they cant kill you or call guards etc.
02/03/2018 21:24Posted by Awsa
But a solution as Q qiver, flight master, AH master, shuld be immortal, but passive at all, you cant kill them and they cant kill you or call guards etc.

i'm not into this carebear big Brother watches over us kind of gameplay.

if someone is killing your flight Masters, q givers etc. Handle it as a faction instead of crying a river.

these kind of things is what causes rivarly between factions, you may view it as griefing, but thank god there is pve servers for people like you, and i totally agree that killing q givers etc should be impossible in pve realm.
Why not have DHKs disabled in capitals so we can still raid them? That way it'll still prevent people from killing off the crossroads and stuff like that.
02/03/2018 22:26Posted by Cai
02/03/2018 21:24Posted by Awsa

i'm not into this carebear big Brother watches over us kind of gameplay.

if someone is killing your flight Masters, q givers etc. Handle it as a faction instead of crying a river.

these kind of things is what causes rivarly between factions, you may view it as griefing, but thank god there is pve servers for people like you, and i totally agree that killing q givers etc should be impossible in pve realm.

Hm yeah its kind of a tricky situation I suppose.

Some servers are massively one-sided, and its impossible for one faction to fight back.

But obviously the answer isnt carebear blizzard punishing players with DHKs.
From my reddit thread:

The only good suggestions I have seen to do what DHKs were intended to do while still allowing wpvpers to do their thing is for the quest and FP NPCs to "take a knee" for the duration of their current spawn timer, in effect taking them out of the fight but allowing player interaction still. Both problems solved.

However, a lot of people that want DHKs removed say that isn't a good solution which implies what they actually want to do is grief players for extended periods. If that statement is true it is likely there will be no productive dialogue on the topic because the kind of player that wants to grief other players for extended periods is, generally speaking, a piece of !@#$.

Edit: To clarify, when I say grief I mean kill the NPCs over and over to the point that progress in that zone is completely impossible. I honestly don't mind getting killed over and over. It's typically a minor inconvenience. NPCs being gone for extended periods is a much much bigger inconvenience.
I absolutely agree and support the removal of Dishonorable kills!
07/03/2018 07:58Posted by Darksaruman
I absolutely agree and support the removal of Dishonorable kills!

yep, i dont mind adding another fix like NPCs "taking a knee":
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617591841?page=16#post-312
04/03/2018 22:10Posted by Vîdget
Why not have DHKs disabled in capitals so we can still raid them? That way it'll still prevent people from killing off the crossroads and stuff like that.

Yeah this is a good idea actually.

I also like the idea of NPCs "taking a knee" when killed, they stop being aggressive or whatever and cant be killed for 5 minutes, but can still give quests and stuff.
I have very fond memories of wpvp raids on my old rp pvp server during vanilla. When it got added it did sour the experience for those who were serious about their pvp grind, and it impacted the desirability of those raids.

It isn’t necessarily about griefing, it just very easily happens with aoe damage that npc civilians get aggroed and killed and if that means hard work (because pvp rating was that in vanilla) gets undone, organised wpvp takes a hit.

I’d rather see a different solution to the potential griefing problem. Tho even that was easily sorted usually during vanilla. If a guildmember got griefed and/or corpsecamped we’d fly in with a group to help. And that very naturally added to the sense of faction conflict and pride.
12/03/2018 07:26Posted by Ephinia
I have very fond memories of wpvp raids on my old rp pvp server during vanilla. When it got added it did sour the experience for those who were serious about their pvp grind, and it impacted the desirability of those raids.

It isn’t necessarily about griefing, it just very easily happens with aoe damage that npc civilians get aggroed and killed and if that means hard work (because pvp rating was that in vanilla) gets undone, organised wpvp takes a hit.

I’d rather see a different solution to the potential griefing problem. Tho even that was easily sorted usually during vanilla. If a guildmember got griefed and/or corpsecamped we’d fly in with a group to help. And that very naturally added to the sense of faction conflict and pride.

yeah its really pretty simple :/
I was very happy with dishonorable kills on the PVE servers.
16/03/2018 18:11Posted by Naranious
I was very happy with dishonorable kills on the PVE servers.

Why is that?
It reduced the amount of faction NPCs being killed.