Battle for Azeroth spoliers

Story
26/01/2018 14:54Posted by Beher
26/01/2018 14:48Posted by Däkär
retreats.
Gilneas, refugees, King without kingdom.

There is nothing wrong in falling back, destroying the land, returning to win the war. Heck, russians keep using that strategy for centuries. They still alive and kicking, stronger then ever.

As they would say so profoundly "idi nahui".

Sylvanas and her bunch never won any war so far, all they do is pollute and run away parts.
Speaking about Russian it always was colossus on clay legs that been able to win through sheer numbers.
26/01/2018 07:16Posted by Veristeras
Blizzard said that Vol'jin had to die to mirror Alliance losing Varian, so now that Alliance lost Darnassus forever, it only makes sense that the Horde will lose the Undercity forever.

Don't be so sure, I have a good feeling this might be temporary.
Because there is only one other option for undead beings, they cannot live beside the mortal races for a reason.

So where do every lost undead go when there is no place for them anymore? Well, Northrend of course, more specificly Icecrown.
I think Bolvar will try and bring them back into his fold, and Sylvanas would need to reclaim it before she looses both her people and the war...

I'm pretty confident that when Genn Greymane or Mathias Shaw is later exposed as either a Twilight cultist or outright traitor, seeing how the burning of Teldrassil was orchestrated in such a way that only the Twilight's Hammer could accomplish, since they use their sleeping cells, or just kidnap and torture some relative to a night elf to gain access and blow up the Tree, of course using Horde ships to frame the Horde for the deed, inciting a full blown war.

And If Anduin is so stupid to go to war now, he ain't much of a King. He if anyone knows very well about the Wound and how it needs to be healed before this world ends.
But that's fine, since, you see, the undead race will be the real victors here, no one else can survive complete if the World Soul dies, or maybe they could but it would still be a giant loss since it's the last titan.
26/01/2018 14:24Posted by Gluin
We've been at war with the Zandalari since MoP, us capturing their leaders is actually quite a feat. Them being released would probably finally grant peace between Alliance/Horde and them but now the Horde rescued them and brought them to their side, only for them to start some sort of a civil war.

Good job Horde.

Well hadn't they done that, no one would know about a proto-Old God getting free in Zandalar. And it would have been a pretty bad deal if it happened.
So many Alliance butthurted because of the Forsaken. Even when they win! Forsaken are truly the best pain in the !@# for them. I will miss Undercity and Tirisfal Glades, but seeing them so pissed off is a nice compensation.
And just to throw more wood to the fire, remember that even if the Forsaken and the Horde have lost this battle, it seems they haven't used one of its best weapons: the Blight.
Maybe things would have been quite different if used more widely.

26/01/2018 11:11Posted by Avaressa
But, I do wonder: How did the Zandalari trolls end up as prisoners in Stormwind?

Blizzard headquarters: Lore department
"So we need a nice reason for the Zandalari to join the Horde"
"How about using the bond between the Darkspear and the Zandalari, being both trolls and sharing a culture and a religion, as well as the Horde offering to help them in their figth with Zul?"
"Nah, too easy. Let's put the daugther of Rastakan in Stormwind's dungeons for no reason and make the Horde free her."
26/01/2018 15:10Posted by Deathskullk
So many Alliance butthurted because of the Forsaken. Even when they win! Forsaken are truly the best pain in the !@# for them. I will miss Undercity and Tirisfal Glades, but seeing them so pissed off is a nice compensation.
Ahhh well, genocidal maniacs start a war and attack... I'm also fine to loose UC... looking forward to see where we move... seeing war front is in Arathi, alliance retakes Stromgarde, but what happens to Hillsbrad, Silverpine, Tirisfal and WPL remains to be seen.

Heck, don't even think they take UC at all, indicating from these texts they raise the sige and go after Syl.
26/01/2018 14:23Posted by Erah
Because its war what you expect him to do?

Well, with the amount of times we get told how honourable and just the Orcs, Trolls, Tauren and Horde in general are, you'd think they wouldn't attack someone in the back, because that lacks honour.

26/01/2018 14:39Posted by Beher
True, usually in battle situation you write a formal letter to the one you are aiming for and inform them through proper channels, all documented and signed, that you are about to shoot them.

Oke, fair enough you made me laugh and I might've been a tad bit to defensive about Genn Greymane.

There is nothing wrong in falling back, destroying the land, returning to win the war

Agreed, it is a valid military tactic that keeps (vital) resources and infrastructure out of the hands of your enemies.

russians keep using that strategy for centuries. They still alive and kicking, stronger then ever.

I wouldn't call them "stronger then ever", but they are still around yes.

26/01/2018 15:08Posted by Ernstx
But that's fine, since, you see, the undead race will be the real victors here, no one else can survive complete if the World Soul dies, or maybe they could but it would still be a giant loss since it's the last titan.

Draenor did not posses a World Soul and was (is) habitable, hell even the shattered broken remains of it (Outlands) are still habitable, same with Argus and the Void Elves planet is sort-of habitable too.

So yes, mortals can survive perfectly fine without a World Soul, or a dead one.

So where do every lost undead go when there is no place for them anymore? Well, Northrend of course, more specificly Icecrown.
I think Bolvar will try and bring them back into his fold, and Sylvanas would need to reclaim it before she looses both her people and the war...

I think it would be awesome of Bolvar would become a leader of the Forsaken, OR if Sylvanas would forcibly claim the Crown of the Damned and become the new leader of -all- Undead and recruit the Cult of the Damned and what Scourge she can control into her Forsaken Empire.

But I fear that would unbalance the factions too much as the Scourge was (is?) basicly a faction on the level of the New Horde and Grand Alliance.

I'm pretty confident that when Genn Greymane or Mathias Shaw is later exposed as either a Twilight cultist or outright traitor

Please no more, we already lost many high-ranking members of the Church to the Cult...

seeing how the burning of Teldrassil was orchestrated in such a way that only the Twilight's Hammer could accomplish, since they use their sleeping cells, or just kidnap and torture some relative to a night elf to gain access and blow up the Tree, of course using Horde ships to frame the Horde for the deed, inciting a full blown war.

Or, bear with me here, the Horde actually burns down Teldrassil! SHocking, I know.

26/01/2018 15:08Posted by Isuck
Well hadn't they done that, no one would know about a proto-Old God getting free in Zandalar. And it would have been a pretty bad deal if it happened.

Is it a proto-Old God? I was under the assumption it was a true Old God?

So many Alliance butthurted because of the Forsaken.

I honestly don't see that much butt hurt in this thread?

Forsaken are truly the best pain in the !@# for them.

Agreed, Forsaken VS Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes and Night Elves VS Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Goblins should've been the focus from Vanilla, instead of the Orcs VS Humans, while an entire sea seperates them and they have local enemies.

I will miss Undercity and Tirisfal Glades, but seeing them so pissed off is a nice compensation.

I do wonder what the Forsaken's new home will be.

I don't hope they will squat in the Orgrimmar slums.

And just to throw more wood to the fire, remember that even if the Forsaken and the Horde have lost this battle, it seems they haven't used one of its best weapons: the Blight.

26/01/2018 15:28Posted by Beher
Heck, don't even think they take UC at all, indicating from these texts they raise the sige and go after Syl.

Uhm, the way I read it they actually did use the Blight, hence why the Alliance had to evacuate the Capital City and break the Siege, they could not stay there, but neither could the Horde.

Blizzard headquarters: Lore department
"So we need a nice reason for the Zandalari to join the Horde"
"How about using the bond between the Darkspear and the Zandalari, being both trolls and sharing a culture and a religion, as well as the Horde offering to help them in their figth with Zul?"
"Nah, too easy. Let's put the daugther of Rastakan in Stormwind's dungeons for no reason and make the Horde free her."

Yes, that made absolutely no sense, at all.

Ahhh well, genocidal maniacs start a war and attack... I'm also fine to loose UC... looking forward to see where we move... seeing war front is in Arathi, alliance retakes Stromgarde, but what happens to Hillsbrad, Silverpine, Tirisfal and WPL remains to be seen.

I am still anoyed the Horde is apparently going to construct an entire new (orcish-style ofcourse) base instead of using Durnholde Keep or Hammerfall (upgraded ofcourse).
Classic Sylvanas, zero competence so she just blights the place and runs.

This is a sad day for the Horde, because this disgrace still leads us, somehow.
The Stormwind Extraction

Step 01: In the Dead of Night (New) - Infiltrate Stormwind City.
Step 02: Down the Drain (New) - Open the sewer access gate.
Step 03: The Stockades (New) - Infiltrate the Stockades.
Step 04: Honor and Loyalty (New) - Release High Overlord Saurfang.
Step 05: The Primary Objective (New) - Release the prisoners and escape the
Stockades.
Step 06: The Stormwind City Shuffle (New) - Escape Stormwind City
undetected.
Step 07: WAY Behind Enemy Lines (New) - Escape the Cathedral district.
Step 08: The Harbor Run (New) - Reach Talanji's ship in Stormwind Harbor.
Step 09: Well, Ship (New) - Slay Admiral Lockheart.

Welcome, my new friends, to Zuldazar, Jewel of the Zandalari Empire. She wishes to prove herself, and could use some help. My council advises caution, but my daughter seeks action. Dis amuses me, and I would see what she has planned. My daughter tells me you be da ones who rescued her and Zul from da dungeons of Stormwind.

So.... Talanji was with Zul and the Horde saves them both? What is going on with the Zandalari? I'm hyped! This will be interesting!

Also the Old God influence in BfA is very clear to see.

I'd read it again. There are people actually typing as if they -were- members of the Alliance. I mean gawds, I play on an RP Realm, I do LARP as a hobby, you -always- learn to distinguish yourself, from your character...I mean...you are -Not- your character!

Ironically, the RP'ers can make the distinction, not everyone it seems can.

This is not a new thing to the Story forums, I have to say.
26/01/2018 16:07Posted by Qulzan
So.... Talanji was with Zul and the Horde saves them both?

Maybe the Princess acoompanied Prophet Zul as the King's envoy when he went in search for a new land for them, in case Zandalar did really sink?

26/01/2018 16:07Posted by Qulzan
What is going on with the Zandalari?

Politics and powerplay, probably.

26/01/2018 16:33Posted by Brigante
There are people actually typing as if they -were- members of the Alliance.

To be fair, that's been a consistent problem that both faction's roleplayers have and we all share to a small degree, even I sometimes respond as if I really where a member of the Horde/Alliance. (which I obviously am not).

I guess it's called immersion?

I mean gawds, I play on an RP Realm, I do LARP as a hobby,

Haha, nerd <3
Maybe the Princess acoompanied Prophet Zul as the King's envoy when he went in search for a new land for them, in case Zandalar did really sink?

Maybe... but this let's MoP really look strange, or how everything is happening. I'm very interested to see what will happen.

Politics and powerplay, probably.

This for sure yes. Most likely a move from Zul.
26/01/2018 16:07Posted by Gaelphedias
Classic Sylvanas, zero competence so she just blights the place and runs.

This is a sad day for the Horde, because this disgrace still leads us, somehow.
What could she have done? She is more competent in battle than for example Lor'themar, that is for sure.
She knows when it's time to retreat, but she knows well when it's time to attack to, you saw how the Gilneans had to run to their daddy back in Stormwind.

Yes, I think that they will most likely fall back to Silvermoon, unleast they, if they even can that? Or they take ships to Orgrimmar, since they said that during the expansion atleast, Kaldimor is going to be Horde only and same for Alliance with EK only.

That is why we will be fighting at the sea, get it?
26/01/2018 11:50Posted by Koshayam
Yes, but the right man in the wrong place can make all the diffference in the World ... of Warcraft.

I understood that reference!

26/01/2018 14:39Posted by Beher
"Greetings fellow enemy,

I, the guy standing behind you aiming for your skull, would like to formally inform you and ask kindly to turn around so I can shoot you in your face with honor.

Thanks in advance,

Yours truly, the guy who is about to kill you."

*laughs*
Thanks for that :'D

26/01/2018 16:00Posted by Veshj
I am still anoyed the Horde is apparently going to construct an entire new (orcish-style ofcourse) base

*groans* Ugh, not more orcish "architecture", it's in EK, it should be elven or Forsaken base!

I'd read it again. There are people actually typing as if they -were- members of the Alliance. I mean gawds, I play on an RP Realm, I do LARP as a hobby, you -always- learn to distinguish yourself, from your character...I mean...you are -Not- your character!

Ironically, the RP'ers can make the distinction, not everyone it seems can.

This is not a new thing to the Story forums, I have to say.

Yeah and it's called reality distinction, which I clearly lack.

Well, which human could ever live there? I mean seriously, the sewers are so toxic that the boy-king would get headaches and cry himself to sleep every night.
It would be horrible.
Seems like Sylvanas does use the Blight, then Jaina shows up to rally the Alliance and they get into the Undercity itself. Abomination Wonderland has to be the Apothecaries quarter.
I do find the Alliance move quite lacking from a militar perspective when it comes to invading a city....

Who thought it was a good idea to trap all their forces inside an underground city, filled with toxic waste and chemical weapons like the Plague? I mean, Anduin is quite literaly new to his commanding position, but Genn should've spoken to him about the risk of entering a place that could turn so easily into a trap.
At least the Horde seems to be OUTSIDE Teldrassil when is being burnt.

From the datamined info, the Alliance suffers heavy casualties when Sylvanas realeases the Plague on their trapped army.

Loved Varok making his 'last stand' while Sylvanas evacuates the rest. Quite fitting.
And liked Anduins new model.

Also, seems like the Zandalari will be introduced thanks to Talanji instead of Rastakhan. Very cool.
26/01/2018 17:36Posted by Zarao
I do find the Alliance move quite lacking from a militar perspective when it comes to invading a city....

Who thought it was a good idea to trap all their forces inside an underground city, filled with toxic waste and chemical weapons like the Plague? I mean, Anduin is quite literaly new to his commanding position, but Genn should've spoken to him about the risk of entering a place that could turn so easily into a trap.
At least the Horde seems to be OUTSIDE Teldrassil when is being burnt.

From the datamined info, the Alliance suffers heavy casualties when Sylvanas realeases the Plague on their trapped army.

Loved Varok making his 'last stand' while Sylvanas evacuates the rest. Quite fitting.
And liked Anduins new model.

Also, seems like the Zandalari will be introduced thanks to Talanji instead of Rastakhan. Very cool.

Notice the order. The Alliance begins breaking the walls -after- the Blight is used hordeside.

I think the Alliance was again moments from winning, Sylvanas used the blight, then Jaina showed up, there's a few scenario phases which have no descriptions, and then you're fighting your way through the undercity.
Saurfang captured?
So much for Lok'tar ogar.