Why can't people grasp that players take breaks from WoW?

General
Prev 1 7 8 9 12 Next
It'll be about numbers in the end. If it hurts the subs then the developers will change things. Be grateful you were on a rest when this happened. Some of us that have had an active sub and been playing the whole time got shafted by recent changes and thats probably damaged the player base. You also suffer from an arrogant community that believe their view is the only one and so don't be surprised by their narrow view of matters. Kinda pretty typical of the games community that exists today, not just here but almost on all the games forums.

If you want to play the current game you gotta prove your worth to the community and to developers by giving up most of your life to the game. And that may not be enough. Me I've jacked the game now and am doing other things. Ten years was enough.
you do know that only reason you even can unlock them now is due to preorder, when BfA hits I am sure the recuirments will be lifted, or it has to be.
they could have waited whit the allied races until BfA comes if they so felt like, but they wanted to give people something to do until that, was it needed to be exalted I am not sure about, though they did make it easier to farm rep now, actualy way easier now.[/quote]

So why it the preorder bonus then? A rep grind? Surely it should be the other way around? No?
11/02/2018 12:31Posted by Bluelegolas
You know I seriously have to wonder about all these so called "busy adults who don't have the time to rep grind because of their 9 children and 5 jobs" that have the time to whine all day on a forum because they didn't get something for free in a video game.

Free? I paid £40 dude.
11/02/2018 14:15Posted by Narci
Why can't people grasp that players take breaks from WoW?

Why can't players grasp that if you take breaks then you're going to be missing out on a load of things and will need to do a load of catching up to do.
Sorry, but the game isn't aimed for those people who takes breaks, but for those who are dedicated towards it. And therefore the content is challenging and requires dedication, that only those players can reap the benefits.

Totally Agree here.
all the whine about a rep grind is ridiculous.
11/02/2018 15:54Posted by Aljazaed
Nah i just want blood and void elves deleted from this game. Nothing harmful.

And i think that the rep thing on alliance atleast sucks.

Which is a different way of saying the same thing. If many people want to play elves, then elves should be in the game.
Gonna be my last post (legit this time)

I'm glad there's a few people that can see the casual side of things.

As stated 2-3 times I am currently doing the grind, but in no way is doing the same world Q's everyday a decent grind for a cosmetic race.

When I played in BC, I farmed netherwing mounts on 3 seperate chars, no complaints at all because I wanted the shiny mount on all three of my alts, did I cry for mount sharing? No

When I raided in WotLK did I cry for all teh epic lewts so I could kill the LK just because I bought the expac? No

Am I salty that a heavily promoted feature as a pre order bonus is locked behind a rep grind just to keep players subbed for a few more months? Yes

When I wanted achiev mounts from raids, no complaints I got on and did the acheivs where possible.

The point being, farming Legion World Q's for a BFA feature that was heavily promoted as one of the major selling points is ridiculously tedious.

I'm happy that the people who have the rep are able to play the races and enjoy leveling there alts ready for BFA release. But as we all know and has been commented many times, we can guarantee once BFA is released the requirements will be lowered/removed so why as a preorder "BONUS" do I have to sit farming stale content to get to the bonus I paid for.

If people are happy to pay £40 and then an extra £10 for the monthly sub to farm the rep so they can finally play as the races, great good for you.

But I can assure you, I'm not the only one that finds it ludicrous.

I intended to just have a discussion without it turning into a "git gud lil girl" thread, but I obviously came to the wrong place.

Anyway, time to go kill the same 10 rares for 100 rep a pop for another few weeks!

Happy grinding, Farewell.
You not having the required rep isn't because you took a break, it's because you did nothing while you were still playing.

I've taken several month long breaks in Legion. I quit between Emerald Nightmare until nighthold came out.
I basically quit this past month too. Haven't touch a raid or dungeon in over a month. But I still had the reps. Hell, I had the reps pretty damn early on.

Also this is an MMO-RPG. You can take a break, but why do you think you should come back and have everything at your disposal? if it worked like that.. then what the hell has everyone else even been doing in the months you've been gone?
I just want to put this out there: they aren't just cosmetic. They each have racial abilities that are rather powerful, and if you're a PVP player they could be a must have. Think about it:

Lightforged: Holy damage taken reduction, high damage single target spell on a 3 min CD, explode for a large heal and deal damage to all allies and enemies around you on death.

Void Elves: any ability you use can trigger a 5% shadow damage and healing output increase. Think about that one. This race has an ability that gives EVERY class an arguably superior version of the mage's blink spell because you can control where you teleport to, making it an insanely powerful escape tool or gap closer. Flat reduction to shadow damage. No pushback suffered on ANY spell cast.

Highmountain: every class gains a charge with a stun. Imagine what you could do with that. Has a flat damage received reduction. Has a versatility increase.

Nightborne: arcane pulse, literally you get a mage's AOE ability that is also affected by your other racial, which gives a flat increase to arcane damage dealt whilst your other racial reduces arcane damage received.

To say the Allied Races are just cosmetic is wrong. They bring solid gameplay changes to both PVP, mythic dungeons and raiding due to their racial abilities, which are arguably the strongest the game has ever seen. Not even Every Man for Himself, Escape Artist and Shadowmeld are as potentially game changing as what the Allied Races get.
11/02/2018 14:21Posted by Kline
Theres nothing toxic about trying to counter the entitled and lazy that expects to be served everything on a silver plate, just because they havent kept up on the game. You -CANNOT- expect to be given the same as people whom have done theirs to earn it. So the OP remains wrong and will always be wrong. Work for it instead of being lazy.

You're literally a prime example of why Tsaila is correct in what shes saying.

You haven't posted anything regarding why you think the time gate is good. You've just attacked people and for some reason seem to think your opinion (Which is largely just attacking people) is fact.

Exactly like she said you was doing.
11/02/2018 16:26Posted by Ixenn
You not having the required rep isn't because you took a break, it's because you did nothing while you were still playing.

I've taken several month long breaks in Legion. I quit between Emerald Nightmare until nighthold came out.
I basically quit this past month too. Haven't touch a raid or dungeon in over a month. But I still had the reps. Hell, I had the reps pretty damn early on.

Also this is an MMO-RPG. You can take a break, but why do you think you should come back and have everything at your disposal? if it worked like that.. then what the hell has everyone else even been doing in the months you've been gone?

World quests aren't the only thing in the game, Infact they're pretty worthless to most people. So if you don't enjoy them you had no reason to do them.

They're not mandatory to play this game, They're not the only content we have and they sure as hell aren't something people want to spend all of their time doing.

So jimmy, Maybe you enjoyed doing world quests in and out everyday but other people who were playing the game may not have enjoyed doing them world quests. Do you understand?
The fact remains that the game doesnt cater to the schedule of those with infrequent logins. Why should they have the same rewards at the same pace as those whom puts in their due time?
11/02/2018 16:05Posted by Angelivec
Free? I paid £40 dude.

Oh I guess that's true. Thankfully there wasn't an actual product attached to those £40 otherwise we may not be justified in feeling like victims and someone might blame our own ignorance or lack of basic reading skills. Maybe we'll get Blizzard on that tv show again, for them to describe the intricate and nefarious details of Blizzard's evil plot to swindle us out of our hard earned money by placing clearly visible paragraphs of text a total of 40 pixels beneath the "purchase" button.
You do not need allied race to play this game. It is premium cosmetic feature that you should earn. Tbh i would make allied races much more elite and rare by setting really tough requirements like donate 5m gold to their cause.

Everything free rarely valued high and desired. Not even 2 weeks passed from BFA pre purchase and allied races almost disapeared from both class halls and leveling zones, easy to come, easy to go.
Nothing motive players more than rarity and exclusivity of rewards.
10/02/2018 21:38Posted by Angelivec
Demon hunters required a level 90 char (could be wrong I don't remember) and the purchase of legion
70 due to BT I believe.
I bet these people complaining abut the grind they will be pretty happy to spend countless hours grinding the rep on the Classic servers lul
ahh, another one of these "boohoo, i dont have the time to play", then mmorpg is not for you, simple as that, real gamer allways finds a way to game if really desires to play, find another kind of job for example, when i was working i only worked every other week and then gamed every other week, yes my pay was lesser but i also had time and energy to play that is the good thing about shift work
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Actually, you want to force your ideas about what should be played on others, which is disgusting.

Nah i just want blood and void elves deleted from this game. Nothing harmful.

And i think that the rep thing on alliance atleast sucks.
Well here is my opinion on your race especially with glasses. Why did you even wait to make a Draenei? All you miss is a helm for the horns and you look exactly identical!

11/02/2018 17:53Posted by Chazy
11/02/2018 16:26Posted by Ixenn

World quests aren't the only thing in the game, Infact they're pretty worthless to most people. So if you don't enjoy them you had no reason to do them.

They're not mandatory to play this game, They're not the only content we have and they sure as hell aren't something people want to spend all of their time doing.

So jimmy, Maybe you enjoyed doing world quests in and out everyday but other people who were playing the game may not have enjoyed doing them world quests. Do you understand?
Apparently only people who grinded WQ are hardcore enough to earn a race, not the mythic raiders. Not the PvP'ers and certainly not the lore nuts! Only people who enjoyed doing WQ! Thankgod I have sympathy for people... With each and every time doing rep for recipes it got easier and easier to get them to exalted (pre-paragon caches crap) so I don't go: "Anybody who doesn't have Nightfallen exalted 12 times or more is a noob and shouldn't deserve to make a NB!"

Btw I didn't enjoy it after the 1st time, I did it for recipes and mog piece only (exalted class hall shoulders). Heck WQ has always been and will be the same as dailies for me, a means to an end.
11/02/2018 18:31Posted by Sytna
You do not need allied race to play this game. It is premium cosmetic feature that you should earn. Tbh i would make allied races much more elite and rare by setting really tough requirements like donate 5m gold to their cause.

Everything free rarely valued high and desired. Not even 2 weeks passed from BFA pre purchase and allied races almost disapeared from both class halls and leveling zones, easy to come, easy to go.
Nothing motive players more than rarity and exclusivity of rewards.

Yeah... No.

Races shouldn't be something you feel you have to play because it's exclusive or rare, It should be something you enjoy.

This would just outclass all the other races for no reason.

This is literally the "I want to feel like a special snowflake" response.
10/02/2018 20:49Posted by Leafie
10/02/2018 20:42Posted by Kline
You are not exactly forced to use allied races.

But that is the valid point he was making, i.e. when we pre-purchased Legion, we could enjoy DH straight away, without having to do silly grinding.

Except you couldn't. DH become available on August 9th, the expansion released 3 weeks later. You also needed a lvl 70 character the be able to make one.
11/02/2018 19:36Posted by Izyla
Except you couldn't. DH become available on August 9th, the expansion released 3 weeks later. You also needed a lvl 70 character the be able to make one.
I wanted to see this tbh, allied races would start at 108 do a small starter zone and get out at 110 during pre-launch event.