Other RPG games with flying feature

General
Hi,

could you recommend ANY open world game where you can fly in ANY way (like hero, or mount) for unlimited time like in WoW?

I am not interested in gliding or dashing .. so games like Prototype or Saint Row doesnt count.
only flying and it must be for unlimited time .. so games like Tera, flying limited for zones and times doesnt count.
It COULD be something like JUST CAUSE 3 .. but NOT ELEX.

Paid of free, it doesnt matter.
Divinity 2? You can turn into a dragon and fly around and blast stuff. Not everywhere though...

Also Morrowind, if that isn't too old for ya. And I heard that EVE Online has a lot of flying :D
02/02/2018 07:51Posted by Tepna
And I heard that EVE Online has a lot of flying :D

yeah thats funny :)

Divinity 2 doesnt look bad .. but i want more .. i want all of them :)
I know there was an oblivion mod that gave dragon mounts, fully functional flying system there. And another mod that gave fully functional wings, though npcs got it too (granted it was kinda awesome having airborne duels and seeing your foe come crashing back to earth when you kill them).

Honestly though I can't remember either mods name, it's been years. I know there is also some skyrim flying mods kicking around.

To be fair these aren't actual games with flying, it's just been modded in but it works.
In Skyrim there is some mounts that give wings to the player, dragon wings, demon wings and other type of wings.

Then we have much of the JRPG games, is usual to unlock a flying ship or similar near the end of the game. I think Western RPGs use more fast travel mechanics that flying mechanics
no oblivion and no skyrim .. flying mod for witcher 3 is cool though ..

but rather normal games ..

oh and only for PC .. no consoles ..

flying itself is cool .. but it needs to have purpose .. mostly RPG game has it.
I've heard that World of Warplanes has an element of flying in it.
repeated joke aint funny anymore .. stop with it
To be honest, you're not going to find a lot of open world RPGs with free flying and aerial combat. Mostly it only serves as glorified fast travel. I don't even think there are any. Games must be designed for it, because otherwise, it completely invalidates level design. Like in WoW.

Also, you could try Superman 64 :D
You’ll have a hard time finding any RPG’s that allow for aerial combat (iirc Dragon Prophets smth had it, afaik discontinued) but if you are looking for a n open world with ‘just’ flying there are several.

Personally I’m most familliar with EverQuest 2, you don’t get flying mounts right of the bat (iirc level 30 access to Gliding, level 60 Flying) but it is there. With all the portals and fast ground mounts few people seem to use it, at least in the Zones I putter around in. Exception is the wood elf area, but that is because the Zones are build with Gliding in mind (Faerykin start with Feather Fall- styl Gliding as a racial, is quite fun).
Flyff (short for Fly for Fun) is a fantasy MMORPG by Korean development company Gala Lab (formerly Aeonsoft & nFlavor).[Flyff is a party-oriented grinding game where no character can do everything; efficient play requires working in groups to level up by killing monsters, or Masquerpets. Its main distinctiveness lies in its flying system: flying is the normal method of transportation for characters above level 20.
02/02/2018 07:43Posted by Brighthair
Hi,

could you recommend ANY open world game where you can fly in ANY way (like hero, or mount) for unlimited time like in WoW?

I am not interested in gliding or dashing .. so games like Prototype or Saint Row doesnt count.
only flying and it must be for unlimited time .. so games like Tera, flying limited for zones and times doesnt count.
It COULD be something like JUST CAUSE 3 .. but NOT ELEX.

Paid of free, it doesnt matter.

GTA any really, cheat codes and mods.
Far Cry 3/4 if you learn the map layout you can glide for a good period and get some gorgeous views.

Lair
Dark Void
Arkham Asylum/City similar to Just Cause
Morrowind you could levitate and fly around the map, mind you this is possible in Skyrim with console commands and or mods.
As far as MMOs go, Aion comes to mind. I've no idea what the newest zones look like and if they let you freely fly; flying is integral to the game however, even though it's heavily limited in low level zones.

I suppose you could play Titania in Warframe, but it's not really... Open world, save for Plains of Eidolon.
no clip is no flying .. gliding .. jesus .. i said no dashing or gliding ..

dont post nonsense .. keep it smart

Batman? Really? Even my girlfriend knows that batman cant fly. What kinda of gamer are you?
Lot more better answer would even be LEGO AVENGERS .. but Batman?
02/02/2018 13:00Posted by Brighthair
no clip is no flying .. gliding .. jesus .. i said no dashing or gliding ..

dont post nonsense .. keep it smart

Batman? Really? Even my girlfriend knows that batman cant fly. What kinda of gamer are you?
Lot more better answer would even be LEGO AVENGERS .. but Batman?

I'll think you'll find he can.

It's called falling in style.

As I said you want flying Dark Void.
Look up the mmo. Riders of Icarus. this mmo got a low population. but it got the best daam flying and combat that i know for an mmo.
Well, Guild Wars 2 expansion added gliding, which is not exactly like regular flying, but to me the way they implemented it makes it much more fun than WoW flying.

One of the Gliding upgrades allows you to stay in the air indefinitely I think, though I'm not yet on that level so can't confirm if it works exactly like that.
02/02/2018 23:19Posted by Shiwer
Well, Guild Wars 2 expansion added gliding, which is not exactly like regular flying, but to me the way they implemented it makes it much more fun than WoW flying.

One of the Gliding upgrades allows you to stay in the air indefinitely I think, though I'm not yet on that level so can't confirm if it works exactly like that.

I play Guild Wars 2 and completely agree on the fluidity of entering gliding form (just jump off a cliff). Problem is, while you can glide indefinitely, it still is in a descending motion, so you will hit ground eventually.

You need thermals to rise your altitude, but the do have a special mount, a spastic looking gryphon, that glides but has an inbuilt "updraft" mechanic!
Anarchy online has flying since like 2001ish