favorite dungeon of all time?

General
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
For epicness Halls Of Reflection.
Even though it was the scariest and most group killer dungeon ever.
Thematically I adore Blackrock Depths. It's one of those amazing world-building instances that really feels like a sprawling city rather than a series of video gamey encounters designed to give you loot.

That being said, it's not the best designed piece of dungeon content from a gameplay perspective. I actually really liked a lot of the Cataclysm and WoD dungeons in that regard. I'm a fan of places with strong and distinct visual styles, no gimmicks or cutscenes interrupting the flow of the gameplay, and clear progression paths without any awkward mob-dodging.

Shadowmoon Burial Grounds is probably my favourite dungeon of the past few years. I really enjoyed Blackrock Caverns back in Cataclysm, and Shadow Labyrinth was always a blast in TBC. Purely on a conceptual level, though, nothing beats the premise of a brewery overrun by violent ale spirits.
Stormwind keep
Vanilla - Shadowfang Keep
TBC - Hellfire Ramparts
WOTLK - Forge of Souls
Cataclysm - Vortex Pinnacle
MOP - Temple of the Jade Serpent
WOD - Shadowmoon Burial Grounds
LEGION - Vault of the Wardens
BFA - TBD ;)
19/01/2018 15:06Posted by Lirena
Shadowmoon Burial Grounds is probably my favourite dungeon of the past few years. I really enjoyed Blackrock Caverns back in Cataclysm, and Shadow Labyrinth was always a blast in TBC. Purely on a conceptual level, though, nothing beats the premise of a brewery overrun by violent ale spirits.

I have to say I enjoyed SBG quite a bit myself, along with Grimrail Depot and even though the latter was a pain, it was fun to find way to control the groups of mobs.

Of course, nothing gives me the giggles as much as walking into MoP and being presented with a brewery disaster. :D
I really liked halls of origination

I also really like vault of the wardens, that is my favorite dungeon in Legion.
Halls of reflection, especially the first part in the circle room. Loved tanking that as prot war.
Wailing Caverns and Blackfathom Deeps.
BRD brings so many good memories for me and so many reasons I had to go back there. From getting attuned for Molten Core "back in the day", to the storyline prison chain. Also liked Blackrock Spire, can remember when it was a mini raid first and us hunters had to go dancing with Drak for a while. #mistyeyed
19/01/2018 14:18Posted by Sorakleon
Looking back I'd probably go with Maraudon based on aesthetics.

Maraudon has to be my least favourite!
Old Scholomance though... <3
Blackrock Depths for me. The memories of my first run (many hours...) still haunt me. The greatness, the life, the characters, the openness, the challenge of some encounters...

Runners-up: Classic Stratholme, Shadow Labs.

And let's not forget Legion, even though I am a little burnt out on them, some are great dungeons. My pick would be Eye of Azshara.
Blackrock Depths, delving into a hostile city full of enemies with several distinct areas to prevent the unification of the dwarf clans? Whats not to love.
The one where i get to save Thrall.
For sure Zul'Farrak in tbc!

But which dungeon was bad in old times. I guess all of them were epic!
No timerun, no rush, no AOE spamming. Just cc: X,Y and Z and pull the gui in the middle with sheep pull!
I don't really like dungeons all that much to be honest. The ones that stand out in my memory are Mogu'shan Palace and Temple of the Jade Serpent in MoP. I really loved spending my time in these two dungeons during MoP because they looked nice and the MoP stories and scenery really captured my attention.
Cata zul'gurub

because 'Ding!!" , "Hey gratz mon!!"

God, I miss the difficult dungeons, when heroic was hard and purple meant something....

This is why I installed this, it makes leveling fun too

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/hey-grats-mon
Blackrock Depths.
I think I'll have to go with Stratholme.
To me it's surprisingly one of the new ones - the 5-man version of Karazhan.
Too many of them actually. But I guess I won't be orignial and I'd go with old Scholomance and Stratholme. I'll add Dire Maul (for lore and Dreadsteed quest, endless running is rather annoying), Well of Eternity (come on, it looks stunning!), Halls of Reflection for uniqueness, Culling of Stratholme (it just feels epic to me), and Mana Tombs because of Shaffar's charming voice x)