Battle for Azeroth spoliers

Story
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
26/01/2018 17:01Posted by Ernstx
26/01/2018 16:07Posted by Gaelphedias
Classic Sylvanas, zero competence so she just blights the place and runs.

This is a sad day for the Horde, because this disgrace still leads us, somehow.
What could she have done? She is more competent in battle than for example Lor'themar, that is for sure.
She knows when it's time to retreat, but she knows well when it's time to attack to, you saw how the Gilneans had to run to their daddy back in Stormwind.

Comparing her to Lor'themar, good choice. He's been forgotten by the writers and she is completely useless. They're made for each other, both good for nothing.

She can't even defend her own capital. That's twice she's lost to someone attacking her city, three if we're counting what Varimathras did.

The only time she knows to attack is when she's up against severely disadvantaged opponents, like the Gilneans, and even then she can't do it without using the plague and !@#$ing up Azeroth more because she's completely incompetent and cowardly.
I honestly don't see that much butt hurt in this thread?

Ok, maybe not so many. Bu enough to make me smile. The fact that some of them post it with a worgen or night elfs is even funnier.

Uhm, the way I read it they actually did use the Blight, hence why the Alliance had to evacuate the Capital City and break the Siege, they could not stay there, but neither could the Horde.

I meant during/before the siege. It looks like they use it as a last resort to make the city uninhabitable, but not in the previous phases of the battle.

26/01/2018 16:07Posted by Qulzan
So.... Talanji was with Zul and the Horde saves them both? What is going on with the Zandalari? I'm hyped! This will be interesting!

The strange thing for me is (not only the fact they are in Stormwind's dungeon but) the fact they are both together.
I'm sure I read something about Zul being in bad terms with Rastakhan, and also he would be an enemy this expansion. Why are both of them together?

I do wonder what the Forsaken's new home will be.

I don't hope they will squat in the Orgrimmar slums.

From what I read a developer said... It's quite possible. He said, kind of laughing, that forsaken and nelves fans could start forgetting about their races having any development. Maybe he was just joking, but knowing Blizzard...
At least we are going to have a nice chunk of trol lore from the part of the horde, and maybe some tauren involvement with the Barrens warfront.
From the Alliance part, it looks like we are going to see tons of humans, which I'm glad, since they have been left apart too many expansions in favour of dwarfs and gnomes.
Not, really, I hope we see more about the Dark Iron, and I'm looking forward to learn more about the drustvar. That could be, like the Sethrak, a nice allied race,
26/01/2018 17:54Posted by Gaelphedias
She can't even defend her own capital. That's twice she's lost to someone attacking her city, three if we're counting what Varimathras did.
Against the full might of the Alliance? She hasn't got the whole Horde there even, what the hell do you think? They win on numbers, genius.

And why post as Horde when everyone here knows you are alliance? You play a blood elf with blue eyes, just to pretend that they are high elves.

That's like Arthas said once: "They elves are pathetic. No wonder we destroyed their homeland so easily. " - Arthas Menethil
26/01/2018 06:54Posted by Tazeel
-This topic will become a !@#$storm in a few hours.

Most accurate prediction right there.
I have to mention that probably Gaelphedias was ironic regarding previous posts that presented the Forsaken as something unbeatable in Lordaeron. As BFA proved the Alliance could take Lordaeron anytime they wanted despite what Sylvannas might have.

He's also right in saying that Sylvannas is good at running cause literally she does that all the time in the first difficulty.

From what I understand both Teldrassil and Undercity are completely destroyed and uninhabitable. Probably will be healed/cleansed in time. The Cenarion Circle and the Argent Dawn can help clean the Blight on time just like in EPL and WLP and the tree can be restored as it happend with the other World Tree. We shal see.
26/01/2018 17:43Posted by Grorgias
Notice the order. The Alliance begins breaking the walls -after- the Blight is used hordeside.

I think the Alliance was again moments from winning, Sylvanas used the blight, then Jaina showed up, there's a few scenario phases which have no descriptions, and then you're fighting your way through the undercity.

Apparently, in the scenario, as the Horde commanded by Sylvanas retreat from UC, the Horde Player sets off the Blight trap, and unleashes the Plague.
A large part of the Alliance army gets caught in it, suffers major losses, and has to execute a hurried retreat themselves in the scenario section called "The Dying Of The Light".

Not a great move from Anduin, starting off his first major conflict as Alliance Supreme Commander by leading his army into a booby trap and having half of it blighted and turned into goo.
No it does not, because Stormwind has the biggest navy of the Alliance, at the moment, and we do not know if Kul'Tiras (rejoins?) becomes active in the Alliance before or after the battle.

true I started to think of it my self also, thing was at first I thought it would be to hard to get from stormwind to undercity buy sea fast enough, but then I realiced, the Alliance navy was actualy at brokenshore, so from there it would be way faster to get there.
26/01/2018 20:54Posted by Zarao
suffers major losses

Can you explain how you came to this conclusion? There's literally one step in the scenario (and it's not even in the end but at the very beginning) where the plague is even mentioned, and after that the Alliance still seems to storm Undercity anyway.

To me it looks more like a major victory for the Alliance, however with Sylvanas and the remaining Horde gone, and some deadly gas still lingering in the Undercity/Capital City, the Alliance calls for a retreat.

I do wonder though, where the Alliance goes after the siege anyway. I mean you have an entire army in the heart of Lordaeron...you can basically attack in any direction.
26/01/2018 17:43Posted by Grorgias
Notice the order. The Alliance begins breaking the walls -after- the Blight is used hordeside.

I think the Alliance was again moments from winning, Sylvanas used the blight, then Jaina showed up, there's a few scenario phases which have no descriptions, and then you're fighting your way through the undercity.

Apparently, in the scenario, as the Horde commanded by Sylvanas retreat from UC, the Horde Player sets off the Blight trap, and unleashes the Plague.
A large part of the Alliance army gets caught in it, suffers major losses, and has to execute a hurried retreat themselves in the scenario section called "The Dying Of The Light".

Not a great move from Anduin, starting off his first major conflict as Alliance Supreme Commander by leading his army into a booby trap and having half of it blighted and turned into goo.

No it's not. It's halfway through called "The light fades" then Jaina shows up and you go charging right back in apparently fighting a load of abominations.
26/01/2018 21:46Posted by Avaressa
suffers major losses

Can you explain how you came to this conclusion? There's literally one step in the scenario (and it's not even in the end but at the very beginning) where the plague is even mentioned, and after that the Alliance still seems to storm Undercity anyway.

To me it looks more like a major victory for the Alliance, however with Sylvanas and the remaining Horde gone, and some deadly gas still lingering in the Undercity/Capital City, the Alliance calls for a retreat.

I do wonder though, where the Alliance goes after the siege anyway. I mean you have an entire army in the heart of Lordaeron...you can basically attack in any direction.

Secure what we have easily conquered back and defend our breach, we ll clean that blight with the help of the druids now that we secured back a hold.

We follow and don t let them organize back by keeping the conquest and destroy every undead abberration and there allies on sight until our rightfull crusade to take back all the seven kingdoms occupied is finished and our thirst for justice is quenched.

It s a start but it is very plaising. I knew Anduin had a promising fate and it s just his first feat !

Ah the sound of broken bones and the sight of flame burned undead to think they thought their power could rival with us.

Somewhere in the conflict when she was hit Sylvanas and her flock were making gesture they were crying <uurg> :o
26/01/2018 17:52Posted by Aureius
Saurfang captured?
So much for Lok'tar ogar.

Saurfang just spared the Alliance.

Too bad for him, they spared him too and denied him an honorble death.

Not that they would actually pose a challenge, which might be why he is fine with it, as it would not be honorble then.

And then he decides to help the Horde player experiencing a fun prison-break scenario.
26/01/2018 18:13Posted by Deathskullk
It looks like they use it as a last resort to make the city uninhabitable

... and that is a known strategy in times-of-war.

The fact that some of them post it with a worgen or night elfs is even funnier.

What's funny about them posting? It concerns them a tad more than the rest. The Worgen finally come into their own and Sylvanas is their enemy of long-standing.

The Night Elves and the blight of the Forsaken touches an old wound. So, what's funny about it?

From what I read a developer said... It's quite possible. He said, kind of laughing, that forsaken and nelves fans could start forgetting about their races having any development. Maybe he was just joking, but knowing Blizzard...

If so, Blizzard clearly has !@#$%^-s working for them, because playerbase = subs = cash.

26/01/2018 18:38Posted by Ernstx
And why post as Horde when everyone here knows you are alliance? You play a blood elf with blue eyes, just to pretend that they are high elves

What else are players to do, when Blizzard rather conjures dumb Velves out of their rear, instead of making Helves (with a longer lore) playable?
Any news regarding Teldrassil ?
27/01/2018 06:33Posted by Призраклеса

Nope. Not a single line.
26/01/2018 09:57Posted by Gluin
Sounds fair to me to be fair, Capital City is blighted useless but we get the rest of the Lordaeron kingdom and it's resources.

Alliance don't hold Lordaeron, they set up a war front in Gilneas in BFA and Arathi Highlands. They tried to blitzkrieg the capital and it failed, the Horde blighting the capital in response so they couldn't claim it.

Just like the Horde don't really take the Night Elf zones, neither does the Alliance take Lordaeron so far.
27/01/2018 07:03Posted by Tootz
Just like the Horde don't really take the Night Elf zones, neither does the Alliance take Lordaeron so far

It's not exactly true. It's said that Horde dominates Kalimdor, Alliance - Eastern Kingdom.

The Horde still dominates night elven territories - Ashenvale, Felwood, Darkshore are now firm in Horde hands.

But same goes for Lordaeron (continent). The Capital City may be gone, but the lands around are going to be dominated by the Alliance.
26/01/2018 16:50Posted by Qulzan
Maybe... but this let's MoP really look strange, or how everything is happening. I'm very interested to see what will happen.

Not really, imho, we know Prophet Zul and King Rastakhan where at odds, but they where hardly hostile.

The King was most likely sick and tired of his doomsday visions and gave him a fleet and army to:

A) get rid of him so he could continue his policies in peace and rule his people without a panic creating doomsayer around.
B) In case the vision would come true, they would have a back up location if Prophet Zul found one.

Either way he probably send his daughter with the Prophet to keep him in check or control him.

26/01/2018 17:10Posted by Alaerei
*groans* Ugh, not more orcish "architecture", it's in EK, it should be elven or Forsaken base!

Sorry to say but that seems to be the fate of of the non-Orcish/Human races of the New Horde and Grand Alliance, they are forced to squat in (inferior) structures designed after Human/Orcish architecture.

26/01/2018 17:36Posted by Zarao
I do find the Alliance move quite lacking from a militar perspective when it comes to invading a city....

Well, to be fair is there a good way to clear the UnderCity? They can't siege them out with the rest of the Horde on the way (and portals), they can't starve them, flooding the UnderCity would move all the toxic wastes to the surrounding area and they can't nuke it because that would mean nuking the city, which they apparently want to try and capture as intact as possible.

I meant during/before the siege. It looks like they use it as a last resort to make the city uninhabitable, but not in the previous phases of the battle.

Against the full might of the Alliance? She hasn't got the whole Horde there even, what the hell do you think? They win on numbers, genius.

I do wonder what Saurfang is doing there if most, if not all, of the Orcs are still Kalimdor.

And why post as Horde when everyone here knows you are alliance?

To be fair, I favour the Grand Alliance too.

But atleast I roleplay Veshj as a RPG/early TBC Blood Elf.

27/01/2018 08:43Posted by Koshayam
But same goes for Lordaeron (continent). The Capital City may be gone, but the lands around are going to be dominated by the Alliance.

I think Tootz is right, because when Teldrassil is burned down, the Horde can't capture the city or tree because it doesn't exist, that is the reason why the Alliance can't get Capital City.

That said, dominating and outright conquering zones are two entirelly different thing.
27/01/2018 06:36Posted by Tazeel
27/01/2018 06:33Posted by Призраклеса

Nope. Not a single line.

Something like this, they will keep under tight raps until the event. Blizzard knew that we would be speculating like morons on this, so anything remotely that relates to Teldrassil, Tyrande or the Night Elves will be under very tight wraps. Nothing about Teldrassil will be leaked until the actual event occurs.
The strange thing for me is (not only the fact they are in Stormwind's dungeon but) the fact they are both together.
I'm sure I read something about Zul being in bad terms with Rastakhan, and also he would be an enemy this expansion. Why are both of them together?

Agreed 100%. That's also my question. We'll both is interesting. Not really strange tough.
But now there could be much more interesting things. I mean, if everything Zul did in MoP, Rasthakn knew about, the Horde should be sceptical about the Zandalari. Especially the Blood Elves, because of the Amani. Well an the Pandaren.

Not really, imho, we know Prophet Zul and King Rastakhan where at odds, but they where hardly hostile.

The King was most likely sick and tired of his doomsday visions and gave him a fleet and army to:

A) get rid of him so he could continue his policies in peace and rule his people without a panic creating doomsayer around.
B) In case the vision would come true, they would have a back up location if Prophet Zul found one.

Either way he probably send his daughter with the Prophet to keep him in check or control him.

I agree. But I have a backstory here. Some Troll players argued in the past, about this against me. They liked to ignore every logic and how it was said in Cata, King Rastakhan called the tribes together. They said, MoP was a retcon and Zul did everything on his own.
Well no matter how it really was, now we see he is still on Rastakhan's council. So everything during MoP should have some effects. Again, especially Zuls help for the Amani. But this won't be addressed. Especially not after Zuls revolt.

It saddens me how they take away all those crudges and put everything into a faction. But I'm still hyped. want to see everything unvolde and to play a Zandalari (and.... give us Forest Trolls).

Sorry to say but that seems to be the fate of of the non-Orcish/Human races of the New Horde and Grand Alliance, they are forced to squat in (inferior) structures designed after Human/Orcish architecture.

First: I still find "Grand Alliance" sounds kind of stupid. The new one is not greater than the one from Lordaeron.
Second: I agree with your point. Even in your garrison we could not choose any architecture. They should really more focus on the different races. I think the Alliance has it somewhat worse, in this are tough.

Well, to be fair is there a good way to clear the UnderCity?

Not really a good way, but better way. He should have used the tactics from Cara. Sylvanas during WC3 did it better. Even Varian uring WotlK did id better. I mean, it's fitting for Anduin he should learn. The best way, is really destroy it quarter, for quarter.

27/01/2018 11:27Posted by Tanariá
Something like this, they will keep under tight raps until the event.

Event? I hope we will see it ingame. But I think it will be a book only thing.
27/01/2018 12:01Posted by Qulzan
Event? I hope we will see it ingame. But I think it will be a book only thing.

Don't think so, because the one book which is the prelude to this indicates that Sylvanas wants to strike at Stormwind, not Darnassus.

No doubt Teldrassil will be the pre-event for the expansion