Which tank has the fewest buttons?

General
27/12/2017 14:52Posted by Khoda
27/12/2017 04:13Posted by Happymage
dk is the easyest followed by druid.

Explain to me how dk is easyst?

The easyst is brm

Brm gameplay:

Keep ISB up.. If red use purify brew.. Continue whole fight and gg .

If in !@#$ (highly unlikely scenario), use fortify brew or expel harm.

well i dont tank a lot with brm, but again with him you need a controller as rolling than with fixed speed facing the mobs is not optimal.
27/12/2017 12:29Posted by Benjamin
27/12/2017 02:49Posted by Lightslayers
Bear or Brewmaster

Bears have the added benefit of not actually requiring you to press buttons until late mythic raid bosses

I disagree. Bear has fair amount of buttons.

Barskin, Ironhide, Frenzie, Survival Instinct,

You can include offensive abilities like Thrash, Maul, etc.. However I will exclude them to simplify.

Where as brm has

ISB, Purify, FB.

Yuo don't know how to monks works. It is the hardest tank class in currently expansion. After boosting DK no one want tank monk.

If you want use stagger you need to practice a lot, because it give huge dot, and not all healers know how to heal monk tank. You must very carefuly use Purify and Iron Skinbrew because you can make troubles for your healers who have less skill and don't know about stagger mechanic. And also Monk don't have good survi CD's like Paladin or Warrior reduction we had onyl 1 brew.

And I was playing on my Xbox controller to and you really can easy bind around 30 spells/macros.
28/12/2017 12:32Posted by Thedice
27/12/2017 19:43Posted by Arcadiâ
My son plays blood dk, Destro lock and Ret Pally with an xbox controller using wowmapper. He does a fine job.

How is targeting mobs handled with that?

He says he uses the bumper buttons for targeting mobs.

He has tanked mythic +15 and all of Antorus normal and some of hc.

I did try it myself and it was a disaster - so it's not for everyone and takes time to get used to.
28/12/2017 13:52Posted by Plamcia
27/12/2017 12:29Posted by Benjamin

You can include offensive abilities like Thrash, Maul, etc.. However I will exclude them to simplify.

Where as brm has

ISB, Purify, FB.

Yuo don't know how to monks works. It is the hardest tank class in currently expansion. After boosting DK no one want tank monk.

If you want use stagger you need to practice a lot, because it give huge dot, and not all healers know how to heal monk tank. You must very carefuly use Purify and Iron Skinbrew because you can make troubles for your healers who have less skill and don't know about stagger mechanic. And also Monk don't have good survi CD's like Paladin or Warrior reduction we had onyl 1 brew.

And I was playing on my Xbox controller to and you really can easy bind around 30 spells/macros.

Monk is most complex but not hardest as stagger gives you a huge safety net
the hardest spec to play is warrior imho... surviving that magic damage is a chore.
28/12/2017 13:52Posted by Plamcia
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Where as brm has

ISB, Purify, FB.

Riight.. Complex.. I guess that is how people call broken these days..

All boss tacts are same when you play monk.. Keep ISB up and forget about active mitigations like other tanks... Complex and difficult BRM? Biggest joke this expansion that people simply bought.
Keep ISB up and forget about active matigations like other tanks.

ISB is the monk's active mitigation.
28/12/2017 19:21Posted by Shumensko
Keep ISB up and forget about active matigations like other tanks.

And hence the joke.

The active mitigation that must be kept up 100% of the time or your 'tank' gets stumbled.

BRM is not fun to play with. With other tanks at least you are paying attention to boss abilities and accordingly utilising your moves. With brm, just keep ISB, and taunt swap. All bosses play the same to you.
28/12/2017 19:21Posted by Shumensko

And hence the joke.

The active mitigation that must be kept up 100% of the time or your 'tank' gets stumbled.

BRM is not fun to play with. With other tanks at least you are paying attention to boss abilities and accordingly utilising your moves. With brm, just keep ISB, and taunt swap. All bosses play the same to you.

Well, fun is subjective. And I'd argue that apart from ISB, you have to keep up Eye of the Tiger and Breath of Fire.
but i agree yo... monk is just isb and 7min cd (+1with lego). so in the meantime of all of this you are left to healers.

i am certain some people like that playstile, but i like to chose from given options than to just wait and see.
but to be crude... monks were striped from healing spheres in favour for dh souls. (and some lock abilies)
and they did what they could but in comparison to other tanks is missing at least mop shield that he had on 2 charges.
28/12/2017 21:11Posted by Happymage
but to be crude... monks were striped from healing spheres in favour for dh souls. (and some lock abilies)
and they did what they could but in comparison to other tanks is missing at least mop shield that he had on 2 charges.

28/12/2017 21:11Posted by Happymage

I miss mop brewmaster too.

It had amazing variation, different playstyle, even stats change your gameplay considerably. It was also the only tank in game that plays with combo points and it worked.

Pruned to ground now. They tried to make elusive brew passive with new mastery and failed. They removed shuffle and instead gave us ISB instead and forced it into AM ability. We used to be the tank specs with least amount of HP yet we survived the strongest hits. Now what are we?
I love brew monk from WoD. With guard, baseline statue and throwing kegs 24/7 for aggro/slowing. Also, chi torpedo reset with victory roll glyph could do insane dmg on aoe packs.

Unfortunately, brew monk is gutted. Keepin ironskin up and ocasionally puryifing it arent exactly what you could call an engaging spec. Things do change a bit when you take blackout combo and start working with it, but still..spec is gutted and mechanicaly - gameplay wise it's the worst tanking spec in the game.
Unfortunately, cause I loved brewmasters in WoD.
For every boss you have diffrent active migration. And monk is most strefull tank. You cannto jsut put your cd and stay alive because monk don't have dmg reduction cd.

Stagger don't reduce dmg you just get that hit directly and if you don't survive because you had "only" 90% hp you will instantly die.

On Paladins we have bubbles and 3-5 spells which reduce dmg taken. This same on Warrior who has similar spells like shieldblock, shield wall, and some absorbs. Death Knight has overpower lifesteal and Bone armor. Druid have pasive armor from form, and Ironskin.

Why monk don't have any good dmg reduction skill?

I really hate activ migration on monk because I never know when healer is healing me or when he is not.

If any raid team want use Monk as a tank they need discipline priest, MW monk or druid restoration on healers because others will just suck on hc and mythic.

Look on Monks logs, msot of time we get hits for 70-90% of our hp, and this is so stressfull even on normal. HC for me is nightmare.
Brew complex? Just 100% ISB -> purify when stagger reaches red -> repeat.
29/12/2017 11:29Posted by Etubrutus
Brew complex? Just 100% ISB -> purify when stagger reaches red -> repeat.

Exactly. Complex my bony !@#.

29/12/2017 06:35Posted by Draccul
I love brew monk from WoD. With guard, baseline statue and throwing kegs 24/7 for aggro/slowing. Also, chi torpedo reset with victory roll glyph could do insane dmg on aoe packs.

They removed everything that made us iconic like dizzly haze, elusive brew, ox statue, guard, chi, etc... For no reason so that guy can play the spec with his tablet.

funny, how they sing class identity. Instead of removing our teleport (We are no warlock mon!) they remove our brew tosing ability.
Ok, the same guy has recorded new video, in which he was raiding Antrous with a controller and BRM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwWYTWgJF44&app=desktop
And hence the joke.

Well, fun is subjective. And I'd argue that apart from ISB, you have to keep up Eye of the Tiger and Breath of Fire.
id argue that tracking abilities that come naturally with the rotation is suboptimal and unnecesarry. And i see that on every streamer. I wanna shout at him: you dont need to track that....!!
I've been leveling a tank DH and I gotta say it's pretty braindead...

There's really not much you have to keep track of tbh.
30/12/2017 12:15Posted by Feyrith
I've been leveling a tank DH and I gotta say it's pretty braindead...

There's really not much you have to keep track of tbh.

Well at least with vengence you have more active matigations than monk, and you cannot keep them up 100% of fight.