Lord of the Reins, What counts?

Quests & Achievements
I'm on 295/300 atm, just bought a Steelbound Harness and I'm still at 295/300 but it's usable on all my toons, so why didn't it count?

Any help is awesome thanks :)
The achievement works based on whichever character you logged into that has the most usable mounts.

So if you had 10 mounts, including the DK mount, you'd have 10 in the achievement. If you then logged into a rogue technically you'd only have 9. So learning a new mount on the rogue would only put you back to 10 mounts.

If you log into another character that has more class mounts your achievement count should increase.
Ahhh brilliant, thanks :D
And sometimes you need to wait a bit until the achievement refreshes to the correct number :) At least I do when I learn a mount it usually only refreshes a day after.
07/02/2018 18:44Posted by Tsumiki
And sometimes you need to wait a bit until the achievement refreshes to the correct number :) At least I do when I learn a mount it usually only refreshes a day after.

This information needs to get around more! +1
I notice

07/02/2018 13:55Posted by Runechampion
The achievement works based on whichever character you logged into that has the most usable mounts.

So if you had 10 mounts, including the DK mount, you'd have 10 in the achievement. If you then logged into a rogue technically you'd only have 9. So learning a new mount on the rogue would only put you back to 10 mounts.

If you log into another character that has more class mounts your achievement count should increase.

Strange how the class mounts add to the total. I don’t know if it’s bugged or what, but I’ve totally taken advantage.
03/04/2018 13:45Posted by Nicko
Strange how the class mounts add to the total. I don’t know if it’s bugged or what, but I’ve totally taken advantage.

Its intended.

What counts:
- Class mounts from class halls for all classes, including ones you can't use
- Profession mounts, including ones you can't use

What does not count:
- Mounts of other faction
- Class mounts of other classes that aren't from class hall (such as dk starter mount not counting when playing rogue)

So to increase counter you can:
- Level up all classes to 110 and complete their mount campaigns
- Learn all professions that give mounts and make all those mounts (carpets, engineering helicopters, leatherworking moose)
Runechampion and Zim have it spot on!

The mount achievements specifically look at the highest number of mounts a single character on your account can use.

Most of the time that's going to be a paladin, warlock or death knight, simply because these three have extra class specific mounts available to them, which are technically spells (Paladin Charger, Warlock Dreadsteed etc)
This is usually because you logged into that one character on your account who has access to the most mounts, and that's why the counter updates later on :)

So general hint for this is to check the achievement counter on your paladin, warlock or death knight (if you have one) when you add in a new mount to your collection, especially if you are up near the trigger point for these achievements.

Good luck to all with their collections!
03/04/2018 16:46Posted by Tizaksul
Runechampion and Zim have it spot on!

Thank you. Its weird though that system works that way. Counting mounts that you can't use is just wrong. It encourages players to go out of their way to play classes they don't want or level up profession they have no interest in just to get mounts they can't even use.

If you can pass feedback to developers, please ask them to change counter to count only mounts that current character can use.
03/04/2018 16:46Posted by Tizaksul
This is usually because you logged into that one character on your account who has access to the most mounts, and that's why the counter updates later on :)

So general hint for this is to check the achievement counter on your paladin, warlock or death knight (if you have one) when you add in a new mount to your collection, especially if you are up near the trigger point for these achievements.

Good luck to all with their collections!

I know how it works. Didnt log on my paladin, dk or warlock for awhile when i was more actively collecting mounts and i still had to wait until the next day sometimes before it actually updated. But of course when I found out that it did I logged it everytime after I got a mount.