[A-RP] Bloodhunt - The Hunt Begins

Argent Dawn
Who are we?

First and foremost, Bloodhunt is a group of hunters - if that wasn't already clear, this thread certainly isn't for you. By the history of the creator of the order, it is clear we are not average "run of the mill" hunters. Each person within the order, will be trained to old methods of a long forgotten circle - to instill an ancient fear back into those of a darker nature.

We seek out the dark - not just "would-be" cultists and abominations, but also artifacts of importance that would prove to be dangerous to the wrong hands.

Obviously, there's the likely chance this has been read and followed with the question "What makes you so different? Loads of orders have been like you." and to be frank, we've asked the same question before. We will be taking time with character progression in this order, promotions will be incredibly rare - we'd like each person to feel like their character development is growing as they journey with us.

Now, the reason for this, is that we want to create a brilliant atmosphere. We've ran guilds before, learned from our mistakes, and reached out into the community to ask "What would you want to see done differently in a guild?". We will -always- listen to recommendations, so that we can improve everyone's time with us.

Recruitment

If, after reading everything that has been written below (to do with ranks and such) you find yourself wanting to join, then please contact Beckley in-game or via PM on Argent Archives!

Though you must understand, we won't be accepting -everyone-, we'll be very picky about who joins the order first. We need a solid foundation on which to create our ideal home. This has proven in the past, to be a good way of creating quality roleplay for people.

Race-wise, we will only be accepting humans. Other races simply do not fit in with the history of the order, and it's preceding circle.

1st Edit o' Faith, 3rd January

It has come to my attention, that due to the order being so secretive, the knowledge of it existing is very limited. So, if you've passed the thread and are unsure on how to go about approaching - your character may have heard about the return of the former High Inquisitor. Word of mouth is faithful to the spreading of rumours.

Our Home

Now, as it stands, the order's home will be Stormwind City. The reason for this, is that it's an easy hub to begin our recruitment in - however, upon deciding who will help lead the order, a new home will be found - and with a new home, the thread will be updated.

Ranks

At the top of the foodchain, we have the Keeper - Clara Beckley. The founder of Bloodhunt, and former High Inquisitor of the Hallowed Sect.

Below her, we have the Inner Circle. This group, at most, will be around three to four people - personally selected by the Keeper to act as her right hand group. Those who are to join the Inner Circle will be chosen after incredible amounts of time and devotion to Bloodhunt, and will only be those Clara trusts the most - which, in itself, is an incredibly difficult task alone.

Below the Inner Circle, we have the Arbiters. A familiar rank, having been brought into the new order. Effectively, this is the highest rank anyone can hope to achieve without earning the trust of the Keeper. However, it will still require a great deal of time to achieve. The Arbiters are highly trained hunters, proficient in both ranged weaponry - and blade. Their methods will be unorthodox, and with enough time, their own name feared and respected across the lands.

Prior to becoming an Arbiter, you must first become Devoted. The Devoted are those who have been recognised by the Keeper and/or Inner Circle to possess a great deal of skill, and are on their way to becoming an Arbiter. It is at this point, where one-to-one training will begin by one of the Inner Circle.

Now, upon joining, you will be instantly known as an Aspirant. Naturally, this rank is very common among orders, but it is here where you will study. There will be no combat training at this point, the first stage is to train the mind, to make sure every Aspirant understands what we are about.

If, the combat route is not for you, and you wish to aid Bloodhunt in other ways - then perhaps you'd simply like to enroll for the Consociate rank. We will be looking for the smaller things in the Consociates; Cooks, First Aiders, Blacksmiths, Leatherworkers, and so on. You will travel with Bloodhunt, but you will not be brought into the fray (unless planned prior to any events.)

Rules

1: This, we cannot stress enough: Do -NOT- take IC conflict, OOC. This has been the downfall of many guilds and we simply do not stand for it. It stands for instant dismissal, you will be removed without hesitation.

2: No racism. Time and time again, we've seen racial slurs thrown about in guild chats - now, whilst it may have been a lighthearted joke, someone may take offense. We'd like to avoid anything like this.

3: Be kind and understanding to new roleplayers, should we come across them. You must remember, that at one point, you were that new person. Remember where you started. Stay humble. Give them friendly advice.

Other rules needn't be stated, as they come under "Common Sense". Which is highly recommended.

Further Information

For people looking to join, you must understand that we won't have many (if any) events to begin with. We must first establish our place among the community prior to getting events going. A lot of planning will be going into these events, so we'd like to have them as fleshed out as possible to give people a truly immersive experience.

Thank you for the read!
Thumbs up for very interesting initiative. I have a few questions,answers will help me deciee if I want to contact Beckley.

1) what is bloodhunt's view on magic? Is there anything considered forbidden or its only matter what you use these tools for?

2) do you expect fleshed out characters and well trained in their own art or you prefer characters who will be train in your way?

3) does this ancient knowledge includes worshipping or perhaps giving sacrifices to some deity?

4) is main purpose of bloodhunt hunt itself or they follow some ideology/philosophy ?

5) I would perspnally like to have deeper description of what bloodhunt actually is about in terms of it's beliefs but i understand someone likes to leave that to IC interaction
29/12/2017 12:04Posted by Lotionan
Thumbs up for very interesting initiative. I have a few questions,answers will help me deciee if I want to contact Beckley.

1) what is bloodhunt's view on magic? Is there anything considered forbidden or its only matter what you use these tools for?

2) do you expect fleshed out characters and well trained in their own art or you prefer characters who will be train in your way?

3) does this ancient knowledge includes worshipping or perhaps giving sacrifices to some deity?

4) is main purpose of bloodhunt hunt itself or they follow some ideology/philosophy ?

5) I would perspnally like to have deeper description of what bloodhunt actually is about in terms of it's beliefs but i understand someone likes to leave that to IC interaction

Hello! Thanks for the response, I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

1 - There is very little the hunt would outlaw in terms of use of magic. The obvious being things such as fel magic, anything related to the use of demons etc. Use of the Arcane is welcome.

2 - Either or, actually. Fresh characters are just as welcome as the fleshed out ones. A mix of the training provided, and combat experience already known would simply make us that much more of a force to be reckoned with!

3 - Any reference of 'Ancient Knowledge', refers to the old tomes of the old Sect, within which - enlightenment. These would be used for the mind training, allowing a deeper understanding of the work we do. There's nothing relating to worship of deities, nor sacrifices.

4 - There is some ideology behind the hunt, which I have been rather vague about. I'll offer a brief run down, but as you started in point 5, some like to leave it down to IC interaction.

So, Bloodhunt was birthed after the collapse of an old order named "The Hallowed Sect", the old leader had become corrupt. The base of the new order, is that we seek the dark within even the brightest of places. Of course, what we do is hunt, but with an unorthodox view of the Light. It remains a religious sect, so to speak, but not as "in your face".

If you've more question, or if I haven't answered clearly enough, please let me know! :)
Thanks for your answers very much!
I have further following questions:

How does Order use on look on usage of hemomancy, necromancy and voidmancy?
29/12/2017 13:07Posted by Lotionan
Thanks for your answers very much!
I have further following questions:

How does Order use on look on usage of hemomancy, necromancy and voidmancy?

Well, Necromancy and Voidmancy are definitely a no. Under special circumstances, Hemomancy -might- be acceptable, but realistically - also a no.
Just last question probably.

Idea of hunter transcends being a close range, ranged or mage ?
29/12/2017 16:28Posted by Lotionan
Just last question probably.

Idea of hunter transcends being a close range, ranged or mage ?

Any class (providing they're human) can become a hunter. It's not all ranged battling! Perhaps not Death Knights, but we shall see.
-First Bump o' Patience-