(H-RP) Nights on the Echo Isles - 07.04.18

Argent Dawn
Greetings extended to all Trolls of the Horde!

The Zulian Legacy presents to the community Nights on the Echo Isles, a village-hours style event where trolls of the Horde can come together and enjoy an evening among their fellows on the island home of the Darkspear tribe!

For some time, I've been wanting to renew and provide a platform for Troll-RP where players can meet, make connections, get involved in the community and participate in RP at their leisure in an easy going environment.

As part of an initiative to bring guilds and individuals together, I've included the possibility for Activities to be run during or alongside Nights on the Echo Isles, so that whomever may wish to contribute an idea or run an activity themselves while the event is on can contact me in advance in-game by whisper/mail and I will do my best to facilitate them and update the AA page.

More information can be read at the Event's Argent Archives page:
https://www.argentarchives.org/node/131610

The Details of the Next Event are:

Saturday 3rd March
Event Start: 19:30
Activity of the Month: Treasure Hunt/Dedication to Hir'eek
Activity Start: 20:30

After the flagship event, this Village Hours is set to run on the first Saturday of each month, but if successful, may appear more frequently per month.

This thread is also going to be used to update the time and date of the next event and post short recaps, which attendees may also do at their leisure.

Hope to see you there!
This be tomorrow!
I'm so glad that you are going through with this! I will for sure attend!
I shall infiltrate these as well! Also, bump.

Today, join us, all!
Thanks for running it! Was nice to join and help you with searching very tricky traps.

Here you can find some screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/xMnGg

Keep it up. Hope to see more!
This was a pleasant night! Next time I'll come earlier, if I can arrange it!

THanks allot for hosting!
Was certainly a fun evening, thank you to all that attended. ;)
Event Recap

The trolls gathered, humming with prayers and grasping their valued offerings. They converged at a place where the window to the other side was at its most open on all the isles and called in for the one they honour this month - Hethiss!.

At the window, they laid their gifts for the great snake loa to see. But Hethiss is a trickster and values the cunning of his children, so the crowds dispersed into the isles, not to retire, but to reap a night of mischief and outwit their fellows in a dedication that would surely catch the snake's attention.

Thank you to all who attended the first event!

It was a pleasure to have had you all there and the roleplay was lovely to boot. As a handful of people expressed some interest of this running more frequently, I'll be looking into what I can do to eventually make that happen. For now I'll be updating the first post with new dates and details in the run up to the next event in early March.

Once more, thank you! Hope to see you next time.
Back with a bump and an update! Argent Archives has had the dates and times up for a while now, so this is simply to affirm those.

The details of tonight's event:

Event Start: 19:30
Activity of the Month: Treasure Hunt/Dedication to Hir'eek
Activity Start: 20:30

The activity may require a raid group, so to get the best out of this your character will need to be level 10 or above. If this isn't possible with the time you have, please pop me a whisper and I'll make a workaround for you.

See you there, people, and have fun!
I'm hosting a sermon with a few bits and pieces on Sunday so if there's anyway I can help tonight let me know. Also feel free to write me if you want me to bring people's attention to something that happens tonight (for instance make a mention of something you all did or the winner if there is such a thing of the treasure hunt) to build the stories of the festival a bit more.
03/03/2018 13:51Posted by Ziatala
I'm hosting a sermon with a few bits and pieces on Sunday so if there's anyway I can help tonight let me know. Also feel free to write me if you want me to bring people's attention to something that happens tonight (for instance make a mention of something you all did or the winner if there is such a thing of the treasure hunt) to build the stories of the festival a bit more.

Thank you! Though I've got to this a bit late, if you feel it may add a little flavour to mention anything we did tonight, you're more than welcome to. I tried to keep with the weekend's theme of Hir'eek and with the knowledge your sermon is tomorrow, so today we were set up for a wild goose chase as a group of mischievous whelps took and hid a handful of ritual offerings all around the isles as a prank.

I dropped a few lines IC about your sermon too. I figure its most definitely the kind of thing a troll would hear on the grapevine, so I hope it helped your event come to a couple more people's attention! Will be sure to see you there, Ziatala.

On a separate note, thank you to those that came by today! Once more, it's been a pleasure and I hope everyone had a good evening. Time to work on the next one!
Something dark red caught her eye, shimmering slightly in the last rays of the evening sun. Shaaqi knelt down by the thick shrubs while the other trolls continued with their search. She could hear Zulzi muttering to herself and suppressed a small grin. These whelps might have been very cheeky to steal the offerings - right under the watchful eye of Captain Morakki one may add! - but at least they had also been very creative by leaving clues they could follow. And besides, it was a beautiful evening on the Echo Isles. She took a deep breath of the salty air, mixed slightly with the smell of earth. It was good to be home.

She pushed the leaves aside and there it was - the totem of the bat loa, the Lord of the Midnight Sky, Hir’eek. She turned around to tell the others the good news.

Big thank you to Zulzi for preparing and leading this event! It was great fun, and I also loved the cooking lesson and campfire story afterwards. Thank you to everyone for a great RP evening. Looking forward to the next Night on the Echo Isles!