Classic Discussion
I don't care what people like to assume I want. I know I want vanilla, warts and all. Anyone who thinks they know my own mind more than I do are probably worth ignoring.
What's important is that ENOUGH people want to make a classic server sustainable and profitable for a company like Blizzard. And that is going to include compromises from both sides.
17/12/2017 00:03Posted by Maladi
What's important is was ENOUGH people want to make a classic server sustainable and profitable for a company like Blizzard. And that is going to include compromises from both sides.

Blizzard said that they're making the server, they dont care whether it's for millions or even just 10.

So no; we dont have to make compromises.
17/12/2017 00:50Posted by Miylee
What's important is was ENOUGH people want to make a classic server sustainable and profitable for a company like Blizzard. And that is going to include compromises from both sides.

Blizzard said that they're making the server, they dont care whether it's for millions or even just 10.

You. I like your posts.

I want the old times back. No, I'm not looking at them through "nostalgia goggles" as people might suspect. I remember clearly every !@#$ty thing about the game and now, I MISS THOSE THINGS.

I want things to be harder for me, I want for the talent specs and classes to be unbalanced. I want to get DESTROYED by good rogues again.

Hell, I was one of the a-holes abusing the hell out of Siphon Life/Soul Link spec as warlock, that was OP AF.

I want everyone from The Venture Co/Defias Brotherhood back...even though it's not possible... I, Zalmoth/Oniryu wish I could see you all again. Sharlz, Ohtar, Rincevind, Nysalor.... Even you A-holes from the opposite side; Kruel, Nymphetamine....

I WANT TO FIGHT WITH YOU AGAIN. GIVE ME BACK MY GLORY DAYS. I WILL FIGHT WITH YOU OR AGAINST YOU.
17/12/2017 01:49Posted by Minariel

You. I like your posts.

I want the old times back. No, I'm not looking at them through "nostalgia goggles" as people might suspect. I remember clearly every !@#$ty thing about the game and now, I MISS THOSE THINGS.

I want things to be harder for me, I want for the talent specs and classes to be unbalanced. I want to get DESTROYED by good rogues again.

Hell, I was one of the a-holes abusing the hell out of Siphon Life/Soul Link spec as warlock, that was OP AF.

I want everyone from The Venture Co/Defias Brotherhood back...even though it's not possible... I, Zalmoth/Oniryu wish I could see you all again. Sharlz, Ohtar, Rincevind, Nysalor.... Even you A-holes from the opposite side; Kruel, Nymphetamine....

I WANT TO FIGHT WITH YOU AGAIN. GIVE ME BACK MY GLORY DAYS. I WILL FIGHT WITH YOU OR AGAINST YOU.

Yeah you dont come across as nostalgic at all...
17/12/2017 04:28Posted by Morgathi
Yeah you dont come across as nostalgic at all...

So? Is nostalgia now a disease that makes it impossible for you to remember anything at all?

There are times when I like things more because of nostalgia, sure, but I still like them. It doesn't necessarily take away all of the good stuff just because someone out there remembers it fondly.

What's important is that ENOUGH people want to make a classic server sustainable and profitable for a company like Blizzard. And that is going to include compromises from both sides.

No, there will be no compromises from people who want unchanged vanilla. Why? Because there are plenty of private servers out there that people can play if they want vanilla, they don't have to play classic they just intend to because they'd rather play the game legally and pay for it if they can.

Even one change and all those thousands of private server players will just continue playing on private servers instead of playing Classic, there are no compromises.
Man I find it hilarious that these people use the word "compromise" like it has some inherent moral value. Hell no to compromise, if they get their compromise then why not have a compromise for those of us who want retail servers shut down permanently because they are an insult to a game we love? Let's say that because I want all retail servers down permanently, then a fair compromise would be to shut them down every other hour for example, so that even hours servers are online and odd hours they're offline. I could easily live with that compromise!
But if like all the flying,heirlooms and all other funserver stuff,then ask in legion or next game versions. Why you asking changes in Classic if you never were asking for Classic? Just to ruin game for them, who love Classic?