Looking for a dps class for my wife

General
Hi guys, I have been out of the game for a while. I am trying to watch videos and look at forums, mainly icyveins and similars and youtubers specialized in wow content, and I am a bit confused, especially because there is a lot people arguing in the comments and basically these youtubers don't really look trustworthy to make an opinion for myself. I started playing again recently and my wife joined me, she is a beginner and for the future the highest aim I thought of are mainly normal and heroic raids(if we are gonna be able to find a guild that is up to that :P). Enjoying wow in easy mode if possible. I was looking for a dps class, maybe ranged, so she can fight away from the main mess of melee dps, tanks, bosses and adds, but this is not mandatory. Just looking for something that is considered generally "easier" and that put out a loot of damage without actually having to break your fingers in perfectly timed rotations. Don't know if such thing exists, but I was hoping to find a better answer here. Thanks in advance to whoever might help. :)
In the Newcomers forum, I usually point at BM Hunter and Affliction Warlock for questions like these.

In both cases, the pets make World Quests a breeze, which is a Big Deal for new players. Afflock is doing very well in competitive play at the moment; hunter not so much, but if you're not being competitive, it's better than having a complicated spec that you end up playing badly. Hunter, of course, also has the side-game of collecting pets.
BM Hunter is easy as long as you remember pet management but they aren't in a good place deeps wise. Mage is fun, Frost is doing well atm.

Regarding youtube, a chap called Preach did some solid class guides (although they are for 7.2.5), check out his playlist here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzGgYUSGGZk&list=PL0j3zibAlFDtg5FzUv9KLWOgNoERh83bY
thanks guys for the advice, I will definitely dig more info on frost mages and bm hunters :)
I love frost mage. It's my own personal favourite spec, and my /played on my frost mage is over double all my other characters put together.

But it is not necessarily the most foolproof spec for a beginner. It is certainly not the hardest of specs, but especially outside of instances, you will crumple up like a paper bag if you don't maintain your movement and control. I mde the mistake of recommending it to some newcomers some years ago because I liked it, and some of those had a hard time with it. I would not discourage a newcomer who was drawn to it, but I would not hold it out as an ideal beginner spec.

I second Rhovanor's mention of Preach, but I'd point at
https://www.youtube.com/user/mikepreachwow/search?query=legion+comparison
as a better quick reference than the in-depth guides. It's less accurate and detailed, but gives a better higher-level overview. By all means, let your wife have a look and see what she feels. Feeling a bond with the class is really important for success. I can say, probably truly, that objectively AffLock is simply THE BEST spec for beginners at the moment, but that means nothing for someone who doesn't like that style of play.
BM Hunter doubtlessly.
just play whatever she likes. in my opinion you do best with what you enjoy most :)

but nr1 simple class since vnailla is no doubt bm hunter.

no big error potential,range, no casttime, immunity selfcd, good for solo content
Druid.

Druid can literally fit every role. Healer, tank, melee dps and ranged dps.

This way she can adjust her playstyle what fits her the most without needing to reroll mid progress - unless she absolutely wants to.
Im just a casual player, not playing for max hero content/gear. Just enjoying the easy part of the game.

I'm playing a couple of different specs and i find Arcane Mage and MM Hunter fun and easy for ranged, Feral druid/Fury warrior by far the easiest and also fun for melee.
11/01/2018 06:13Posted by Calek
no big error potential

Not since they took away our Aspect of the Pack ;)
11/01/2018 05:52Posted by Gráinne
I'd point at
https://www.youtube.com/user/mikepreachwow/search?query=legion+comparison
as a better quick reference

Yes, thank you they were the guides I was thinking of, just a TLDR of each spec and his view of what's fun and not so much!

11/01/2018 05:52Posted by Gráinne
but especially outside of instances, you will crumple up like a paper bag if you don't maintain your movement and control

Haha indeed, picked up my fire mage recently and it's certainly different than standing there pew pewing on a hunter. They earn the name squishy!
Try shadowpriests :D

My elder sis (who was introduced to wow by her husband) went for that and they are loads of fun :D
pandaren racial has increased cooking if im not mistaken
and what about your wifes son?
Can't she pick a class that she likes the theme on? Every class in this game is easy to do DPS with. WoW is really beginner friendly.
11/01/2018 04:15Posted by Gráinne
In the Newcomers forum, I usually point at BM Hunter and Affliction Warlock for questions like these.

In both cases, the pets make World Quests a breeze, which is a Big Deal for new players. Afflock is doing very well in competitive play at the moment; hunter not so much, but if you're not being competitive, it's better than having a complicated spec that you end up playing badly. Hunter, of course, also has the side-game of collecting pets.

Affliction will not be good for beginner..

She would be better with BM since it only have two buttons rotation.
11/01/2018 16:02Posted by Crode
Every class in this game is easy to do DPS with.

Assas rogue and unholy dk are quite complex, mm hunter is a little too if to make the most of it.
If you're a WoW dev, have her play ret: http://cad-comic.com/comic/bringin-the-deeps/
I also recommend a BM hunter for beginners, not only because of the easy rotation (few buttons to press, if it blinks click it etc) but also because
- you are always a bit outside the action, gives a better overview and is less confusing
- you have your pet(s) as a guardian and can collect new ones or change their appearance which may be attractive to a new player

I also recommend the class test feature, it's a simple way to test other classes and see if they maybe fit the player fantasy better.
Warlock is easy and forgiving. Destro and affli are both easy to play and tanky, means if you fail a mechanic you probably will bot die.