Rework fire mage...

Mage
I feel like fire mage is broken. My dps is too low to do HC Antorus, so I am stuck on 950 item level. Look, I was learnig how to play fire for a very long time, so I understand all mechs and procs. I also learnt which talents are good. The thing is, that outside combustion dps is a total RNG thing. My critical often comes to 60 %, but I cannot make both pyro and fireball crit, so tough I get at least 1 crit, dps is be low. Alright, in combustion I do 1.8 mln on single target, but outside it often comes under 1 mln. I cant do anything about it, this fire's critical strike dependency is terrible and should be removed in BfA.
Here is my rotation:
1. Fireballs till one crits
2. When crits, I cast another fireball and cast fireblast during it. In the end of casting fireball I insta cast pyroblast and pray to get double crit or at least one.
3. If they both crit, I cast fireball and in the end spend hot streak on pyro.
4. If only one crits, I do same what in point 2.
5. If I get hot streaking and run out of fireblasts, I use artifact ability.
6. I save all fireblasts charges and 2 artifact ability for combustion. When Im inside of it, I use insta casts to get as many pyro as possible. When I dont have any left, I spam scorches + insta pyro.
7. On raids I use firestarter, so first 10% of boss health is fine, after it I use combustion.
I also have biss legos and 4 tier set pieces, so gear is pretty good.
And I often get kicked from HC raids, even the guild ones.
Help me or agree with my demand of fire rework.
Fire is easily the best designed spec we've had this expansion, and your spec isn't the reason why you're doing low damage.
09/02/2018 15:59Posted by Narcind
Fire is easily the best designed spec we've had this expansion, and your spec isn't the reason why you're doing low damage.

So what is that reason? Look at my rot and tell me what I do wrong.
Your biggest problem is that you don't actually do what you say. I had a quick look at your garothi worldbreaker kill yesterday and you for example don't pop combustion at 90%, you use it at 74% (?), you spend large amounts of time of not casting anything, you don't use flask or food, you don't use a potion, one of your trinkets is literal garbage, and I'm sure there's lots more if you were to actually take a look at your own gameplay, rather than crying about it
I would also add that crit isnt your best stat, in single target you want around 40% and tbh you dont need more, you have fire blast with flame on and phoenix's flames, you can get a pyro off with every fireball crit which should be around 1/2 fire balls.
i like crit, but its greatly devalued by combustion, firestarter and the legendary belt.
09/02/2018 17:11Posted by Parza
I would also add that crit isnt your best stat, in single target you want around 40% and tbh you dont need more

don't make a sweeping statement like this when it is factually incorrect, i am at 71% crit raid buffed in my single target setup and crit is still my highest simming stat by a large margin.

09/02/2018 16:07Posted by Narcind
one of your trinkets is literal garbage

now now, it's GG for mythic eonar and adds in general :D

Too bad that is true for PvE. Fire has always needed top gear to perform well.

But in PvP we are really terrible state right now without constant help from other players. Our shields and snares are terrible and our damage simply blows. Talents are meaningless boring passives mostly.
don't make a sweeping statement like this when it is factually incorrect, i am at 71% crit raid buffed in my single target setup and crit is still my highest simming stat by a large margin.

How can it be?
my current stats put crit as the second lowest stat (just barely over versatility and a whopping third below haste which is my best stat) while im at 46% crit.
Either your gear and talents are super !@#$ed up or you arent even talking about the right spec.
also your character has 21% crit as im looking at it, with that little crit it would make sense, but not with 71%.
10/02/2018 08:04Posted by Firaja

Too bad that is true for PvE. Fire has always needed top gear to perform well.

But in PvP we are really terrible state right now without constant help from other players. Our shields and snares are terrible and our damage simply blows. Talents are meaningless boring passives mostly.

Are u drunk? Fire is great paired with a warrior or feral. We can cc a target for 20(!) seconds alone. And the dmg during burst is acctually fine as it is but fire has and will always be more about rot dmg then burst like lets say frost or arcane.. We got 3 schools. Its a l2p issue for u buddy.
11/02/2018 12:07Posted by Parza
Either your gear and talents are super !@#$ed up or you arent even talking about the right spec.
also your character has 21% crit as im looking at it, with that little crit it would make sense, but not with 71%.

firstly, i always log out in frost setup for cheesing the wowprogress page, secondly the armoury doesn't track player stats properly, especially crit chance, in game with food buff as fire i am sitting at 71% crit, and when i sim my stat weights i get a 46 for crit with the next highest being mastery at 41 and the reason for that is down to kindling, thanks to my gear levels i can get combustion back up after ~45s cooldown time sometimes sooner depending on crits.
12/02/2018 13:27Posted by Sozin

firstly, i always log out in frost setup for cheesing the wowprogress page, secondly the armoury doesn't track player stats properly, especially crit chance, in game with food buff as fire i am sitting at 71% crit, and when i sim my stat weights i get a 46 for crit with the next highest being mastery at 41 and the reason for that is down to kindling, thanks to my gear levels i can get combustion back up after ~45s cooldown time sometimes sooner depending on crits.

He's clearly talking about what crit value is listed on your character sheet, and you're trying to act smart by also including the 15% from critical mass. Hint: you're the opposite of smart. You don't have 20400 crit rating.

How can it be?
my current stats put crit as the second lowest stat (just barely over versatility and a whopping third below haste which is my best stat) while im at 46% crit.

Crit loses A LOT of value if you run belt, but if you run something else (which in 99.9% of cases would be ring), crit is still going to be your best stat because of how well it synergizes with kindling.
You don't have 20400 crit rating.

no you're right, i have more, 20,497 to be exact, but you know, being a dumb person i had help making a screenshot of my character sheet with the stats all listed and my mouse hovering over the relevant stat to show you the actual rating points in an image format for easier viewing:

https://imgur.com/a/zKGu1

so as i said, with food buff, i have 71% crit and sims show with a big margin that crit is still my best scaling stat ergo his/her statement about it being worthless past a point is incorrect and should have been worded differently to account for the aforementioned example, the floor is yours.
I feel like if this guy was only just learning how to play, he doesn't know how sorry fire mages have been.

I feel fire is in a good place right now. Not the best, not the worst!

As others said your dps is low because of the player not the class.

My only gripe with fire is Combustion as I much preferred the old version, but hey I can't have it all!