How the hell is T21 so awful compared to T20?

Demon Hunter
Tier 21 absolutely ruins the status of DH's in every aspect.
We went from a high burst + steady DPS, to inguided projectiles. There is no guarantee that your dps will keep together duribng the encounter. tier 20 is superior in every aspect. Tier 21 upholds the class fantasy with eye beam but brings nothing more.

I hope they change this hoorible tier set.
08/01/2018 11:07Posted by Sacrifer
With 15% haste I get an extra gcd during little meta. 14% would also work for that, any lower haste will not work all the time.

Its 0,89 GCD if i calculate right. 9 GCDs in the 8sek demonicmeta.
may i try it, if find some items go down 5% haste and mastery up.
08/01/2018 13:14Posted by Tactikz
With 15% haste I get an extra gcd during little meta. 14% would also work for that, any lower haste will not work all the time.

Its 0,89 GCD if i calculate right. 9 GCDs in the 8sek demonicmeta.
may i try it, if find some items go down 5% haste and mastery up.

It's actually 10 gcds :)
08/01/2018 11:14Posted by Mobscene
Tier 21 absolutely ruins the status of DH's in every aspect.
We went from a high burst + steady DPS, to inguided projectiles. There is no guarantee that your dps will keep together duribng the encounter. tier 20 is superior in every aspect. Tier 21 upholds the class fantasy with eye beam but brings nothing more.

I hope they change this hoorible tier set.

The Problem is not the Tier Set, its probably you.
Use this : https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617663554 to improve your results in T21.

This is going to be my favourite Thing to do now xD
08/01/2018 14:05Posted by Sacrifer

[/quote]

rly? 15% does after eyebeam set 79% Haste. Thats already lower as 0,9?

0,89 gcd says 8,88...hits in 8seconds.
I know hastecap, 100%, is 0,75 gcd - 12 hits in 8seconds.

Maybe 10hits with Bloodlust aktiv? But than it should be 12.
Maybe im just stupid :P
I have raddons and anger, should i couple this with the t21 tier set? I have t20 but only from normal mode so the t21 base will be an increase in pure ilvl but what about overall dps? the refund and crit bonuses seem on paper to outweigh the demonic build but in practice does it?

I have no issues playing demonic as i run it for mythic and general world content, i just don't want to lower my DPS by coming away from blades.
u can do easyer dmg with chaosblades and mistakes are not that horrible for your overall ouput. But when your Antorus Gear is better than your ToS Gear, i recommend Demonic. Takes a little Tiem to understand the diffrences but works really well when u got it
09/01/2018 17:15Posted by Lilolidan
I have raddons and anger, should i couple this with the t21 tier set? I have t20 but only from normal mode so the t21 base will be an increase in pure ilvl but what about overall dps? the refund and crit bonuses seem on paper to outweigh the demonic build but in practice does it?

I have no issues playing demonic as i run it for mythic and general world content, i just don't want to lower my DPS by coming away from blades.
If the T21 is about 30 ilvls difference, you'll be outperforming due to the massive agility/stat increase.

Obviously, you'll be relying on a major thing for DHs (RNG) <-- Demonic appetite, without it proccing - you won't get any eyebeam reduction.

In order to perform the same as chaos blade, you're going to need a lot more luck.

Though, usually the ilvl will help with that.

I use the T20 in ST and T21 in cleave/AoE fights currently.

Though, my T20 is 930 with T21 being 945/945/950/975.

Overall, the ilvl will cause the T21 to be stronger (30 ilvls is quite a lot)

Use Raddons/Anger or shoulders/anger for T21 for the BiS legendaries anyway.
09/01/2018 13:24Posted by Tactikz
08/01/2018 14:05Posted by Sacrifer

rly? 15% does after eyebeam set 79% Haste. Thats already lower as 0,9?

0,89 gcd says 8,88...hits in 8seconds.
I know hastecap, 100%, is 0,75 gcd - 12 hits in 8seconds.

Maybe 10hits with Bloodlust aktiv? But than it should be 12.
Maybe im just stupid :P

No, with 15% haste and no BL I get 10 gcds into the 8 sec Meta. If I loose 1000 haste this wouldn't be 100% sure anymore because of latency and a little delay between eye beam ending and first gcd.
I tested this several times @dummy :)
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Well done.

Whats your stat prio?
I like play with hastecap after eyebeam, 20-25% Haste - but i see you got just 15% but 40% Mastery. Your gcd on 0,85 after Eyebeam?

You use Legy Shoulders Delusion over Raddons Head? Why?
I never tried Shoulders cause got a 975 m+ loot, dont have a good ring or headpiece with same much Agility.
Does it benefit alot of the Furyspend? I hate my Metacooldown too long for short fights.
I thought its maybe a waste since Demonic has a good meta uptime anyway.

According to my sims soulders and head are equal in dps. Which one I use depends on boss lifetime.
Our last Imonar hc kill was awful with shoulders, couldn't really use meta a 3rd time. For Kin'garoth shoulders should be BiS anyway.

i was wondering, should i go ring head or shoulders head? The shoulder tier set is pretty bad for havoc anyway, so.

I would have simmed it to be honest, but i still don;t have the shoulders, so i asked in case i get it.
09/01/2018 17:54Posted by Sacrifer

[/quote]

Ah :) i always check my character sheet for GCD.
Testing on dummy is a thing.

---

I have a queston for you guys on Artifact traits.

If take 1 Wide Eyes (-5 Eyebeam cost) and 3 Contained Fury ( +30 Max Fury ) we end on 20 cost for eyebeam and 160 max Fury.
In theorie we could beam at 60 fury (-20 cost and +120 Blind Fury) to end on 160 - thats enough for 4 Strikes. Also can consume 4 Souls without at once without wasting Fury.
Does this banking of Fury for Eyebeam Meta increase our dps alot?
I mean 10-30 more max Fury means 1-2 more save Strikes on Meta uptime.
Banking for Uptime also lowers the downtime..
10/01/2018 11:20Posted by Tactikz
09/01/2018 17:54Posted by Sacrifer

Ah :) i always check my character sheet for GCD.
Testing on dummy is a thing.

---

I have a queston for you guys on Artifact traits.

If take 1 Wide Eyes (-5 Eyebeam cost) and 3 Contained Fury ( +30 Max Fury ) we end on 20 cost for eyebeam and 160 max Fury.
In theorie we could beam at 60 fury (-20 cost and +120 Blind Fury) to end on 160 - thats enough for 4 Strikes. Also can consume 4 Souls without at once without wasting Fury.
Does this banking of Fury for Eyebeam Meta increase our dps alot?
I mean 10-30 more max Fury means 1-2 more save Strikes on Meta uptime.
Banking for Uptime also lowers the downtime..[/quote]

Critical chaos is by FAR your best relic. you should aim to get as many as possible, 10 of these means 60 % more crit damage from your most powerful ability.
I know CC-Trait is BiS on DH.
Im just curious, if i already have 3/6 CC Traits, what i choose for the last 3?

I think 1 x extra 10 Fury and -5 Cost on eyebeam aint bad. Banking Fury does some DPS in Demonic Build. Im just not a math genius to calculate it.
Why don't you play what u like and quit being an annoying special snowflake cry baby? (to all the people crying about t21) if u are so inlove with ur stupid t20 then just play it but a kick from my m+ and raid groups is incoming
you just need to practice, ever heard of this thingy called "experience"? n1 is best with anything they touch for the first time, been playing demonic in dungeons for months and still need to practice for raids
>>>to manage your cd's based on boss mechanics is to break your dps meter ;)
13/01/2018 11:03Posted by Dathedr
Why don't you play what u like and quit being an annoying special snowflake cry baby? (to all the people crying about t21) if u are so inlove with ur stupid t20 then just play it but a kick from my m+ and raid groups is incoming
Ouch, I'm sure that'll affect a lot of people.
It's not, you're probably just not playing Demonic correctly.
04/01/2018 00:38Posted by Tahamine
Because it's honestly awful.

You need to actually outgear the ilvl severely compared to the T20.

ST wise anyway.

Its only normal cause your using the talents that are best with tier 20.
Tier 21 will encourige demonic build and i do a shtload of dmg 2,5m on argus hc ^^ but in simmed language i do 1,95
05/03/2018 12:40Posted by Endimonioum
04/01/2018 00:38Posted by Tahamine
Because it's honestly awful.

You need to actually outgear the ilvl severely compared to the T20.

ST wise anyway.

Its only normal cause your using the talents that are best with tier 20.
Tier 21 will encourige demonic build and i do a shtload of dmg 2,5m on argus hc ^^ but in simmed language i do 1,95
Because my gear is T20 atm lol.