restoring old account

General
anyone got any insight in restoring old accounts?

like i have a vanila acc+bc and i stopped playing late bc... and all i have is my name on it and i remember my email that i put there.

i forgot everything else and albeit seeing the key pass in phisical form a few times i think it went in trash a long time ago.

so; what do they need to restore account and if merging or whatever, what do i lose and what do i gain.
Try the customer support forum or opening a ticket as either of those will put you in direct contact with someone who can help you with restoring your accounts.
well it felt bad opening a contact ticket during holidays so i wont open one for a week at least so since this question popped in my head i wanted to ask if someone on the forum went through the process and what was gained/lost.
30/12/2017 11:23Posted by Happymage
well it felt bad opening a contact ticket during holidays so i wont open one for a week at least so since this question popped in my head i wanted to ask if someone on the forum went through the process and what was gained/lost.

You shouldn't feel bad, Blizz has customer support that work to answer your tickets even during Holiday season.

Provide any useful information that you can, email, char names, anything that you can remember and they should be able to restore your old account.
30/12/2017 11:23Posted by Happymage

It's kinda their job, you know. They're sitting there at that desk ANYWAY, may as well send them an email, ticket or forum post. The thing about those compared to a phone call is that whoever gets it assigned to them can answer when they're READY, not in that very second.
Hey there Happymage,

My colleagues over on the CS forums wouldn't be able to directly help you with an account recovery, but one of my Game Master colleagues may be able to.

When contacting them just make sure to add as much info as you still remember about the account. Especially character names and servers can be a great help, but even the WoW account name (pre-Battle.net), old email addresses, any (nick) names you may have registered or any cd-keys/codes you used can come in handy. :)

Good luck!
30/12/2017 12:06Posted by Narialeene
any cd-keys/codes you used can come in handy.

I had the old classic/bc boxxes laying around. The keycode inside and the name of account owner was enough for restore.
That actually reminds me of something I've been wanting to ask for a couple of years. Hopefully this is the right topic for it since it has to do with restoring accounts.

Since the authenticators have been introduced there seems to be no way of people getting "hacked" without actually going on shady websites. I remember back in 2013 I went on my schools computer to check out and post on these forums and got marked as an hacked account. I had to call Blizzard and they asked me for my verification sentence... I decided to send them my ID, but I rather not have my ID to be send to any orginisation.

Is there any way to check which question I added over 12 years ago and the answer that was given to it? After moving three times I have lost my account creation details and I already bought a 2nd account when I lost my first one back in 2007 before TBC. In case I am stupid enough to log onto my laptop at uni and get my account locked again
Managed to get my ancient vanilla+tbc account restored and merged. five CE pets saved from oblivion. Mini diablo, panda, zergling, lurky and netherwhelp. and a lot of Feats of strenghts.