New features in Classic WoW?

Classic Discussion
...NO, thanks.

We asked for Classic WoW because we want to play the real first WoW experience, without all the things that changed (and in some way ruined) that game in the next expansions. And that's the way it should be, not an "alternative version" of Vanilla.
So:
NO lfg
NO lfr
NO trasmog
NO heirlooms
NO portals everywhere
NO item level
NO flight
and so on...
You really couldn't post this in one of the 10 other threads on the front page discussing the same flipping subject....
21/12/2017 10:30Posted by Charros
You really couldn't post this in one of the 10 other threads on the front page discussing the same flipping subject....

Some things can not be understated. When Blizzard sees 10 threads about no changes but 30 threads by malicious people trolling pretending they want Classic to be the same as retail, then Blizzard gets the wrong idea and starts to believe them.

As it is Blizzard no longer has people working for them that understand vanilla WoW so they will be looking for what the customers ask for on the forum. This is why it's important that the message be clear.
21/12/2017 11:27Posted by Agrima

As it is Blizzard no longer has people working for them that understand vanilla WoW so they will be looking for what the customers ask for on the forum. This is why it's important that the message be clear.

They're still in contact with the Nostalrius team and they hired some of their old Classic developers to work on the new server.
21/12/2017 10:30Posted by Charros
We see alot of new posts every day about changes to classic aswell, both sides are doing the same thing. :P
21/12/2017 09:57Posted by Porzel
...NO, thanks.

We asked for Classic WoW because we want to play the real first WoW experience, without all the things that changed (and in some way ruined) that game in the next expansions. And that's the way it should be, not an "alternative version" of Vanilla.
So:
NO lfg
NO lfr
NO trasmog
NO heirlooms
NO portals everywhere
NO item level
NO flight
and so on...

What do you mean by item level?
Item level displayed? Or ability to upgrade item from certain level to higher level?

Also about transmog...

One thing I hate about WoW design is that not one member of WoW design team has ever held a sword in his/hers hands.

If they did they would know that a sword MUST LOOK like a SWORD.
Not a frakking rowing paddle.

I say yes for Transmog of weapons/shield only.

agree on everything else.
No transmog...

The visual apperance shall reflect the gear you currently wear.
The transmog part, like all other graphic parts, can be easily solved with a toggle. You disable it, you will see others with their real gear and not transmogs. Enjoy your ugly world of vanilla patchwork armor.

Both sides are happy and aren't affecting each other negatively.

Another problem solved, no need to thank me.
Wouldn't it be awesome if they made towns, such as Goldshire, Kharanos, The Crossroads and so on bigger? I know that they planned on making towns bigger in Vanilla. You can see photos of, for example, Goldshire if you google Goldshire Alpha. It has always bothered me to some extent that these so called "towns" consists of a hand-full of buildings and a few npcs at most. It probably won't happen and I'm a purist myself, but I'm just saying it would be refreshing to see the world more alive.
22/12/2017 07:00Posted by Rizzenn

What do you mean by item level?
Item level displayed? Or ability to upgrade item from certain level to higher level?

I mean displayed.
Item Level is only an insignificant stat that players needed to make some selection between randoms, and it's confused with player's skill.
Nothing will stop someone from creating an addon that displays item level.
And you can bet that such an addon will soon become a requirement in raiding guilds and even in groups.
01/01/2018 16:48Posted by Maladi
And you can bet that such an addon will soon become a requirement in raiding guilds and even in groups.
because of how vanilla itemization worked, such an addon would be of little to no use.
01/01/2018 17:37Posted by Darkvveaver
01/01/2018 16:48Posted by Maladi
because of how vanilla itemization worked, such an addon would be of little to no use.
A simple display of fire resistance would do the job...
Have less than (making up a number here) 150 fire resistance? You can't come to the raid.

You guys seem to imply that gear score is the great evil, but elitism existed before that.
01/01/2018 17:54Posted by Maladi
...because of how vanilla itemization worked, such an addon would be of little to no use.
Have less than (making up a number here) 150 fire resistance? You can't come to the raid.

You guys seem to imply that gear score is the great evil, but elitism existed before that.

Well. If you're asking a question like this while recruiting to a raid it would just show everyone that the raid leader has no clue what he's doing so might be a good idea so people would stay away.
01/01/2018 18:03Posted by Lanvemar
...A simple display of fire resistance would do the job...

Well. If you're asking a question like this while recruiting to a raid it would just show everyone that the raid leader has no clue what he's doing so might be a good idea so people would stay away.
You deny that you need some amount of fire resistance for several bosses and even trash in MC and BWL?
Who has no clue?
What is a simple game to one person will be a matter of life and death to another. That is never going to change.
...because of how vanilla itemization worked, such an addon would be of little to no use.

No i'm implying that item level wouldn't tell you alot about how good someones gear is in vanilla. Fire resistance isn't item level. Not all raids require fire resistance anyway.

An example would the warlock dungeon set. dreadmist gives alot of stats. The stats being int, stam, and spirit. Warlocks main stats are spell damage, spell hit and spell cirt. This means that even tho dreadmist should have an item level on par with other items droping from the same dungeons, the other items are a million times better if they give any of the warlocks main stats. A warlock in greens could have alot better gear then a warlock in full dreadmist.

Honestly i remember this being true when i played in the start of legion too. someone with high item level but the wrong secondary stats on that gear could have worse gear then someone with lower item level but the right secondary stats. It's like that in vanilla just intensified.

I don't think item level is ''evil'', i think it doesn't give you very useful information and sadly some people don't even realize it.