Should I answer Suramar's call for help?

General
Just dinged 110 on a character and got a call from the First Arcanist Thalyssra asking for my help as I'm their only hope for survival.

As an alliance member I'm questioning the need to answer this call - what should I do? Help them and bolster the horde or let them die out and save countless alliance in the future.

Edit: should've posted on an alliance character . . .
should have we killed illidan in the black temple?

there are too many questions about "lore" nowadays.
Purely from a game play perspective you don't need to, but you gain some added utility from having a readily accessible resting area once the initial quests are done... not to mention that pesky phasing issue.

If you press the quest line further get the suramar disguise, access to a teleport network for occasional world quests or fast dungeon/raid access. Eventually you get a self res for the broken isles after clearing the whole storyline and raid content.

If you want the balance of power, third artifact line appearance. Then you will also need to run suramars quest line up to at least the teleport network stage, then go and help the moonguard in the north.

But for a third or fourth alt, do you really want to bother? ;)
The game doesn't offer another means (lore-wise) of gaining entry to the Nighthold than aiding the Nightfallen, so unless you think Gul'dan resurrecting Sargeras somehow isn't the greater problem, you'll have to rethink just how many Alliance lives you're saving ;)
29/12/2017 13:34Posted by Pudzi
Help them and bolster the horde or let them die out and save countless alliance in the future.

Help them...thanks to Azeroths' frequent time anomalies the Nightbourne havent yet joined the Horde when you are! ;)
Take some savage snowballs and pvp grief players from the rooftops!
29/12/2017 13:58Posted by Fatum
there are too many questions about "lore" nowadays.

Such as where he gets his hair done... Does he go to a barber or a doggy salon for that poodle hairdo?
No, let those purple skinned mongrels rot...and put an end to all Suramar memes!
Well unless you have a main that has unlocked flying, you might want to go do their quests if you want to unlock flying. Otherwise you can completely ignore them now.

Either way it makes no difference since the story is set up that they'll join the horde thanks to Tyrande being such a... >insert expletive of choice<
You are her only hope, Pudzi. She'll wither without your help!
*whispers under her breath* For the Horde!

On a more serious note, if you haven't explored Suramar before with another character then I would definitely suggest not skipping it. It's a great zone story-wise, not to mention that the additional Artifact Power rewards and reputation are going to come in handy as well. :)

Good luck!
29/12/2017 13:58Posted by Fatum
should have we killed illidan in the black temple?

We did, but Blizzard decided 10 years later that we didn't :)
As a Horde player(when none of my friends are playing) I say go help them.

As an Alliance player(When my friends are playing) I say KILL THE TRAITORS!
Unless you haven't done the questline, then go do it. It is quite nice the first time around.
29/12/2017 15:45Posted by Narialeene
You are her only hope, Pudzi. She'll wither without your help!
*whispers under her breath* For the Horde!

HORDE FAVOURITISM, HORDE FAVOURITISM!

CRYSTAL CLEAR EVIDENCE RIGHT HERE EVERYONE!!
29/12/2017 15:51Posted by Krolgar

Unless you haven't done the questline, then go do it. It is quite nice the first time around.

You should have a word with Tyrande then and kill her. She is the one responsible for pushing them towards the horde.
first char then yes.
Do it. It's the only good story line that exists in Legion.
29/12/2017 15:56Posted by Saldura
You should have a word with Tyrande then and kill her. She is the one responsible for pushing them towards the horde.

She didn't give ice cream to Nightborne so they turned to her enemy.
29/12/2017 13:34Posted by Pudzi
Just dinged 110 on a character and got a call from the First Arcanist Thalyssra asking for my help as I'm their only hope for survival.

As an alliance member I'm questioning the need to answer this call - what should I do? Help them and bolster the horde or let them die out and save countless alliance in the future.

Edit: should've posted on an alliance character . . .

AP + Gold > Caring about a factions future alignment.

Should I suddenly stop doing WQs on argus? Hell no.
Theres a very big incentive for helping the nightfallen. Their plotline leading up to seizing the last pillar of creation, the Eye of Aman'Thul from Ellisande.
29/12/2017 15:56Posted by Saldura
29/12/2017 15:51Posted by Krolgar

Tyrande didn't trust them with good reason.

The Highborne became addicted to magic and led the Legion to Azeroth.
Then during the War of the Ancients they sealed themselves off in Suramar with a shield, while the rest of the night elves kept fighting the Legion.

When Tyrande finally returns to Suramar 10.000 years later she sees they have again become addicted to magic and also have allied themselves with the Legion.

And yet, she still helps them.

If the deserved mistrust is all it takes for Thalyssra to join the Horde, I'd say they're not good allies anyway.