Do NOT buy store mounts!!

General
Prev 1 15 16 17 26 Next
13/02/2018 15:03Posted by Angaraz
13/02/2018 14:59Posted by Robbie
also has been said since wotlk still hasnt happened.......

If you're willing to believe ActivisionBlizzard like the word of God, more fool you I guess.

What word of blizzard it a FACT people been saying the exact same things since the first store mount back in WotLK, oh what next gear extra zones ect ect ect non of those have happened in those almost 9 years since.......
Tbh only Celestial Steed looks fancy.
13/02/2018 15:07Posted by Robbie
What word of blizzard it a FACT people been saying the exact same things since the first store mount back in WotLK, oh what next gear extra zones ect ect ect non of those have happened in those almost 9 years since.......

mabye you like being milked for cash but i don't.Micro-transaction are a cancer to gaming. If people can't understand that they are blind.
13/02/2018 15:04Posted by Sánguinar
Best part?His parents payed for all that.

keep it up Ralphie

Your emotional reaction is understandable, cant imagine people you dont like having a brain and making good life choices while you are the poor victim who the evil unfair world didnt allow become successful xD

Maybe if you spend more time IRL improving that instead of using games as a form of escapism you wouldnt have such problems ;^)

Ps i ve also spend 120eu on porg plushes and around 500 on commissions of you know what :3
13/02/2018 15:12Posted by Postura
mabye you like being milked for cash but i don't.Micro-transaction are a cancer to gaming. If people can't understand that they are blind.

Nobody is milking you for money unless you allow them too , Blizz ain't gonna jump you in a dark alley steal your wallet and use your credit card to buy store mounts .

It's not the companies forcing people buy lootcrates , it's the players choice and as long as there will be people willing to buy it they will exist .
13/02/2018 15:17Posted by Rälph
Your emotional reaction is understandable, cant imagine people you dont like having a brain and making good life choices while you are the poor victim who the evil unfair world didnt allow become successful xD

Maybe if you spend more time IRL improving that instead of using games as a form of escapism you wouldnt have such problems ;^)

Ps i ve also spend 120eu on porg plushes and around 500 on commissions of you know what :3

Shame all that money can't buy you a more pleasent personality.
13/02/2018 15:21Posted by Kazejin
Nobody is milking you for money unless you allow them too , Blizz ain't gonna jump you in a dark alley steal your wallet and use your credit card to buy store mounts .

It's not the companies forcing people buy lootcrates , it's the players choice and as long as there will be people willing to buy it they will exist .

Its both parties at fault here lootboxes falls under gambling. Micro-transaction are here to get some easy money shouldn't be need in a game where you already payed 60 and 13 a month this should be content ingame not just some stupid cash shop.
13/02/2018 13:14Posted by Shaozu
Too bad I can't be bothered to put such effort into writing a well thought out post because I already know the responses i'll get and realise it's a waste of time reasoning with some of the individuals here.

DERP DA DERP BUT IT'S KOSMETIC BROOO

Could say the same thing. Waste of time trying to reason with you people, because all you can do, is insult anyone who disagrees with you and has a different view/opinion.
Anyone who dares "defend" Blizzard (or you know, don't mind what changes in the game or simple cosmetic items in shop), are mongs, melts(?), idiots, whiteknights, fanboys, paid by Blizz and likes to get screwed over by them and "needs to git gud"... Did I miss any of them? :P

We don't mind the cosmetic items the way that they are in the store now and everyone is against pay-to-win and rng lootboxes, some people here should try to understand that. But yeah again, whatever we say doesn't matter because you ignore facts to your own convenience and we're just idiots.

But then again, WoW has been dying/dead since TBC and lootboxes would be added once the store kicked off according to some people. But guess what, none of those things have happend. xD
13/02/2018 12:29Posted by Postura
13/02/2018 11:45Posted by Punyelf
Exactly, but they conveniently ignore facts xD
`

it is a slippery slope if no one bought that mount we would have had more mounts ingame but people just being bled for money some how. Also micro-transaction weren't as big a deal as it is now.

I don't agree. They wouldn't have bothered doing them at all if no one bought them. It would just have been a failed venture.
Many people have said how this kind of 'slippery slope' argument has been going on since the sparkle pony, and that the doom and gloom, end of the world, 'you mark my words', certainties haven't happened yet.

What I'm waiting for is someone to someone to respond to that without being insulting or actually not answering it at all.

Sure, just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't happen in the future, but that's the same for many unlikely events. Yes there is a trend in the gaming industry right now, but that doesn't mean that an individual buying a store mount is going to cause the downfall of WoW or any other gaming.

There is no cause and effect here, at least not that anyone has pointed out.
13/02/2018 16:00Posted by Punyelf
I don't agree. They wouldn't have bothered doing them at all if no one bought them. It would just have been a failed venture.

then stop buying it how hard is that if no one bought it would be ingame obtainable.
13/02/2018 16:23Posted by Postura
13/02/2018 16:00Posted by Punyelf

then stop buying it how hard is that if no one bought it would be ingame obtainable.

Again, you don't know that, these mounts may have been created for the store specifically or, in the case of the dog, simply not released outside of it's home country.
I think people interpretering the original post as the OP "telling you what to do with your money" are sort of missing the point the OP is trying to make here. If anything it's pointing out negative consequences that buying the mount might have.
Now as for the whole "loot boxes, pay to exp, pay to get zones" slippery slope argument going on, also very unlikely to happen, as argumented below.

In the end the entire discussion boils down to one simple (and obvious) fact: "Blizzard is a company". And as a company they go where the money flows. If they get the impression they make the most money out of adding an Orc-based stripclub in Exodar, that's exactly what they're going to do. If you reward Blizzard for x, they will continue to do x. If you pay Blizzard to add mounts to the store, they will continue to add mounts to the store.

"But I like the new mounts so I buy them". If mounts were not a success and received more negative backlash than purchases, the same effort put into those mounts would've been put into the game. That's what your subscription is for, it's to make sure the servers keep running, services are provided, and more content is added. The subscription is you already paying (buying) for new content (including mounts) to be made. When paying for mounts and pets you're essentially paying double.

That's pretty much what happend in Warlords of Dreanor; too much pushing of store mounts, boosts, and cash grabs, too little focus on the game itself (read as: little worth out of the subscription purchase). They saw their profits decrease, so they stepped away from the store mounts for a while, and a lot more focus was spend on the game (including cool unique in-game mounts) in Legion.

I think they learned their lesson with WoD, it's unlikely they'll push it that far again. You're free to spend as you like, just keep in mind what you're supporting (indirectly in the case of Tokens).
13/02/2018 16:26Posted by Lokirilian
Again, you don't know that, these mounts may have been created for the store specifically or, in the case of the dog, simply not released outside of it's home country.

Agian, if people didn't buy them they most likely would have been put in the game or we would have had something else. as it stand people just trow there money in the fire asking blizzard how big do they want the bonfire to be.
13/02/2018 17:27Posted by Postura
13/02/2018 16:26Posted by Lokirilian

Agian, if people didn't buy them they most likely would have been put in the game or we would have had something else. as it stand people just trow there money in the fire asking blizzard how big do they want the bonfire to be.

But as people have continually pointed out to you, there is no evidence of this, it is purely supposition on the sides of both parties.