The Vanilla Flavour is my favourite , see why

Classic Discussion
Dear Blizzard and the rest of the community,

I refuse to give up.Giving up is not an option. I said I shall quit for I was a witness of the untold number of bashing and anti Toxic Vanilla posts which were unleashed from the very moment of an Classic WoW Announcement as well as the general fights which are constantly plaguing the forums which is the inevitable outcome. I regret to admit the sorrowful state of humanity,However there shall always be hope.

I am indeed well aware of the hundreds of similar existing threads and there are many hundreds more incoming in the following months. It matters not. Everyone has the right to state an opinion for this is my last resort of energy therefore
For the Love of the Elune and the entire Passionate Vanilla Classic community:

Within us burns the passion ten times more potent than the entire burning forces of the Demonic legions of Saregras!!!

There is a trolling legion of Anti-Vanilla haters and envious people out there who shall try everything to diminish the Classic server implementation. It is only within your power to negate such an attempts. We are better than them! We are stronger and smarter! You Blizzard! You have done the impossible already, World of Warcraft has passed into Legend in ages past already, you've broke all the possible records and made countless of souls filled with a pure joy,happiness and love. WoW has changed the lives of millions of people across the globe.

For the love of the old Warcraft and the players do the right job. Give us the intact copy of the old game.

EVERYTHING I've stated came from very bottom of my heart and the desire.. desire which is beyond any mortal comprehension. The desire you once had when you created the Magical world of Azeroth.

Dear Blizzard, there is only one chance, this might sound a bit mean and bitter from my side,"insane", but I shall be straightforward and honest ~

Do give us the True Vanilla or simply quit the entire project right now if by any means you implement any of the Post Vanilla changes , be that major or minor game-play mechanics,graphical updates or audio changes.

There is absolutely no common sense,any logic at all, all shall be lost and one irreversible gigantic slap in the face for True veterans and people who have experienced the Original WoW if ends as an disaster with implementation and add-on of any little changes no matter how good seem for you or anyone else.

Think about it please for a moment, It's absurd! A decade of waiting to eventually end with remastered,re-modified ,enchanted , chaotic version of so called fake "Vanilla" ?!! NO!

Everything, Remember what Guldan SAID EVERYTHING! Keep everything from Vanilla!

A classic MUST remain a CLASSIC!

Sincere Regards,

Vanyalove

*Signature*
Oh, but there's a popular opinion on these forums that Classic was "bad", contained many "flaws" and "bad game design". That this time Blizzard has a chance to fix everything and make it "right", make a "good game" out of WoW Classic - with balanced classes, must-have QoL features, removed bad game design elements like Dishonorable Kills (or even Honor system entirely) and so on.
Erm, didn't you only start playing WoW a few months ago? How do you know anything about Classic when your first post on the WoW forums was how much you were enjoying this game you never played before?

False memory syndrome is alive and well.
Well, let's not divide our community further... Some people are so afraid because they are about to get what they have been asking for a decade (and rightfully so).
It doesn't mean, however, that they should make obtuse statements and be closed to discussions.
And please do not mistake WoW Classic for a legal 1.12 emulator or a legit private server.
So yes, discussions will take place. About class balances, patches, gear databases etc... And you should not look down or close your mind to these discussions.
The more open minded we are the better !
10/01/2018 17:14Posted by Babbak
So yes, discussions will take place. About class balances, patches, gear databases etc... And you should not look down or close your mind to these discussions.
The more open minded we are the better !
I'm not closing my mind to these discussions. But it I think that "no changes" is the best way to go - and this doesn't mean I'm being inflexible. It means that I'm quite prepared to flex out of my comfort zone and deal with mechanics as they were 13 years ago - because I've been asking for Classic Servers, not a re-invention of WoW Classic.
"No changes" doesn't mean anything... Because there has been countless revamps and tuning from 1.1 to 2.0... There has been loads of changes during wow vanilla. So what you are saying doesn't make sense to me Mirtle...
10/01/2018 16:49Posted by Mirtle
Oh, but there's a popular opinion on these forums that Classic was "bad", contained many "flaws" and "bad game design". That this time Blizzard has a chance to fix everything and make it "right", make a "good game" out of WoW Classic - with balanced classes, must-have QoL features, removed bad game design elements like Dishonorable Kills (or even Honor system entirely) and so on.

I don't think that is the case at all on these forums. Everyone on here loves pre expansion World of Warcraft. That's why we are here reading this. But there is one camp who wants the original patch cycle to be re-invented, and another who wants a static 1.0, a third who wants a static 1.5 and a fourth who wants a static 1.12. We don't need to kid ourselves though, we are all going to buy whatever Blizzard releases.

The more I was thinking about this (since Blizzard spoke out) and all the different views on this topic, the more I felt Blizzard isn't going to do any of that at all. My inner project manager tells my the best way to produce this and make money out of it (which is the reason Blizzard is doing this to begin with) is to create:

World of Warcraft Classic 1.0, an aggregate of the best things (subjective of the dev team) from vanilla in one big nice package.

By choosing that direction, compared to re-creating the patch progression, it will be a more streamlined dev cycle and it will be easier to re-produce all the new lines of code that needs to be written. No need to test, retest and retest that each version actually plays like the original version.
1.0 was not a patch mate... It was pre-launch... Launch starts at 1.1...
10/01/2018 17:26Posted by Uaral
another who wants a static 1.0, a third who wants a static 1.5
First time I hear about those. It'd be stupid anyway, because no BWL, Onlyxia, AQ or Naxx.

Original 1.0 was a small sliver of the game that original WoW was.

Then again, putting up a constant 1.12 is like skipping over half of the adventure.

I personally think that content progression should be re-invented somewhat. By that I mean class changes, gear changes and such. This will provide a healthy progression through the Vanilla. These should come out in patches, with new content.

Other changes should be part of base kit. For example weather, battlegrounds and honor system, numerous gameplay-unrelated bug fixes, or C'Thun nerfs (before which he was mathematically unkillable by normal means) - those things can be made available from day 1, even though originally they came in batches.

What I am most looking for is the experience of running raids with the mechanics, talents and gear that was available during the original progression of that raid. This means no 1.12 talents in Molten Core and BWL, no D2 set in those raids as well. I'm unsure about PVP sets and how they affect stuff, but I remember them not being as good when they just released.
10/01/2018 17:58Posted by Mirtle

I personally think that content progression should be re-invented somewhat. By that I mean class changes, gear changes and such. This will provide a healthy progression through the Vanilla. These should come out in patches, with new content.

Yes, I think it is very likely that content will be released progressively. I just don't think that the original patch cycle will be re-created, or if that is even practically possible.
11/01/2018 09:51Posted by Uaral
I just don't think that the original patch cycle will be re-created, or if that is even practically possible.
I agree. Timeframes are probably going to be at least twice as short than in 2005.

I think that they are going to somewhat mimic the order in which content was released, but at the same time make some of that content available right away.

Like Battlegrounds and Honor system. I personally don't see a point in delaying those features for a few months just to stay true to original Vanilla progression. The only thing to be careful about is PvP gear that can shife the balance of early dungeons and raids somewhat.
10/01/2018 16:18Posted by Vanyalove
Dear Blizzard and the rest of the community,

I refuse to give up.Giving up is not an option. I said I shall quit for I was a witness of the untold number of bashing and anti Toxic Vanilla posts which were unleashed from the very moment of an Classic WoW Announcement as well as the general fights which are constantly plaguing the forums which is the inevitable outcome. I regret to admit the sorrowful state of humanity,However there shall always be hope.

I am indeed well aware of the hundreds of similar existing threads and there are many hundreds more incoming in the following months. It matters not. Everyone has the right to state an opinion for this is my last resort of energy therefore
For the Love of the Elune and the entire Passionate Vanilla Classic community:

Within us burns the passion ten times more potent than the entire burning forces of the Demonic legions of Saregras!!!

There is a trolling legion of Anti-Vanilla haters and envious people out there who shall try everything to diminish the Classic server implementation. It is only within your power to negate such an attempts. We are better than them! We are stronger and smarter! You Blizzard! You have done the impossible already, World of Warcraft has passed into Legend in ages past already, you've broke all the possible records and made countless of souls filled with a pure joy,happiness and love. WoW has changed the lives of millions of people across the globe.

For the love of the old Warcraft and the players do the right job. Give us the intact copy of the old game.

EVERYTHING I've stated came from very bottom of my heart and the desire.. desire which is beyond any mortal comprehension. The desire you once had when you created the Magical world of Azeroth.

Dear Blizzard, there is only one chance, this might sound a bit mean and bitter from my side,"insane", but I shall be straightforward and honest ~

Do give us the True Vanilla or simply quit the entire project right now if by any means you implement any of the Post Vanilla changes , be that major or minor game-play mechanics,graphical updates or audio changes.

There is absolutely no common sense,any logic at all, all shall be lost and one irreversible gigantic slap in the face for True veterans and people who have experienced the Original WoW if ends as an disaster with implementation and add-on of any little changes no matter how good seem for you or anyone else.

Think about it please for a moment, It's absurd! A decade of waiting to eventually end with remastered,re-modified ,enchanted , chaotic version of so called fake "Vanilla" ?!! NO!

Everything, Remember what Guldan SAID EVERYTHING! Keep everything from Vanilla!

A classic MUST remain a CLASSIC!

Sincere Regards,

Vanyalove

*Signature*

It would be perfect but probaly won't happen .
They can't implement old client to curent state , without doing it from scratch .
So basicaly i think we will see old vanilla with new graphics and probaly ui with curennt Bnet access .
What?
10/01/2018 17:30Posted by Babbak
1.0 was not a patch mate... It was pre-launch... Launch starts at 1.1...

No. The US launch was patch 1.1

The EU launch patch was 1.2
Op is an entitled child throwing his toys out the pram at the mere idea of people suggesting changes to very clear flaws in his sacred cow and refuses to take off the rose tinted glasses to see them, people who want changes are not asking for anything that takes away from the feeling of vanilla but fixed the clear flaws present within it, If you want your !@#$ty 1.12 emulated as is vanilla go back to jumping from private server to private server, This is not vanilla this is classic and it's not for you.
12/01/2018 19:29Posted by Kamiklees
Op is an entitled child throwing his toys out the pram at the mere idea of people suggesting changes to very clear flaws in his sacred cow and refuses to take off the rose tinted glasses to see them, people who want changes are not asking for anything that takes away from the feeling of vanilla but fixed the clear flaws present within it, If you want your !@#$ty 1.12 emulated as is vanilla go back to jumping from private server to private server, This is not vanilla this is classic and it's not for you.

here's the problem, the flaws you see is your opinion, and your opinion only.

you can't dictate what people enjoy and what they do not enjoy, so clearing "clear flaws" can indeed be what people enjoy, thus ruining their game for them.

This works otherway around too, what you think is taken too far ? is adding LFD system that works ( instead of vanilla's broken one ) taken too far ? i'm sure there is people who thinks it should be reworked and there are people who don't want it reworked.