Legion Epilogue H/A Cinematics - 7.3.5 SPOILERS

Story
17/01/2018 11:01Posted by Kraugerys
And whats wrong with homogeneous human plot?

Nothing nothing of course. Keep going. Every player in the alliance love it, from the most humble dwarf player to the most fanatic nigth elf one.
It's way richer to show a faction of races as "Humans and their sidekicks" than a "multicultural alliance with different views and traditions".
17/01/2018 08:52Posted by Sariku
And they have personalities.
Very good, cinematic aye.

I think it has been confirmed that Christie Golden wrote the text for the cinematics.

Just one thing irks me. Why are they all celebrating so casually when there's a giant sword stuck in the world and can be seen from Orgrimmar, while corrupting everything?
The racial leaders of the Alliance are probably just giving their own speeches in their own cities instead of having a closed off dinner with a psychotic warchief.
17/01/2018 10:49Posted by Zarao
Multicultural approach for the Horde, and blatant homogeneous human plot for the Alliance.

I don't have much of a problem with this to be honest. Nearly the entire Alliance has the same moral compass, the same principles with minimal differences. They're all heroic, they're all righteous etc.

17/01/2018 11:30Posted by Thunderbraid
The racial leaders of the Alliance are probably just giving their own speeches in their own cities instead of having a closed off dinner with a psychotic warchief.

This as well. Why should someone like Tyrande be in Stormwind?

Not to mention that if Blizzard made two cinematics for the Alliance, one showing Tyrande, the other showing Anduin, the amount of salty tears from Horde players would drown the forum...again.
17/01/2018 11:31Posted by Avaressa
Not to mention that if Blizzard made two cinematics for the Alliance, one showing Tyrande, the other showing Anduin, the amount of salty tears from Horde players would drown the forum...again.

The Alliance cutscene should really just have cut to the other Alliance race leaders during the speech to show that they were all giving a speech, instead of focusing much on a proud, smiling greymane.

Then continue as normal.

Kinda how they do it in movies when bigger speeches are given by several huge personalities at the same time.
I don't have much of a problem with this to be honest. Nearly the entire Alliance has the same moral compass, the same principles with minimal differences. They're all heroic, they're all righteous etc.

As a night elf and worgen player, it irks me having the cultural, moral and militar stand, being defined by whatever Stormwind sees fit.

Genn is Anduins equal and both are kings from different human kingdoms.
I cringe every time he addresses him as “My King...”.
Same with the way Night elves addressed Varian in Pandaria and Cataclysm.

And I dread the day they introduce the Lightforged story with Turalyon being still such a prominent figure within their ranks.

This cinematic, seems to herald yet another human plot about Anduin, Genn, and afterwards...Jaina.
17/01/2018 11:43Posted by Savotar
The Alliance cutscene should really just have cut to the other Alliance race leaders

Probably. But, that's not really a problem. Velen already had a moment of glory, so for the draenei at least it's not that bad.

17/01/2018 11:46Posted by Zarao
Genn is Anduins equal and both are kings from different human kingdoms.

How is a king without a country equal to someone who rules over the most powerful human nation of the world?

I mean sure: In theory he holds the same rank as Anduin, in practice however he is basically a glorified refugee.

17/01/2018 11:46Posted by Zarao
with Turalyon being still such a prominent figure within their ranks.

It seems however he is getting sidelined. The intro cinematic for the Lightforged is spoken by Fareeya, and Turalyon doesn't even appear in the cinematic...and even before that in the recruitment scenario he doesn't talk that much.
I enjoyed both cinematics, as I thought that they played well to the respective thematics of both factions.

The Horde one has more characters representative of its constituent races. There are more big-name personalities present. But it feels like a war council. There is both mutual respect present on the surface but also a lot of inner tension and political maneuvering. Saurfang and Baine strongly representing Thrall's Horde. They are one side of the table. Sylvanas and Nathanos are on another. And Gallywix moves to Sylvanas's side. Lor'themar and Liadrin are silent, but stuck between the two sides. But Liadrin and Lor'themare are also turned (almost intimately) towards each other.

The Alliance one, however, is focused on its civilian population.The Alliance cinematic is humancentric, but I do not find this problematic. Presumably the other racial leaders are doing their own thing for their own people, much like Anduin is doing for his. The Alliance is not a war Horde; it is an alliance of nation-states. But the Alliance-cinematic shows that the Alliance has a more civilian-focus. It's about the preservation of its people who are the lifeblood of each nation. There is a lovely moment with Genn letting a subtle smile slip when watching Anduin speak, almost beaming with pride, looking at Anduin almost as the son he lost. Genn has clearly settled into a war-adviser role for both Varian and now Anduin. Which we saw in the BfA trailer as well. I'm hoping, however, that Genn does not forget that he has a wife and daughter.

But we also see similar but different reactions to the azurite. Sylvanas seems to sense its power, but her face is filled with avarice and ambition. Anduin likewise seems to sense its power, but is filled with fear and trepidation.
I like that Liadrin is wearing a blood knight tabard. Maybe she is not a completly lost cause after all.
I also assume that Bwemba is now cononicly the leader of the Dark Spear tribe? Thats cool.

Also, who is the other orc besides Varok? He looks like a blackrock.
And is the second tauren Hamuul?
yeah the alliance one is, underwhelming to say the least, the lack of the other race leaders shows.

Now onto the horde cinematic, dear lord this was good, The major horde characters, not just the leaders are present ,though some dont do much the fact they are present says alot. We see up front baine, Surfang and galixs new models, the actions of the characters says alot, everyone bar the forsaken cheering for the horde, even the positions of the characters says alot. Note how closest to her are the elves and forsaken while orks and tauren are far away, there is just so much to this cinematic that yes it out shines the far more dull and generic alliance one.
17/01/2018 12:20Posted by Zhaarija
Eitrigg most likely.
17/01/2018 12:31Posted by Beher
17/01/2018 12:20Posted by Zhaarija
Eitrigg most likely.

Shouldn't Eitrig be older? Like much older? That orc looked to me to be on the young side.
I don't know about you people ... but I really don't consider this two scenarios decent enough to put time and resources to develop a cinematic out of it. I mean cinematics are always great but it could have been created for better and more epic moments. On the other hand, the scenarios were just conversations and not much actions. So it really didn't take much time to create compare to others and blizz was fine with it.
17/01/2018 12:44Posted by Zhaarija
Shouldn't Eitrig be older? Like much older? That orc looked to me to be on the young side.
Dunno man... but it looks like its him. Specially since you mention its like a blackrock orc... he is after all from blackrock clan.
His hair is greying and whitening. He looks far from young.
17/01/2018 12:31Posted by Beher
... Eitrigg most likely.

It is Eitrigg, I've had him running around with me long enough to recognise my (former) bodyguard by now.
Lol. People who after this think Sylvanas is not evil are delusional. She will burn down Teldrassil. And she will start a war.
And no she will not do it, because some hidden corruption. She will do it, because she is power hungry villain.
17/01/2018 13:56Posted by Barnold
Lol. People who after this think Sylvanas is not evil are delusional. She will burn down Teldrassil. And she will start a war.
And no she will not do it, because some hidden corruption. She will do it, because she is power hungry villain.

villain might be pushing it, but power hungry sure.
And no one really doubts that Sylvans is -evil-
We'd doubt / hope that Blizzard won't butcher more Horde leaders for the sake of glorification of Alliance wc2 hype.
The Horde needs to have questionable characters like her to stay interesting.

They're all heroic, they're all righteous

Did you know in stories often those whom, speak of justice or claims to be righteous often ends up evil, because they become too fanatic with Justice?
To be righteous.

17/01/2018 13:56Posted by Barnold
She will burn down Teldrassil.

It would be more interesting yes, if the Horde just stomped out the night elves rather than some dark presence being behind it.

I Also get the feeling that Anduin is very sensitive to Azerite.
There is a whisper sound passing through, when Anduin gets in touch with it.
Also clearly the war is started by him, since it is his people attacking Horde doing a simply mining Operation.
Man Alliance got shafted actually but you got the whole of Legion so it's alright. Fortunatly Sylvanas seems to actually stay as her character has always been, evil and we'll probably kill her soon enough and put Baine on the warchiefs mantel. Gallywix I actually liked he keeps to his character and good to see him do something for once.
17/01/2018 06:33Posted by Isuck
Horde: let's show the various leaders personalities and relations

Alliance: put here some humans and heroic stuff and call it a day

I mean, we would have complained if it was a mirrored cinematic right? I like the fact that different things were going on in both cinematics, it was a nice juxtaposition.

The Alliance was out in the open, with a more focus on the people, whereas the Horde's one was walled off, cloistered and had a lot more focus on the leaders.

However, I am not sure if it was just me that got some ominous feel about Sylv and Gallywix. Like it feels they are setting them up for a sort of more darker role in the plot, maybe that's just me that got that vibe. Especially due to Saurfang's line "What is the rat up to?" gave me a real Theodin and Wormtongue feeling for me, Gallywix being the sparrow in her ear. Would be interested to see what everyone else thought but I reckon the Horde had a lot more story significance than the Alliance one.