Do NOT buy store mounts!!

General
Prev 1 14 15 16 26 Next
13/02/2018 13:25Posted by Cerid
13/02/2018 13:23Posted by Shaozu
They havn't done it because reasonable players like the ones who post in this thread speaking out against this rubbish kick off. Whilst all of the others run off to grab their wallet and don't even think about it.

None of which changes the fact that despite all the doomsayers and doom merchants, there have been no non cosmetic items in the store.

Everything else in your post is purely subjective on your part, with no proof whatsoever.

Also please post on your main so I can tell another one of you to git gud.

I've noticed the ones who defend MTX most vehemently are the ones who most need to git gud.

Coincidence? I think not.
13/02/2018 13:23Posted by Shaozu
They havn't done it because reasonable players like the ones who post in this thread speaking out against this rubbish kick off. Whilst all of the others run off to grab their wallet and don't even think about it.

None of which changes the fact that despite all the doomsayers and doom merchants, there have been no non cosmetic items in the store.

Everything else in your post is purely subjective on your part, with no proof whatsoever.

You're calling level boosts, race changes and faction changes cosmetic? All of those have tangible impacts on gameplay.

Why are you spouting objectively incorrect "facts"?

Also going to mention re: lootboxes - we've seen what would have ORDINARILY been a mount reward for hitting Exalted now being locked behind "paragon" lootboxes. Further evidence that we could (and, let's be real here, probably !@#$ing will because there's far too much money to be made) end up with lootboxes in the store.
Love store mounts got 2 of them noting wrong with ! And its a nice way for blizz to make some bucks. If you wanna have a diff mount than anyone else put 25 euro down the table its not that much if you think about it you will get alot of hours out of it.
13/02/2018 12:36Posted by Ofensor
Objection, your honor. Speculation. There's no evidence to support that Blizzard would have put more mounts in the game if they did not have a store.

ofc its speculation but its a logical conclusion you can make. Would you keep producing things that don't sell ?
13/02/2018 14:15Posted by Postura
but its a logical conclusion you can make.
No it's quite illogical (or a fallacy) to assume that if someone doesn't do one thing they must do another.
13/02/2018 13:30Posted by Shaozu

Like I said before, they don't do it because they know the player base of non wallet warriors would kick off.

Luckily most people are not like you and instead choose to not eat up any garbage Blizzard put in their mouthes.

I personally haven't purchased anything from the store, because I have common sense, you however seem blinded to anything that contradicts your blinkered views...Sucks to be you I guess.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Also please post on your main so I can tell another one of you to git gud.

I've noticed the ones who defend MTX most vehemently are the ones who most need to git gud.

Coincidence? I think not.

Are you that insecure that you think an opinion is different down to character level...I worry for you tbh.

Besides what is your definition of 'Get Good'?

Also I havent purchased anything from the store, so there goes your assumptions.
13/02/2018 14:13Posted by Angaraz

You're calling level boosts, race changes and faction changes cosmetic? All of those have tangible impacts on gameplay.

Also going to mention re: lootboxes - we've seen what would have ORDINARILY been a mount reward for hitting Exalted now being locked behind "paragon" lootboxes. Further evidence that we could (and, let's be real here, probably !@#$ing will because there's far too much money to be made) end up with lootboxes in the store.

Again you are making assumptions because they favour your point of view with no concrete facts to hand.

Also could you please enlighten me on how Faction Changes and Race changes impact gameplay?

Again you are making assumptions because they favour your point of view with no concrete facts to hand.

Also could you please enlighten me on how Faction Changes and Race changes impact gameplay?

Racials. Many Priests race/faction changed to Goblin for Kil'jaeden, for example. They also have obvious impact on M+. Take a look at MDI, notice the sheer amount of BE strictly for Arcane Torrent because of how strong - nay, vital - interrupts are. This is also true for PvP, and always has been; Will of the Forsaken was a prime choice in Vanilla/TBC, Every Man for Himself from WOTLK->WoD (and even now). Racials are incredibly strong and have huge impact. Just because you don't see how they affect your WQ farming, doesn't mean they don't affect gameplay.
If loot boxes become mandatory I'm out, as will a large amount of people be.

If they are cosmetic loot boxes I won't give a damn.
13/02/2018 14:46Posted by Angaraz

Racials. Many Priests race/faction changed to Goblin for Kil'jaeden, for example. They also have obvious impact on M+. Take a look at MDI, notice the sheer amount of BE strictly for Arcane Torrent. This is true for PvP, and always has been. Will of the Forsaken in Vanilla/TBC, Every Man for Himself from WOTLK->WoD (and even now). Racials are incredibly strong and have huge impact. Just because they don't affect your WQ farming, doesn't mean they don't affect gameplay.

Well more fool the players with more money than sense then.
13/02/2018 14:33Posted by Ofensor
No it's quite illogical (or a fallacy) to assume that if someone doesn't do one thing they must do another.

like i said before you can draw a line if something doesn't sell well they stop production its basic economics so if people stopped buying them we wouldn't have storemounts.
blblbla been hearing this same old same old since wrath 2 store mounts in legion with lots of unique models in game during the expansion stop exadurating
12/02/2018 19:36Posted by Postura
12/02/2018 19:33Posted by Dottie
Then don't buy one, there you go, you're not being milked.

Thats a stupid counter argument before you know you have to pay for every zone to level or pay with real money for a exp boost or whatever.

also has been said since wotlk still hasnt happened.......
13/02/2018 14:59Posted by Robbie
12/02/2018 19:36Posted by Postura

Thats a stupid counter argument before you know you have to pay for every zone to level or pay with real money for a exp boost or whatever.

If you're willing to believe ActivisionBlizzard like the word of God, more fool you I guess.
13/02/2018 14:48Posted by Postura
like i said before you can draw a line if something doesn't sell well they stop production its basic economics so if people stopped buying them we wouldn't have storemounts.
Yeah I get that. It was also said that "if people didn't buy mounts > no more mount shop > more mounts in game". I'm saying, no, that's not how it works.

Someone wanted a store for vanity items and commissioned an in-house artist or thirty to make them happen. No store? No need to create them.

Basically.. if Blizzard ended the store tomorrow you will have lost something and gained nothing.
What i find hilarious was the amount of people that got their pitchforks and torches ready when they saw the mount was released in the China shop but not EU / US .

Now that the mount is in store the conversation changed from why is EU /US getting shafted to Don't you dare open your wallet and buy that mount !!!

People will do what they want to do , if they want to spend those bucks and get it nothing you can say or do will change their minds , same way my in my opinion none of the store mounts are worth the price tag .

Just reserve your anger gasoline and matches if they ever make lootboxes in store a thing , then we can riot .Until then the lot of you that bought the puppy enjoy it :).
12/02/2018 20:00Posted by Ellinor
If you support this by buying from the ingame store, you support Blizzard going even further with ingame transactions. What's next, pay to win with lootboxes that reward raid gear?

And again also has been said since wotlk.........
13/02/2018 09:55Posted by Rälph
13/02/2018 09:46Posted by Zerenity
You don't keep a game alive by adding more and more microtransactions, you keep it alive by making it a good game that people want to play. More players = more box sales + subscription money, it can't be that hard to understand?

You seem to be the one who doesnt understand, more micro transactions>>>>>>>more box sales+subs these days.
https://i.imgur.com/kF5H1sl.png
How many box sales and sub is this? And why should blizzard spend ridiculous amounts of effort trying to pander to some entitled whiny crybabies who think content should be ever flowing that also whine about balance and every single bloody change because they spend all day in wow and not focus on just attracting people who are adults, have a job and can spend money on micro transactions cuz i am not the only one.
And i am also a reasonable customer which doesnt cry and hate the devs everytime they change something as if i believe spending money in WoW means the dev team should pander to everything i want compared to entitled kids who think because they pay a sub the dev team should bend over backwards to do whatever he wants.

The subs are irrelevant, that is why they also stopped bothering revealing sub numbers, they also know that they will never again get huge sub numbers because they know they cant pander to everyone or create content as fast as some neets consume.

Best part?His parents payed for all that.

keep it up Ralphie
13/02/2018 14:59Posted by Robbie

Well actually it did happen have you seen the level 110 boost ?