I don't raid so, when BFA hits what weapon will use?

General
07/03/2018 13:29Posted by Punyelf
Kind of mean to post how/why our artifact are going when not everyone is aware/has actively avoided spoilers.

I thought this was pretty widely known already? Like blizzard already announced we'd be losing them pretty vocally and I don't know anyone who didn't know how.
I will be very happy artifact is away.

Reason I missed use staff for my shadow and fire mage.
Also enhancement shaman's fists. Boring use maces or axes.

I was don't care artifact weapons. I nothing try farms skins.

Hoped weapons back from drops and leveling give weapons
I found the idea of using all of our combined artifacts really stupid

I mean combining weapons powers like Aluneth, Ulthalesh, Sargeras Scepter, etc. Into one spot....Wouldn't that make the universe explode or create a gigantic universal black hole ?

Edit: Also lets throw an old god in it sounds like a great idea
07/03/2018 13:35Posted by Herefeth
07/03/2018 13:27Posted by Pivke
im sad to see artifact weapons gone.
as a non raider, i will never have a good weapon again. a crappy purple from dungeon is the best i can hope for.

Seeing how the relic system works, you STILL had a crappy purple from a dungeon, this one was just painted to look shiny, with a lore-relevant name and backstory(sometimes not even that though).

Relics can TF, Weapons in BfA can not TF.
Im looking forward to new weapon drops again. relics have been such a bad replacement for weapons.
07/03/2018 13:45Posted by Pivke
i was able to upgrade my weapon(s) to levels way above any content that i can realistically do.

In WoD, there were craftable weapons that could be upgraded past the LFR level. It's likely that they will add something like this. I doubt they'll go back to "raid or suck" after in Legion they made a good attempt of making gear (sets, trinkets) more accessible to non-raiders.
Kind of mean to post how/why our artifact are going when not everyone is aware/has actively avoided spoilers.

Anyone actively avoiding spoilers is actively avoiding this thread too.
I don't really mind loosing the weapon itself. What does worry me is how barren and slow our class specs are going to feel once the artifact traits are gone.
07/03/2018 17:02Posted by Kooki
I don't really mind loosing the weapon itself. What does worry me is how barren and slow our class specs are going to feel once the artifact traits are gone.

For me it's the opposite. I will adapt to the new mechanics in BfA, but I'll miss Xal'atath and her whispers.
07/03/2018 17:07Posted by Ragni

For me it's the opposite. I will adapt to the new mechanics in BfA, but I'll miss Xal'atath and her whispers.

Maybe it depends on the spec but for me I will be loosing instant Blizzards and an entire spell that I have got used to having in my rotation. When I think about how my spec will play without both those things it just doesn't seem very appealing from a game play point of view. I'm hoping Blizzard will have something planned to keep our specs being fun once the traits and artifact abilities are removed.
Void Torrent for example becomes an end tier talent for shadowpriests
https://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#X
07/03/2018 14:29Posted by Deathenei

I thought this was pretty widely known already? Like blizzard already announced we'd be losing them pretty vocally and I don't know anyone who didn't know how.
It's the way that you lose them, he was referring to.

There's no spoiler title in the thread etc.

We know that we're losing them, some people prefer not to spoil themselves.

On the other note, I'm glad that artifact weapons are going.

I can finally use 1H weapon / shield on my holy paladin again.

It was annoying that I couldn't do many mogs, simply due to the fact that I couldn't get 1H/Shield.
USE THE GOD DAMN SPOILER TAG OR REFRAIN FROM WRITING SPOILERS! THE NERVE!
old news is not spoilers.
07/03/2018 20:23Posted by Karrak

Last I checked the artifact quest is not in-game yet. I managed to avoid all spoilers about how we lose the artifacts up until this damn post. !@#$ing hell.
07/03/2018 20:23Posted by Karrak
The artifact questline isn't in the game yet, thus it's a spoiler.

There's a reason that people avoid topics with spoilers in it, so they don't ruin it themselves.

Unfortunately that's what happens with every expansion, haste values and so on get nerved to the ground so your character feels like there in bullet time.
So for one expansion I was the lich king... now I become... just another frost dk :(
A staff.

I missed using a Pitchfork as a Shadow Priest! :(
WOD had PVP weapons available for those who did Arenas/Ashran/Bgs or used Gladiator Sanctum in garrison.