Return to RP

Argent Dawn
Hey,
Im back to wow after quite a long break and I'm looking for a guild or just to make some connections and places outside of SW to RP

Thanks
That's the broad and short version.

What sort of rp are you after? What sort of guild? How much prior experience do you have? Because technically Goldshire is a place outside of Stormwind to roleplay.
12/01/2018 00:31Posted by Destroyer
That's the broad and short version.

What sort of rp are you after? What sort of guild? How much prior experience do you have? Because technically Goldshire is a place outside of Stormwind to roleplay.

Yeah Shouldve been more specific, I roleplayed for about 2 years prior to my leave, and for type of RP and guild? I'm not certain yet i'm looking around to see what appeals. I'd rather stay very very very far outside of GS
There's plenty of guilds out there to fit any itch you have, and them some to itch any itches you may have (for example, if you want military RP, there's:

Footman: What it says on the tin, as simple as it comes alliance soldier/footman roleplay. I was a former member some time back and I have nothing but praise for the officer team here. (Forum Thread: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617182578?page=4)

Stormwind Infantry: These guys appear to just have came back from their winter break. As far as I know, they're similar to Footman. SWI had a brief stint as a parachute regiment, but I think they've returned to being bog-standard boot-sloggers now. (Forum Thread: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617634160 )

The Wardogs: Formerly the rangers, these are now temporarily on-the-run partisans comprised of men and women from the alliance, mostly former ranger-members with the charge of desertion and disobeying orders. I know a few of these chaps personally, and they really are an absolute wonder to work with. We can't wait for them to get back on the right side of the law so that we can continue to embarass them in the usual, alcohol-consuming ways. (Forum Thread: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617683924)

Tirasian Marine: This is us lot. We're playing a platoon of marines aboard the Thunderchild. We're currently down in Pandaria on an RPPvE campaign until monday, at which point we'll have a few days or so in Stormwind. We're naval infantry, and we're hopeful to have plenty of inter-guild interactions. You can find more info on our thread, or ask a question here and I'll be sure to answer. (Forum Thread: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617683924)

As for other, non military focused guilds, I'm not too sure - if you couldn't tell, military is my particular interest!
Having interacted with most of the guilds listed in Carlyle's post, I can safely vouch that each pull off military RP with great detail, while bringing their respective flavours in with style.

If you're looking for something a little more on the adventurous/sellsword side of things, or would like to explore the path of gathering, crafting and mercantile RP with a focus on interacting with other guilds, I'll shamelessly promote myself.

Our events consist of bounties either handed to us by NPCs (Often portrayed by the officer cadre) and other characters, with a strong focus on self-sufficiency as a unit and campfire RP in our downtimes.

If you want some more in-depth info, here's our guild thread;
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616967054
Any further questions just contact me in any of the ways listed on that.

Good luck in your search!
As above.

Thanks for the mention, Carlyle! As Alvarin said, can vouch for all of the above.

If your soul lies with the seas (more specificaly, that of the piratical nature), I can heartily recommend The Dreadnaught. You'll not find them on the forums, but they can be found on Argent Archives. The officers there create amazingly atmospheric, immersive and interactive events.

If you feel like becoming a bit of a Harrison Jones-esque character, and enjoy the odd bit of archaeology, Silver Archaeology Company is the place to be.

Horde-side, if you have the toons, there's The Rotgarde - which are an Undead-centric bunch.

Sun Hawks, if you fancy a bit of aerial combat.

Uhhhh. That's my expertise on guilds spent. Good luck with your search!
12/01/2018 02:20Posted by Alvarin
Having interacted with most of the guilds listed in Carlyle's post, I can safely vouch that each pull off military RP with great detail, while bringing their respective flavours in with style.

If you're looking for something a little more on the adventurous/sellsword side of things, or would like to explore the path of gathering, crafting and mercantile RP with a focus on interacting with other guilds, I'll shamelessly promote myself.

Our events consist of bounties either handed to us by NPCs (Often portrayed by the officer cadre) and other characters, with a strong focus on self-sufficiency as a unit and campfire RP in our downtimes.

If you want some more in-depth info, here's our guild thread;
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616967054
Any further questions just contact me in any of the ways listed on that.

Good luck in your search!

This actually sounds like an amazing concept and I'm most certainly interested
12/01/2018 02:50Posted by Corneleous
As above.

Thanks for the mention, Carlyle! As Alvarin said, can vouch for all of the above.

If your soul lies with the seas (more specificaly, that of the piratical nature), I can heartily recommend The Dreadnaught. You'll not find them on the forums, but they can be found on Argent Archives. The officers there create amazingly atmospheric, immersive and interactive events.

If you feel like becoming a bit of a Harrison Jones-esque character, and enjoy the odd bit of archaeology, Silver Archaeology Company is the place to be.

Horde-side, if you have the toons, there's The Rotgarde - which are an Undead-centric bunch.

Sun Hawks, if you fancy a bit of aerial combat.

Uhhhh. That's my expertise on guilds spent. Good luck with your search!

I'm actually doing my degree in Archaeology!
It seems you're very interested in Alvarin's Journeyman concept but just to add my own push onto the listed guilds:

Footman : The absolute pinnacle of 'tincan' Roleplay. They portray the standard Alliance soldiers the absolute best I've ever seen.

SWI: Also a solid and easy second on the 'tincan' Roleplay scene. They tend to have more roles on the fringe of plate wearing plod too so they're a solid, if not broader experience to Footman.

Tirassian Marine: I've not seen them RP but I have seen their ethos and it is the right kind of ethos for a military guild. They absolutely want to do it right and they certainly seem to be pulling it off.

Journeyman: I've not seen their RP either but Alvarin certainly comes across as one of the top GMs you're going to find on Argent Dawn, I'm sure his guild is run brilliantly.

Dreadnought: These guys (Especially some of their leadership team) are THE best atmospheric roleplayers on the server. I have deployed with them several times back when they were in the Navy and not pirates and they truly make you feel like you're aboard a ship.

Sunhawks: Again, these guys are top of a field that currently has no competition but even if every guild on AD decided it was suddenly an 'aerial combat' guild, the Sunhawks would still dominate. The culture and traditions emphasis they place on being a 'flier' will suck you in. They are also a fantastic bunch of people OOC.

Rotgarde: I have less experience with Rotgarde than I really should have seeing as how they're as ancient as their IC corpses. They have been on the server longer than I have and they've never wavered. If you want reliably steady Forsaken RP, they're definitely not going anywhere.

Also a big thank you to Carlyle for plugging The Wardogs. Much love mate!

I hope you find a home soon Hiorleif.
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615603782?page=1

Have look at Alliance side guilds. There is entire list of it.