Please fix the 60-80 leveling

General
I don't see a problem. Due to the scaling, I can now pick and choose between Northrend and Outland in this bracket. I can go back and forth as much as I like. I can skip as much as I like.

I'm 78, and I've barely touched Northrend - I've done a few quests in Borean Tundra, a few quests in Howling Fjord, a few quests in Grizzly Hills. I've done maybe... 5-6 dungeon runs since level 60.

There's nothing wrong with 60-80. If it were any easier, I'd be leveling up by falling asleep on my keyboard with my nose pressing W.
13/02/2018 11:42Posted by Nyesha
well, now Im worried. :(
I managed to get to 63 just by doing 2 dungeons and finishing off the Eastern Plaguelands....

phew! worry over. :)

Having a blast doing 60-80. I started in hellfire peninsula (and Im still there!). Decided to do each dungeon once only for the quests and I have about 8 left in this range before Im done.
Im definately going to outlevel the zones at this rate.

(and Im only going this slow coz I spend so much time watching Netflix on my other monitor whilst queueing).
17/02/2018 11:27Posted by Lafonda
Have they played Legion?

The difference is that questing through Legion is fast and easy. You can pull entire groups, enemies die quickly and easily, and you're blasting through the zones without much effort. Do an invasion in between and boom you're 110.

17/02/2018 11:59Posted by Rockshins
I can now pick and choose between Northrend and Outland in this bracket.

This is like choosing between the flu and diarrhea. None of them is pleasant.

I can skip as much as I like.

I cannot skip old, outdated and horrible content. Even before the change 60-80 was always a horrible experience, and looking through this thread and subreddits I am not the only one thinking like this.

Either reduce the required xp or let us skip Outland and Northrend all together.
There's nothing wrong with 60-80. If it were any easier, I'd be leveling up by falling asleep on my keyboard with my nose pressing W.

People aren’t asking for it to be easier, they’re asking for it to be more fun and engaging.
If you expect them to do new quests just so you get the better pacing while leveling il save you on time and say;dream on.No way they try fixing something,you will just get people who are pissed cause of the changed questes on the forums.
17/02/2018 12:28Posted by Equil
If you expect them to do new quests just so you get the better pacing while leveling il save you on time and say;dream on.No way they try fixing something,you will just get people who are pissed cause of the changed questes on the forums.

then just increase exp we get in those lvls or reduce amount we need and voila.
I don't see a problem. Due to the scaling, I can now pick and choose between Northrend and Outland in this bracket.

glad for you,really but doing 10k xp quests in a 20x450k pool,where the zones are pretty much outdated is a little bit !@#$ed
17/02/2018 12:33Posted by Ciël

this or buff heirloom xp,if people want to enjoy scaling leveling content and still use heirlooms,thats their problem and they are being hypocrites

Title of the thread is "please fix" - implying something is broken.

Personal preference does not mean something is broken.

17/02/2018 12:14Posted by Keydiam
I am not the only one thinking like this.

No, and I'm not the only one who would disagree. Your point being... ?

Either reduce the required xp or let us skip Outland and Northrend all together.

Reducing required XP would impact everyone, including people who actually want to level there. It would be tantamount to removing those expansions from the game. To do this because of the preference of some people would be laughable.

Allowing people to skip both expansions entirely would require such a rebalance that, once again, it would impact all those people who don't have a problem with those expansions. It would also impact the experience of playing all the subsequent content - there would be a need to buff the xp of all post-Wrath content to ensure that, having skipped 20 levels of content, there was still enough stuff to get you the rest of the way.

The fundamental problem here is that your argument revolves around "I don't like it. Make it go away."

Other people do like it. It's not broken. If you want to skip it, buy a boost, or maybe suggest to Blizzard that there should be other boost-like options - but changing the core game to suit *you* is not the solution.
17/02/2018 12:41Posted by Watruhiding
I don't see a problem. Due to the scaling, I can now pick and choose between Northrend and Outland in this bracket.

glad for you,really but doing 10k xp quests in a 20x450k pool,where the zones are pretty much outdated is a little bit !@#$ed
17/02/2018 12:33Posted by Ciël

this or buff heirloom xp,if people want to enjoy scaling leveling content and still use heirlooms,thats their problem and they are being hypocrites

Lower lvl quests for classic/cata zones gave more exp then 60-80 quests, like i do stonestalon as example quest is like 3k for just go talk and 17 to 22k for anything else and thats at like lvl 40-50. and then when im 60 i get less quest exp ,less quests or well takes longer. And i need far more exp.
17/02/2018 12:44Posted by Rockshins

Title of the thread is "please fix" - implying something is broken.

Personal preference does not mean something is broken.

I am not the only one thinking like this.

No, and I'm not the only one who would disagree. Your point being... ?

Reducing required XP would impact everyone, including people who actually want to level there. It would be tantamount to removing those expansions from the game. To do this because of the preference of some people would be laughable.

Allowing people to skip both expansions entirely would require such a rebalance that, once again, it would impact all those people who don't have a problem with those expansions. It would also impact the experience of playing all the subsequent content - there would be a need to buff the xp of all post-Wrath content to ensure that, having skipped 20 levels of content, there was still enough stuff to get you the rest of the way.

The fundamental problem here is that your argument revolves around "I don't like it. Make it go away."

Other people do like it. It's not broken. If you want to skip it, buy a boost, or maybe suggest to Blizzard that there should be other boost-like options - but changing the core game to suit *you* is not the solution.

No its widly hated/known as broken 60- 80. TAkes far longer then all the rest 1 -60 and 80-100 and 100-110 is far less time.
The fix is so it takes simelair time as litterly evry other lvl branch in the game and that it isnt a slog. And then just give us exp pots or buff heirlooms more during those lvls. anything so isnt a giant slog.
You needed like double exp per lvl of lvls 50-60 but quests having less then half the exp reward is not right.
17/02/2018 12:45Posted by Ciël
and then when im 60 i get lest quest exp ,less quests or well takes longer. And i need far more exp.

this
it get's better at 80 in Pandaria
quest density is higher,quests reward far more xp
but Uutland is just !@#$ed and Northend outside of tundra too
and then when im 60 i get lest quest exp ,less quests or well takes longer. And i need far more exp.

this
it get's better at 80 in Pandaria
quest density is higher,quests reward far more xp
but Outland is just !@#$ed and Northend outside of tundra too
Reducing required XP would impact everyone

then buff heirlooms to give more xp,simple solution,you would have your scaling zones and slower leveling,we would have our fast way
having skipped 20 levels of content

I can almost assure you that you could ding 15+ times on Pandaria alone,whereas for example,in 60-80 you need a nearly full Outland clear plus some of Northend
13/02/2018 11:39Posted by Rizheal

I also found while doing dungeon quests that some of the BC dungeon quests gave 26k and the Wrath ones gave around 12-15k something is not right here surely?

And on lvl 54 in classic they give not even 6k, while a normal outside quest gives over 10k. Leveling is not just a worse experience than it was in vanilla now (in terms of fun), it's simply broken.
I do feel that something feels amiss with northrend’s quests - borean tundra took me from 60-67, yet i’ve done dragonblight and the basin and they were two and half levels each.
17/02/2018 20:31Posted by Pryscilla
I do feel that something feels amiss with northrend’s quests - borean tundra took me from 60-67, yet i’ve done dragonblight and the basin and they were two and half levels each.

I agree, Boren Tundra was amazing and lots of fun.
Went to Dragonblight and now in Zulwhateveritis and its just slow and tedious.
Doing these 2 zones is taking so much longer and giving me so much less than Tundra.
Can't wait to hit 80 and go to Pandaland.
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17618121969

FWIW
17/02/2018 23:04Posted by Tazon

FWIW

I don't see the link between someone just starting their leveling (so not above 60) and 60 - 80 levelling.
I loved 20 - 60 then 60 - 64 then it slowed and died on me.
17/02/2018 23:04Posted by Tazon

FWIW

I too like the leveling now, after the patch I started creating alts nearly every day, but they don't go higher than 60, no way I'm going to suffer that 60-80, even before the patch I hated those (I'm talking about zone quests). But I like the dungeons, LK and BC dungeons are my favorite, but now as noone goes LFD or ragequits/ragekicks on first pack of trash, it doesn't have much point to exp further.
Didn't they just change this in order for it to be (fun) for those who enjoyed leveling. The rest are supposed to buy a boost...

At the same time the allied races are released. In order to get our hands on the heritage armor, we have to do the proper leveling - even if we don't enjoy leveling. Buying a boost, will be good for nothing for that reward.

So basically there is no skipping leveling. Even if it's slower, but just as tedious as it allways was. With nerfed heirlooms and increased, although evened out, experience gain needed, it's no more fun. Just made you have to endure everything for longer.

For me it's broken the joy of leveling. I enjoyed the old mindless easy kill way. Now you kind of have to pay at least some attention. Which brings me back to leveling by pet battles. Even though the xp from that is also nerfed, it's at least still mostly no-brain-needed content.
I’m leveling through Northrend right now and at the moment it’s okay, kinda dreading the moment I finish HF and have to go to other zones.

Zul’Drak / Dragonblight are the worst zones to quest through.