Mythic 15 artifact appearance

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
After all its an achievement, right now a 15 will reward you with 960+ weekly item, dont get me wrong I would never invite you in my pug you are 925, why would I? I do not raid mythic anymore, and I consider myself a casual player, if you stay afk in Dalaran and do nothing to improve your gear, dont exept to get good gear/skins. Isnt casual someone who clears normal/heroc? Or I got it wrong? Is it someone who is afk in Dalaran prehaps? A +15 isnt special its easy to do it if you are all 930+. Find a guild/friends and push your own key, I myself push my own key cause Im cba to join random leaders who will flame after a wipe etc.

Edit: If I remember right you have to do a +15 in time to get the achievement and skin? To be honest I dont know... You will have to push your ilvl if you plan to do so, or get someone to boost you if you dont have time or whatever reason to get better gear.
I always wanted to do it because I'm trash for transmog, but honestly the one thing that's stopping me is that I don't know what to expect. What's the comparable difficulty? Could I be fine with ilvl 932ish (got feral and resto)? I'm not a bad player, I just haven't done much mythic+ and I don't know "the tricks" so I'm hesitant to even apply lol.
Why lock something behind something difficult? That seems like a very weird question.
13/01/2018 20:51Posted by Ruineth
I always wanted to do it because I'm trash for transmog, but honestly the one thing that's stopping me is that I don't know what to expect. What's the comparable difficulty? Could I be fine with ilvl 932ish (got feral and resto)? I'm not a bad player, I just haven't done much mythic+ and I don't know "the tricks" so I'm hesitant to even apply lol.

Start on a lower key and test your way up, You will find a limit when it. Isn't comfortable anymore and practice. Mind you a 10 can be horrible with one group and breeze with another.
If you have a key and would like to try add Athlyne #2441. I don't rage and have patience.

Practice is the only way to get better at it.
Yea i was lile you i leveled up my gear to 950 then i joined one group all plls was around 950 and we did it in time , you need more ilvl , use raid finder than do normal and heroics , also collect essences get new legs , enchant your items gem em.

Try to increase your dps with different rotation and talents , once you feel like u can do it you eill do , they dont invite you because they dont think you can do it with 925 ilvl. And 15 is hard
Two months later and OP is still 925 with unupgraded legendaries and no progress on Antorus LFR.

The problem isn't that people are elitist or achievements are too hard to get. The 'problem' for some people apparently is that WoW is an input-output game: you need to put stuff in to get stuff out of it. If you refuse to make any sort of real effort, you won't achieve much and quite frankly, that's how it SHOULD work.
08/03/2018 12:45Posted by Olyvaria
The problem isn't that people are elitist or achievements are too hard to get. The 'problem' for some people apparently is that WoW is an input-output game: you need to put stuff in to get stuff out of it. If you refuse to make any sort of real effort, you won't achieve much and quite frankly, that's how it SHOULD work.

For many people, it is not about putting in the effort, and it's not that they are lazy.

The problem is that M+15 and raiding beyond LFR require social interaction, which to many people is intimidating and awkward, so they shy away from it. They don't want to join voice chats with strangers and they don't want to embarrass themselves, which you are bound to do if you are unfamiliar with content (watching videos is not the same as experiencing it), especially this late in the expansion. Expectations are high in terms of experience and gear.

They do content that can be done solo or that is handled through an automated matchmaking system that does not require "applying" for things (and possibly getting rejected, which is another experience plenty of people are not looking for) and avoid situations that may be too much like the the situations and type of people they are trying to get away from by playing a game like this. Look at the attitude and the toxicity of just some of the posters in this very thread. It's not inviting. It's the *very* type of thing that makes interacting with other players so unpleasant.

OP seems to have stopped playing. I can't help but wonder if the stress and pressure over this contributed to it.
@Murr

While you are probably right in a lot of the things you mentioned in your post, i personally think it's important that wow has a lot of stuff in it that requires you to reach out of your comfort zone to get a hold on.

Whether it's difficul because of gameplay, or because of sosial interactions. I think we all need to have something difficult to reach for. It is what gives us that little rush in the end, and keeps us coming back. Just my two cents though.
M+ very much varies on what the affixes are that week. What role the person plays that they are trying to get the +15 on time appearance on.

I've helped some friends unlock their appearance. Most people don't want low geared, inexperienced people in their groups. Addons like the raider io one mean you can see what rating the person has and if they are on an alt, what their main's rating is.

There is nothing to stop people pushing their own keys. But not everyone is aware of the mechanics involved, or what they should/should not be doing. People can be very ragey in groups as well and leave after the slightest bit of trouble. Effectively sabotaging the key.
I agree with both of you to a certain extent but 'reaching out of your comfort zone' is often met with a verbal slap down. Of course this is the 'net 2018 and everyone should live with it or expect it or even embrace it - however, how some players are treated by others is just bloody awful and yet, outside in the real world, us 'maladroits' don't experience the same kind of venom - or rarely.
I don't raid or do dungeons because I don't want someone who hides behind their teflon monitor to crawl up my bahookie and inform me that I should 'get cancer' or 'die' or whatever the insult of the month might be. My guild understand my reluctance and that's good enough for me.
08/03/2018 13:45Posted by ßãßçä
While you are probably right in a lot of the things you mentioned in your post, i personally think it's important that wow has a lot of stuff in it that requires you to reach out of your comfort zone to get a hold on.

I don't disagree with this. I think WoW can be a great training ground for people who may have mild or more acute forms of social anxiety, or who can't easily get over inhibition or intimidating (social) situations.

I just disagree with so many people saying that it's all about others being lazy or not wanting to put in the effort. I'm convinced that this doesn't apply to the majority of folks who'd like to do something more than random heroics or LFR, but don't.
as a casual player myself, wanting to do M+15 dungeon one day i figured.
there are 3 options.
and its going to cost me either way.
a) buy the "curve" achievement boost, so i can join raids that reward gear suitable for doing M+15. price: unknown
b) buy overpriced high level gear from AH. price: too much
c) buy the M+15 boost directly. price: about 300000g or whatever the current wow token price is
08/03/2018 14:07Posted by Pivke
there are 3 options.
You don't need better gear than yours for a 15. It'll make it easier and you'll be more competitive in the premade finder, sure.

You might want to aim to push for it in two weeks, when we'll have Sanguine/Volcanic/Fortified, which is considered one of the easiest if not the easiest combo. Even this week could be pretty mild on the healer if your group is good at sniping bombs.
You can buy a boost for as low as 100 000 gold if you don't want to climb the MM+ ladder.
13/01/2018 16:04Posted by Dinoza
Isnt casual someone who clears normal/heroc?

That is nowhere near being casual. Heck casual in gaming terms means you practically don't even do instanced content. That's casual.
When you even consider raiding as such of any form...casual is off the table instantly without a question. And thus getting ilvl 930...ye, it's obvious. 940, only if you are terribly lucky on forges and legendaries.

But on topic, i do sympathize to the OP, to an extent. For such players +15 isn't just hard, it's nearly impossible, not to mention that a slightest mistake will kill you, with only time it will not, is if you overgear it. Been there, seen that.
Im aware there are people who do +25 keys and succeed, but those are absolute hardcore players. Even a 15 key requires a perfect performance for an aforementioned ''casual'' player.

Undoubtably, there will be people disagreeing with this, but difficulty is subjective and entirely dependent one individual player. What might be average for one, is unreal for another.
12/01/2018 12:53Posted by Thumper
12/01/2018 12:45Posted by Nightstälker
... That is why you play with friends or guildies.

I dont have any friends or guildies :(

my holy priest main is at 931 and can do normal mythics easily, but cant get any further as my ilvl's still too low for most

catch 22 for the friendless

I have been working on m+ with this toon I have got as far as +11 with my own keys, your ilvl is not to low just keep going with it
08/03/2018 14:07Posted by Pivke
there are 3 options.
a) buy the "curve" achievement boost, so i can join raids that reward gear suitable for doing M+15. price: unknown
b) buy overpriced high level gear from AH. price: too much
c) buy the M+15 boost directly. price: about 300000g or whatever the current wow token price is

d) Steadily improve your gear and push higher and higher keys week after week, learning to overcome particular dungeon encounters and affixes. You know, basically playing the videogame instead of going 'omg I just started the race but I want to be at the finish line RIGHT NOW why can't I be there instantly with no effort Blizz please fix'.

I still don't get what the issue is. People want to have all the benefits of doing endgame instanced content instantly but not do any instanced content? How does that make any sense?

This is a sandbox game, you can do whatever content you like. You want to play casually and just chill and fish all day? Sure, go ahead, you'll get fishing achievements and the legendary rod and stuff. You want to progress on raids? Sure, go ahead, you'll get more and better gear every week so you can progress further and further. You want to go serious about pet battles and pet collecting? No problem, go to town, you'll get loads of pet-related rewards. You want to push Mythic+ keys? Great, we'll set you up with a bunch of achievements and a weekly gear cache so you can improve your gear week by week and push harder content.

Pick what you like to do and do it. How come people are butthurt about not getting rewarded for specific content they DO NOT do because they choose to do other stuff... That's simply beyond me.
You dont really instantly do a +15
You climb, get gear and eventually +15 will come for you too op.
Thats pretty much what everyone did.
I'm honoured to be called an elite by your definition! xD
08/03/2018 13:20Posted by Murr
The problem is that M+15 and raiding beyond LFR require social interaction, which to many people is intimidating and awkward, so they shy away from it. They don't want to join voice chats with strangers and they don't want to embarrass themselves, which you are bound to do if you are unfamiliar with content (watching videos is not the same as experiencing it), especially this late in the expansion. Expectations are high in terms of experience and gear.

Mabye a mmorpg isn't the game for those people then the whole concept of a mmorpg is about social interaction.