Most Popular Allied Race

General
03/02/2018 23:28Posted by Jandi
03/02/2018 23:23Posted by Lockvd

Tell myself what? It's the most OP racial in the game , even the lead game designer said so

Draenei have the worst racials in the game yet it's the 3rd most popular Alliance race. Night Elf racials are pretty terrible as well in terms of functionality, yet it's the 2nd most popular Alliance race.

If you seriously think anyone except the hardcore PvP crowd, which is a tiny fraction of the playerbase, picks race based on racials, you are seriously delusional.

I wouldn't say that Draenei have the worst racials in the game and they were really strong and popular back in Wrath when they had that Hit rating aura.

Belfs very crazy popular even when they had really weak racials.

The worst racials in the game belong to Lightforged Draenei, I think.
Either Void Elf or Nightborne.
Nightborne i think, at least til more people Get exalted with Argussian reach
03/02/2018 23:37Posted by Lockvd

Draenei have the worst racials in the game yet it's the 3rd most popular Alliance race. Night Elf racials are pretty terrible as well in terms of functionality, yet it's the 2nd most popular Alliance race.

If you seriously think anyone except the hardcore PvP crowd, which is a tiny fraction of the playerbase, picks race based on racials, you are seriously delusional.

But its the most OP racial in the game by far which is why most of the top ranking melee players in Pve rolled it, its the same reason why the top warlocks/mages are trolls for berserking

Then why are trolls like the least played Horde race?

Because the people who pick race baesd on racials is, again, the small minority.
Since this is truly World of Elfcraft, I would guess it is either of the new elf races. I think the new Tauren is the coolest. Their heritage armor is amazing.
04/02/2018 01:38Posted by Merwanor
Since this is truly World of Elfcraft, I would guess it is either of the new elf races. I think the new Tauren is the coolest. Their heritage armor is amazing.

Their Druid travel form is the shiz too. I would have leveled that first, but it would have been a waste. I'm waiting on the Zandalari one, cause raptor form is just so awesome.
There's not actually that many NB around, not half as much as I'd expected at least..
Hope Void Elfs so that the Blood Elf population will go down on the Horde side, and finally get the Horde feel back.
Going by what I've seen running around & in dungeons I'd put it in this order.
Just a guess mind you.
1. Void Elves.
3. Nightborne
4. Lightforged
5. Highmountain

I'll admit I'll probably be rolling a Void Elf at some point.
I like how the males finally have some nice facial hair & they start off with a unique & cool looking pet as a Hunter.
03/02/2018 22:26Posted by Jandi
Void Elves. All the belf rerollers have rerolled back to alliance.

Hopefully.

Agreed. I grew to hate Blood Elves due to how common they were to see.
It was incredibly boring. Especially since pretty much every other race in the Horde is cooler & more unique than the most generic fantasy race; snobby pale elves.

So if they re-roll to Alliance the Horde is going to be much more diverse & thus visually more enjoyable. For me anyway.
03/02/2018 22:48Posted by Jito

So once all those leveling alts hit max level the question of course becomes whether or not people will keep playing them, or if they just did it for the sake of the leveling experience.

I planned on changing to Highmountain as soon as possible. I adore the improved Tauren design.
Currently levelling a Himountain Tauren Shaman just to unlock a snazzy new hat for my main here.
Once she's 110 though, yeah she's gonna be abandoned.
03/02/2018 23:06Posted by Anurai
And do people pick the Lightforged Draenei or is that the less popular one? Haven't seen any so far :P
i have seen 4 of them!
but yeah lightforged draenei are a complete waste. they should just add them as additional customisation options for the existing draenei.

also void elves are the most popular by far.
and they will attract all the blood elf baddies to reroll back to alliance, and we are gonna lose even more battlegrounds :(
04/02/2018 05:44Posted by Pivke
And do people pick the Lightforged Draenei or is that the less popular one? Haven't seen any so far :P
i have seen 4 of them!
but yeah lightforged draenei are a complete waste. they should just add them as additional customisation options for the existing draenei.

also void elves are the most popular by far.
and they will attract all the blood elf baddies to reroll back to alliance, and we are gonna lose even more battlegrounds :(

Less people to carry in random BGs for me, yay.

Hopefully.

I agree

Hopefully.

This would be the only good thing coming off of this lore abomination
Zandalari master race.
Void Elves, because they're just blood elves with swankier hairstyles. I use my orb of deception on CD just because of the hairstyle.
@All: I have been running more censuses now that I can again. :) Overall, on most realms and comparing similarly sized factions across English and German realms I have checked, things are pretty much like this in terms of current activity:

1. Void Elves (mostly now 3rd or 4th, behind humans and night elves, pretty much tied with regular draenei on some servers)
2. Nightborne (generally compete with orcs, undead, standard tauren and trolls for places 2nd to 6th)
3. Pretty much tie between Highmountain Tauren (who compete with goblins and horde pandaren and seem to be "winning") and Lightforged Draenei (who compete with alliance pandaren, gnomes and dwarves and seem to be "losing").

Of course, situations change and there will certainly be more changes as time goes by and more people acquire BfA and get the necessary unlocks.

Seen several Lightforged Draenei, but still far more Void Elves.
@Aylish: That is not surprising as on the horde side Nightborne outnumber Highmountain Tauren about 2 to 1... but on the alliance side Void Elves outnumber Lightforged Draenei roughly 3, 4 or even 5 to 1, depending on server.
Feels like there is a ton more Nightborne on both forums and on game.
I never understood why people like elves so much, I find them boring and uncharismatic.
Yes, I understand the irony of that statement. Humans are even more boring but they have the best racials of them all (+10% rep).