How many people concurrently play WoW?

General
With games like PUBG breaking 2 million concurrent players, I am really interested as to how WoW stacks up. What are you guesstimates?
Blizzard won't tell us and we can never know.
they only show the income values (profits) to shareholders
Dunno but it sure its not big number.Every1 that claim blizz have over 5 mil subs now is a lier.Since after first months of legion lot of people left the game becouse its boring classes got super pruned screwed pvp and many more things.Hope BFA fix some of these things but by the look of it i have a bad feelings.One thing is sure many MMO games gained lots of players for example PUBG League of legends Dota 1&2 and many more thanks to the legion expansion.
08/02/2018 21:42Posted by Averagebuble
Dunno but it sure its not big number.Every1 that claim blizz have over 5 mil subs now is a lier.Since after first months of legion lot of people left the game becouse its boring classes got super pruned screwed pvp and many more things.

"Everyone left because i don't like the game". That's really convincing.
I guess it's around 4-5 mill
My guess is 3 mil.
it's nearly the end of the xpac,I'd geuss 3 mil+
Just looking at the Qtimes I can tell u that the sub-numbers decreasing every month (Beside the resubs, cause of the preorder).

The fact that almost noone of my friendlist plays wow anymore seems to fit my theory that the playerbase decrease.

Looking at twitch u can clearly see that a lot players are not happy (while playing)...

...Not like this all matters, since blizzard and their white knights will tell u that the game is fine and in a pretty good state. All of the complainers are just people which lives in nostalgia... Not to mention that the unhappy people are just a minority... even if the biggest upvote thread in forum history is the one about the critism about the prune with more than 1500 upvotes.... and the decreasing sub-numbers (like i mention above: U can really see and feel it)

but hey thats just me
08/02/2018 21:48Posted by Prayforplay
I guess it's around 4-5 mill

Seems about correct we know that in the first Q&A with legion that Ion said it was up on 10mil, with the current state of the game 4-5mil seems very accurate as of how active these people are as a whole?
Different story, next of course we've the pre-order that might have boosted said numbers a little.

so 4.3mil would be educated guess as of now.
Well there's me, plus I saw two guys earlier, so at least three.
I saw 5 in a dungeon once and 2-3-9 in a raid.
08/02/2018 22:27Posted by Pratique
Well there's me, plus I saw two guys earlier, so at least three.

Ooh, me too. So 4.

Unless I was one of the ones you saw. Nah, let’s be ballsy and say 4.
Probably less than 4m with most of the server population being "low" and the amount of crossrealm you see everywhere.
Still too much, would like it to bee 3 000 in each region, so there can be one server and sense of community.
08/02/2018 21:42Posted by Averagebuble
One thing is sure many MMO games gained lots of players for example PUBG League of legends Dota 1&2 and many more thanks to the legion expansion.

None of the games you mentioned are MMO's. PUBG is a battle royale sort of game and the others are MOBAs.

But, in terms of the original question, I would suspect that these days concurrent peaks would be about 3 million people across all realms. Antorus doesn't really have the staying power of other end-of-expansion raid tiers, but the LFG tool does still seem to have a fair number of groups active on it at most times.
Best answer yet
02/07/2018 17:47Posted by Jixjix
Best answer yet

Yes keep em coming...
Does it matter how many people are playing at the same time?

Do you think Fortnite, PUBG etc. are going to survive even half as long as WoW has so far?
02/07/2018 17:47Posted by Jixjix
Best answer yet

The curse of the low post-count necromancer continues...