Multiboxing is not cheating, keycloning is.

Classic Discussion
Multiboxing eg running a warrior killing stuff and having a priest at the same time healing him is fine.

What is cheating though is if you only have to press ONE button and BOTH characters suddenly perform an action.
You should require a physical action for each single action on each character.
Everything else means Blizzard endorses pay2win and is fine with cheating.
And this relates to classic how?
I guess what OP wants to say is that /follow is probably going to make its return to classic along with easier ways of multiboxing.
I will definitely be dual logging druid+hunter.
I've done the vanilla druid leveling twice, won't do it again without additional help.

If they do not add dual spec, this will allow me to bypass the problem.
I just remember classic as 5x windfury shaman group with cloned key cheat, all running around "as one" and oneshotting everything at 1/5 the effort (one keypress for 5 resulting actions on in-game characters) that it should be (one keypress for one action on every in-game character).
And Blizzard saying "we're ok with cheating since they pay2win us".

This !@#$ is literally the ONLY thing that could make me drop classic instantly although I'm really looking forward to it.
Hey guys, should I just run 15 ele shammies in Classic or should I got for a more complex mixed group of ranged? Thanks for your input.
01/01/2018 19:43Posted by Gnomècapped
Hey guys, should I just run 15 ele shammies in Classic or should I got for a more complex mixed group of ranged? Thanks for your input.

Yea, run 15 PoM+Pyro Mages.
any type of running multiple accounts simultaneously on one computer is against the terms and conditions of blizzard, It's cheating by their definition, if you think they are going to backtrack on that for a vanilla theme park version of wow then your very much mistaken
03/01/2018 23:44Posted by Kamiklees
any type of running multiple accounts simultaneously on one computer is against the terms and conditions of blizzard, It's cheating by their definition, if you think they are going to backtrack on that for a vanilla theme park version of wow then your very much mistaken
And you are wrong, it's not against any terms, stop making up things to fit your personal wishes.

They can't track multi boxing anyway. There's no difference between two accounts logged by a single player or two accounts logged by two different family members behind the same Internet router and firewall.

What is forbidden is to automate gameplay on one of the logged accounts. As long as you do everything manually, you're totally safe.
01/01/2018 16:43Posted by Metalman
Multiboxing eg running a warrior killing stuff and having a priest at the same time healing him is fine.

Agreed. If you are going to use 2 monitors or alt+tab between 2 wow accounts and perform each character action by your self for each separately it is OK, and good for you if you are able to do it (but i am not going to do this what so ever)!

01/01/2018 16:43Posted by Metalman
What is cheating though is if you only have to press ONE button and BOTH characters suddenly perform an action.
You should require a physical action for each single action on each character.
Everything else means Blizzard endorses pay2win and is fine with cheating.

Agreed. this is cheating and big problem for lot of Pservers. this should not be allowed
04/01/2018 09:20Posted by Mekroth

Agreed. this is cheating and big problem for lot of Pservers. this should not be allowed

You do not get to define what is and is not cheating. The people making the rules, I.e. Blizzard do. Your personal opinion does not change anything. Whether you think it should be allowed or not is a whole separate conversation.

Also, bringing up private servers as supposed support for your argument is laughable at best.

03/01/2018 23:44Posted by Kamiklees

Incorrect. Blizzard have stated time and time again that multiboxing, even with multiple clients ran on the same PC and controlled through sending keystrokes to multiple clients at once from the same keypress with the assistance of software, is completely fine. Here some listings of blue posts regarding multiboxing. Some are quite old, but nothing has changed since then:

https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/46453-Blues-on-Boxing
http://www.ironhorde.com/index.php/gms
if its free to play they need to limit it. or else everyone makes 50 accounts for themselves.
04/01/2018 18:00Posted by Overdage
if its free to play they need to limit it. or else everyone makes 50 accounts for themselves.
No worries, it will not be free to play.
04/01/2018 18:14Posted by Maladi
04/01/2018 18:00Posted by Overdage
No worries, it will not be free to play.

Great, so only the rich guys will get to make 5 accounts for themselves and press one key to make 5 actions at once.
The poor guys need to grow 5 arms instead. Seems fair.
Anyone who really thinks this is fine should get hit by a bus, cut in half and have his bowels fed to pigs.
05/01/2018 00:09Posted by Metalman
04/01/2018 18:14Posted by Maladi
...No worries, it will not be free to play.

Great, so only the rich guys will get to make 5 accounts for themselves and press one key to make 5 actions at once.
The poor guys need to grow 5 arms instead. Seems fair.
Anyone who really thinks this is fine should get hit by a bus, cut in half and have his bowels fed to pigs.
No free ride for you, sorry.
And it has always been that way.

By the way, the way you wrote it doesn't make any sense ;)
05/01/2018 00:09Posted by Metalman

Great, so only the rich guys will get to make 5 accounts for themselves

Yes, little Timmy. Only the people who pay for a paid service get to use said service. An airline will not let you on a plane unless you pay for a ticket either, no matter how much you stomp your little feet and cry that you want to go to Fiji too.

Also, if you think affording 5x subscription cost makes one rich, I suggest you re-evaluate your choise of career or your spending habits.
Cheating by itself implies that it is against the rules. Since it is not against the rules it is not cheating.

Now I do agree that multiboxing in Classic could be described as a form of pay 2 win. You do get an advantage and you do have to pay Blizzard for it. However I can't remember a time when this was a serious problem. Not enough people are willing to fork over five subscriptions to affect server economy. If Classic was f2p then it would likely be a real problem. I doubt Classic will be f2p.
05/01/2018 09:56Posted by Trajan

Now I do agree that multiboxing in Classic could be described as a form of pay 2 win. You do get an advantage and you do have to pay Blizzard for it.

There is only an advantage if you compare all the multiboxers accounts and characters to a single one. 5 beats 1, as they should if no other discrepancy is in play. This same advantage is however present if you company 5 non-multiboxed characters to one. Is this unfair? What if people can't find others to group with? Is grouping then unfair?

If you compare 5 multiboxed toons to 5 "normal" ones, there is no advantage. You can not compare 5 toons to 1 to try and establish an unfair advantage when by default one should be stronger than the other.

There are numerous reasons as to why people are allowed to own multiple accounts. As all licenses need to be treated the same, multiboxed accounts need to be able to be online and played at the same time, just like you would expect if for example someone owned 1 account for themself and 2 for their kids. At that point who is at the wheel becomes fairly irrelevant as long as it is indeed a person.

if Classic was f2p then it would likely be a real problem. I doubt Classic will be f2p.

Most likely boxing would be more prevelant then, yes, and it might be an issues. I think this point is fair enough. I doubt it will br F2P though so it's hypothetical issue that we're unlikely to face.
It is cheating,just blizz made game rulles so its fit their business plans. You 1 person gain massive advantage- farming,ganging,dungeons almost at all levels multiboxers got advantage.
Pay 2 win.Its do not matter how you call cheating in your familly, or somewhere else,internationaly it is cheating.
05/01/2018 13:35Posted by Middlekick
It is cheating,just blizz made game rulles so its fit their business plans. You 1 person gain massive advantage- farming,ganging,dungeons almost at all levels multiboxers got advantage.
Pay 2 win.Its do not matter how you call cheating in your familly, or somewhere else,internationaly it is cheating.
Cheating is, by definition, to violate the rules.
There's no rule violated in this case, so like it or not, it's not cheating. No matter how you call it.