The opposite of pet peeves - your pet likes

Argent Dawn
Prev 1 11 12 13 16 Next
I like the Lovecraftian approach to Azshara, the Old Gods and the Void we're seeing on Kul Tiras.

It also highlights how incredibly lucky the void elves are. They were on the brink of becoming all mucus-y and gross.
I have yet to lvl through Drustvar on Alliance, but Waycrest Manor. Oh, My GOD!

I have always loved Gothic and spooky themed things, that dungeon is my all-time favourite ever!
16/01/2018 14:34Posted by Siegvard
People who embrace the High Fantasy of WoW and all its quirks.

Never surrender to the GoT wannabes.
Game of Thrones is high fantasy tho
16/08/2018 22:01Posted by Bly
16/01/2018 14:34Posted by Siegvard
People who embrace the High Fantasy of WoW and all its quirks.

Never surrender to the GoT wannabes.
Game of Thrones is high fantasy tho

This. Dragons, ice zombies, blood magic and what have you. And enough of it to win wars!
That leatherworking can now make fist weapons. That fist weapons drop from bosses. Muh [Fist of the Diety].
Flynn Fairwind is probably one of my favorite characters in Kul Tiras. To be honest: When he first appeared in the beta I thought that he would become some rather cliche-rogue-type of character. He still has some light shades of it, but his ridiculously good voice acting (really it's absolutely fantastic, you can really hear that the voice actor really knew how to bring the character to life) and the fact that, whenever you quest with him you're in for an adventure and lots of fun, easily makes him one of the best characters introduced in BfA.
It's been a while since I've gotten invested enough into a character, to get it past vanilla content.
I've been able to enjoy some of each expansion up to (currently at) Draenor, and have comfortably skipped the parts I didn't like.
That the flight master's whistle has carried over from legion to BFA.

I am happy I can use it to get to the nearest bfa flight point
Generally the over-all voice acting in BfA. Talanji so far is my favourite, when she's taking you towards the Great Seal. Her dialogue is like - "and the Zanchuli Council", but her voice actress adds on this like, insuffered the RHHH ZANCHULI COUNCIL.

I love it!
Trolling Defias Brotherhood gankers with X'anshi.

You don't actually die after Spirit of Redemption with it on, but none of them have had the brains to realise that yet. Amount of honor given to DB dummies: 0

Gods I am going to miss it after 115.
17/08/2018 21:40Posted by Rivelia
Flynn Fairwind
Flynn Fairwind is probably one of my favorite characters in Kul Tiras. To be honest: When he first appeared in the beta I thought that he would become some rather cliche-rogue-type of character. He still has some light shades of it, but his ridiculously good voice acting (really it's absolutely fantastic, you can really hear that the voice actor really knew how to bring the character to life) and the fact that, whenever you quest with him you're in for an adventure and lots of fun, easily makes him one of the best characters introduced in BfA.

"Hey, lizard."
That was just the best.
16/01/2018 14:27Posted by Ahake
-Orc and troll females using the uglier, more ferocious face options

No. Cutefase is best fase.
People throwing in a bit of randomness here and there where it makes sense.

For example, Li here is 113 years old, soon 114. Pandaren are noted to have lifespans similar to humans, though the oldest member of the species we know of was Liu Lang at 122. Accordingly, I am rolling 1-(remaining days until she's 122) every day, and when I roll 1 her old age will finally start to become too much. Today I rolled 1-2862.

One of my friends rolls for basically every action their character takes that involves any risk, and accordingly makes something special happen if he rolls 1 or 100.

Rolls are fun and flavourful when not abused and not pushed on others.
The Zandalar Quest Plate set and its recolours. Finally, a skirt/tunic! Plus a Spartan-like helmet.

Flynn Fairwind

"Something touched my leg!"
"Wait wait, no. It was just my other leg. We're good."
19/08/2018 05:00Posted by Lilein
Rolls are fun and flavourful when not abused and not pushed on others.

Whenever I make an Alt, I use a six sided dice to Roll For Faction, Race, Class and Gender (Unless I have on of the categories already in mind.) It really sprucens things up, especially when I don't know what to waste a boost on (Still got that BFA Boost)
That mag'har can be priests. Looking forward to playing an orc trying to balance his new faith with the old like early christian converts.
Bwonsamdi as a spirit healer. As a very sarcastic spirit healer.

All of the Yes.
I never paid too much attention to it when it was announced, but I've found to really really like Warmode. I love the added danger, and how it adds a whole new level of unpredictability to Warcraft. I also see much more of people sticking together and helping each other while questing. Usually when out questing I was like 'oh crap another player, he'll take my nodes/quest items'. Now it's more like 'yay another player, we'll stand a better chance in case of an attack'.

To me it adds stories to be told to guildies and friends, about that one masterful revenge kill on someone that ganked me before, or coming to the rescue of this one Alliance player who got jumped by two stealthers. Or that shaman who dastardly escaped with his waterwalk. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but hey, corpse running builds character.

I also, for the first time in many years, genuinely bubblehearthed. That alone makes it worth it, 10/10. :D
Bwonsamdi- excellent voice acting and characterisation and a really neat nod to the Haitian voudou he's essentially drawn from.

The Loa you interact with- they have character and the whole bargaining with them thing is a solid reference for how Zandalari religion (and darkspear) works, which is nice to see, because for too long the only faith blizzard has fleshed out in any detail is light worship.

Island expeditions- they're fun and face paced and for me capture the necessity and tenacity of gathering azerite well. It's always fun when you spy the others headed your way and you have to improvise.

Just putting the story unfold- this is what I like about new wow expacs. I'm not keeping an eye on my exp, reps or AP because I'm doing stuff because I want to know what happens next and the gains I'm getting in these areas are just happening without focus.

Money- I've never struggled for cash in wow but with every expacs comes an unplanned economy and it's personally nice to make large sums of money very easily because of this (and that players have gold to burn) I think my rogue went from like 5k to around 80k in the first week simply selling crafted blues I made.