Posible Scammer?

General
So i saw a guy in trade chat. selling fishing boost 1-800 in 15min for 50k gold. he said he have sold it several times. but when i asked him. HOW do you sell a *fishing* boost to someone. he came back to ask me who i was. and i was like.... wait what, is he talking about? after some talking i asumed he was just a filthy scammer. and i started to google it. but found nothing. so now my question is. is it a real thing to sell a fishing boost in wow now days? (the scammers name is. <snip>)
You're gonna get banned for naming and shaming.
Boosts which include sharing your account with someone else are illegal, you could get yourself banned.

You're welcome.
I don't know how you'd go about selling a fishing "boost" and who'd be desperate enough to buy one. But naming and shaming people is not allowed. That much I can tell you.
Simple, you give him your account details, he strips your account, I mean fishes for you.
He maybe has a lot of those unique murlocs in his mail, he'd set them off while you catch them. You'd throw them in the sea for fast fishing levels.
Hey there Bargonos,

I have removed the name of the player you ran into. Naming and Shaming would indeed be something that goes against our Forum Conduct.

As for how one could level fishing quickly, I think Eggs could be onto something. There are items you can fish up on the Broken Isles (Rusty Queenfish Brooch for example) which make special fishing pools spawn. Each catch from such a pool grants a special fish (Ghostly Queenfish in this case) which grants 5 skill points when thrown back into the water.

Good luck with the fishing though if you plan on making a trip out to an ocean or lake. :)
07/02/2018 12:21Posted by Môéé
illegal

I don't think that means what you think it means. No laws are being broken.

It is against the rules to share your account, yes. That is the only way someone could boost your fishing. The same goes for the mage tower boosts.
07/02/2018 12:38Posted by Oniyate

It's not just about a countries law, it also means breaking the rules. I suggest you look it up.

For instance there is an illegal move in Chess.
07/02/2018 12:44Posted by Dottie
07/02/2018 12:38Posted by Oniyate

It's not just about a countries law, it also means breaking the rules. I suggest you look it up.

For instance there is an illegal move in Chess.

Which, in any civilized country, you would go to prison for, and rightfully so.
I believe this guy will be selling Sleeping Murlocs which you release and they drop fish for you to collect.

You stack up all of these fish and then throw them back into the water for 5 skill points each.

I used this method to go from 1-800 Fishing in about 15 minutes as mentioned above.

If that's what he's trying to sell then it's not against the rules as you can buy Sleeping Murlocs on the AH.
07/02/2018 12:21Posted by Môéé
Boosts which include sharing your account with someone else are illegal, you could get yourself banned.

You're welcome.

Illegal? He's not going to get arrested for sharing his account lol
07/02/2018 12:19Posted by Bargonos
So i saw a guy in trade chat. selling fishing boost 1-800 in 15min for 50k gold. he said he have sold it several times. but when i asked him. HOW do you sell a *fishing* boost to someone. he came back to ask me who i was. and i was like.... wait what, is he talking about? after some talking i asumed he was just a filthy scammer. and i started to google it. but found nothing. so now my question is. is it a real thing to sell a fishing boost in wow now days? (the scammers name is. <snip>)

You're... Not that bright, are you?
Thanks for the replys everyone. and on a side note. i did not know about the nameing stuff. sorry about that.
it with the murlocs as mentioned earlier there no account sharing involved anyone can pick up the fish that the murloc drops so that is how they boosts your fishing (you obviously have to trow back all the fish for the +5 fishing)
you can do 1-800 via the fishable boost item but there is NO WAY you can do it in 15mins i did it yesterday via queenfish and took me 40mins