Will Blizzard change the PvP system?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
08/01/2018 10:42Posted by Middlekick
I love Classic and pvp, but if to change smth then pvp system a little bit. That system will ruin tons of lifes and healths.Account sharing,cheating,jobless,parasite's system. Imagine how those kidos looks like after 15+ hour grinding for week,months.
Must have some limit-12 hours per day/per character or smth.
Its like selling drugs to adicted drug users and forcong to use more.
But if will stay as it is. Will play anyway :)

Yeah. Right. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybNI0KB1bg
The old PvP system should stay as it is, it's a long painful grind and yes you kinda have to choose to abandon life for 4-6 weeks from rank 11-14. But that's their call let them enjoy it.
If I didn't have a busy life my self I would do it my self always wanted to reach rank 14 back than.

The old PvP grind is a authentic vanilla experience.
08/01/2018 18:37Posted by Sylvlol
The old PvP system should stay as it is, it's a long painful grind and yes you kinda have to choose to abandon life for 4-6 weeks from rank 11-14. But that's their call let them enjoy it.
If I didn't have a busy life my self I would do it my self always wanted to reach rank 14 back than.

The old PvP grind is a authentic vanilla experience.

Only rank 13-14 can take 4-6 weeks with bracket 1. No way that goes from rank 11.
I would love to reach full vanilla pvp set and weapons and no matter how much i hate that idea behind classic pvp system ( i was not able to get higher simply because i was not willing to spent that much time in sort of boring and repetitive PvP).. Anyway... this makes classic wow THE CLASSIC... not every content was created for every player.. PvE or PvP and since i love this idea i also love the idea of not getting pvp gear ( but i also hate it! because it look great XD )
The R13-14 pvp grind has to be insane because it unlocks many BIS items. Also i like seeing the warlords/high warlords in their awesome gear cause you know they put in crazy work to get that. And like another poster mentioned, there are alot of people still playing retail an "unhealthy amount of time" to be on top.

#nochanges :)
09/01/2018 15:20Posted by Kollib
The R13-14 pvp grind has to be insane because it unlocks many BIS items. Also i like seeing the warlords/high warlords in their awesome gear cause you know they put in crazy work to get that. And like another poster mentioned, there are alot of people still playing retail an "unhealthy amount of time" to be on top.

#nochanges :)

It's like that in any game where you get rewarded for time + effort spent. Some people have died while playing but when you look at the bigger picture, they're only a fraction, not even that, of the total playerbase in any game. They're like the percentage of a percentage.

We all spend more time playing games than we dare to admit.

Some just use those deaths as an excuse to push Blizzard into bending over and make it easier. Which i find kind of lame. People who want it easy should stick to the retail version.
[/quote]
Only rank 13-14 can take 4-6 weeks with bracket 1. No way that goes from rank 11.[/quote]

Maybe on private servers they changed into brackets. We did not have it on our server in classic also lotus and devilsaur mafia didn't exsist on our server.

I knew atleast 4 people who pushed rank 11-14 On a couple of weeks on my server. Maybe u spend to much time on private and forget the real vanilla.
09/01/2018 16:28Posted by Sylvlol
I knew atleast 4 people who pushed rank 11-14 On a couple of weeks on my server. Maybe u spend to much time on private and forget the real vanilla.
I know two people who did it to 14, and you definitely need more than a "couple of weeks" for that (couple = 2 right?).
Actually, that commenter is right. Only last ranks were very hard to get - lower ranks up to Knight-captain were easy enough (And this is where you got your gear)

Classic honor system was divided into brackets, kinda. Only the top 0.1% players on server could be Grandmarshal, but other ranks had bigger percentages. For example Commander, which is 4 tiers lower than GM, housed 1.4% of PVP players. The lower the rank, the more people were allowed to have it at the same time.
Then in the end of each week the system evaluated your contribution and placed you in a very linear fashion on a list. Top line on that list will be GM, next several lines will be M, and so on.
The 1 best player per faction per server will be City Protector (that quickly got removed).

That system made it so that it was exponentially easier to be promoted to lower ranks. There could be one GM, but like a hundred Knight-captains, so you didn't need to farm quite as much.

Or people didn't know about brackets nor how to abuse it by bracket stacking.

Would love to have a gm to confirm this and in general how they find the system now later on.

no its just that the pserver nerds took the grind and tryhard to next lvl within the last 13years. especially on the big hyped servers like nostalrius people tryharded like 5times more than anyone did in vanilla for the honor and inspects from other players.
it will be simillar when they release legacy realms because there will be people who already go with the mindset to get r14 at all cost into lvling their char.
@Calek

You're talking about mindset from server to server but don't you think that people will take that abusing mindset over to Classic wow?

I mean It's not like; Wow, hold your horses! This is Blizzards vanilla server let's play fair!
10/01/2018 18:49Posted by Jossefin
@Calek

You're talking about mindset from server to server but don't you think that people will take that abusing mindset over to Classic wow?

I mean It's not like; Wow, hold your horses! This is Blizzards vanilla server let's play fair!

Why do you keep projecting a !@#$ty private server experience to an official server? Private servers are poor approximations in every possible way. It's surprising that people who "played vanilla" and now play private servers don't see it.
10/01/2018 19:01Posted by Lanvemar
10/01/2018 18:49Posted by Jossefin
@Calek

Why do you keep projecting a !@#$ty private server experience to an official server? Private servers are poor approximations in every possible way. It's surprising that people who "played vanilla" and now play private servers don't see it.

then you must be blind or havent played one dince 2012 :)

and @joseffin
yes i think the r14grind on legacy will be the craziest and most tryhard thing wow has ever seen.
people know the system already already, they know the tricks, enormous hype, twitch, yt and everything :) like first nostalrius r14 grinds just 100x times more player and hype.
10/01/2018 19:01Posted by Lanvemar
It's surprising that people who "played vanilla" and now play private servers don't see it.
It's surprising how people who didn't play Private Servers at all recently - seem to be experts on the matter of their difference and inferiority to Vanilla.
Wonder if it is a reason to ban account that plays on private servers, and supports them in blizzards forums...
11/01/2018 12:17Posted by Nosturikuski
Wonder if it is a reason to ban account that plays on private servers, and supports them in blizzards forums...

Part of the reason for the existance of Private Servers is the fact Blizzard drove those players away themselves.

Banning them while they are potentially coming back would be counter productive and more than a bit weird.

Blizzard wants to make money, not 'meet out justice'.
11/01/2018 12:28Posted by Shogath
Banning them while they are potentially coming back would be counter productive and more than a bit weird.

But what about the cases above, when people demand changes on the official server because of their broken private server? And then actively deny it, while promoting the idea that their server is perfect, even though it's enough to read this topic alone in order to see that there is something fishy about the problems people present here.
11/01/2018 12:35Posted by Lanvemar
11/01/2018 12:28Posted by Shogath

But what about the cases above, when people demand changes on the official server because of their broken private server? And then actively deny it, while promoting the idea that their server is perfect, even though it's enough to read this topic alone in order to see that there is something fishy about the problems people present here.

thanks to these people we get legacy realm :)
sorry to hear that your life isnt going that well and you find joy to see people banned because you dont agree with them :)