This Game Expensive For Turkish Player.

General
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
Tell Erdog to respect human rights, to leave the kurds alone and to follow EU rules so your country can enter the EU and then you can replace your lira with EUR (€) and et voilà you'll be paying the same as most of EU. Ezpz.
Nothing Blizzard can do anything about though.

Just because your country is poor and lack investors, it doesn't mean you should get stuff cheaper than the rest of the world. That's life - deal with it. For example, a month of gametime costs around ~130 SEK where I live. That's just the way it is with international markets.
05/03/2018 18:49Posted by Irai
Tell Erdog to respect human rights, to leave the kurds alone and to follow EU rules so your country can enter the EU and then you can replace your lira with EUR (€) and et voilà you'll be paying the same as most of EU. Ezpz.

Just because your country is poor and lack investors, it doesn't mean you should get stuff cheaper than the rest of the world. That's life - deal with it. For example, a month of gametime costs around ~130 SEK where I live. That's just the way it is with international markets.

At the moments its relatively more expensive to him and he asks to pay the same amount (e.g. 0.5% of salery) as other people do
05/03/2018 19:06Posted by Ogdh
05/03/2018 18:49Posted by Irai

At the moments its relatively more expensive to him and he asks to pay the same amount (e.g. 0.5% of salery) as other people do

Its about value of currency, not about how much it is based on average income.
If that was the case, everything in alot of countries would be supercheap.
OP, on the bright side... what you pay for food there in Turkey I'd have to pay 10 times as much here for the same thing. ;)
05/03/2018 19:06Posted by Ogdh
05/03/2018 19:08Posted by Sinistra
Its about value of currency, not about how much it is based on average income.
If that was the case, everything in alot of countries would be supercheap.
This. If your country is poor, and the average income is low, then the world doesn't adjust itself for your country. That's not how the world works. If he can't afford the game, he should consider quitting.
@All: Income levels vary within countries, too, not just regions. I have no problem paying my subscription... Despite the fact that a friend of mine has an income about 8 times as high (before taxes) as I do per month and he considers his salary only barely above average for his position. Another friend lives far away to south, in a different country. She has not told me very many details of her finances, but as far as I can tell, even she manages to pay for her internet access and WoW subscription, despite having even less income than I do, because food, housing and other things do not cost quite as much as they do here.

@Museki: I very much agree with your first post. Gaming is a luxury and a hobby. As for the specific cost of WoW subscription... A single movie ticket costs more. Despite a time of day discount, my four (or five) visits to swimming hall per month make a bigger hole in my pocket than WoW does. My Spanish course (52 lessons, each 45 minutes long, per year) costs about the same as seven months of WoW, toss in the course book and the costs exceed a year of WoW... and so on.

EDIT: Minor typo.
Literally what do you want Blizzard to do?

It doesn't matter if to you a month of WoW is 90% of your paycheck if to Blizzard that transfers to less than $10.
Please leave politics out of Blizzard forums.
If you can't afford the montly wow subscrition you can get from wowtokens with in game gold. I get 1 token per month with very little dedication.
II haven't paid for any game time since the token was introduced.
How is this thread still up? So much politics bias and racism going on.

~
Greetings from Belarus/Ukraine. I myself couldn't afford to buy a game and pay for a sub for a loong time, but wow tokens were a godsend, it was really nice for Blizzard to do that.

My advice to you is to learn to make gold, once you learn what works for you on your realm it pretty much becomes passive. Not to mention that gold making can be fun in itself, many of us play this game for this aspect only :) I personally got into it at the end of WoD and bought every single game from Blizzard shop since then, prepurchased BfA, etc. Good luck :)
4 things people can't choose:

- parents
- nationality
- appearance
- president of Turkey
05/03/2018 17:25Posted by Durlan
So, let me get this straight, you want the same access to the product as everyone else, but you do not wish to pay the same as everyone else?
I currently live in Norway and cigarettes here cost about 120 crowns/11 euro. If i go to Turkey i can get the same cigarettes for more then half that price. The same goes for clothes, food and pretty much anything else, except WoW.

World of warcraft is the same price everywhere, which for me here in Norway is great because it's not the highest price and affordable, however for someone who lives in a country with a lower income and with a currency that has a lower value then the Norwegian Crown it can be a great chunk out of your income.

So 60 lira/13 euro might not be allot of most of us, it is still allot for some countries. Personally i think if Blizzard would adjust the subscription prices accordingly to a countries income/currency value then more people would be able to afford playing this game.

And yes i know "but then i have to pay more". Guess what? I'm already paying more money for everything in Norway then what someone pays for the same things in another country because Norway is bloody expensive, however the salary here is also higher then in other countries. I can get a car in Sweden for half the price that i have to pay here in Norway.( I know what you're thinking, then buy the car in Sweden and use it in Norway. Thought about it but the import cost and tax regulations to get that car to Norway on legal terms would make the car even more expensive).
Behold ye folks! Average intellect of EU is on display!

LoL man, the OP has legit claims for the affordability of the game. Gaming is a hobby but not a luxury. It was luxury in 90s.
WoW's payment methods are outdated. They have to offer more payment options or terms.

For Eastern Europe, they can consider opening new servers that accept payment in local currencies. There are companies doing that and a lot more successful than WoW in terms of revenue generation. So please stop being a fanboy and be constructive.

Also @MVP, you literally contributed ZERO value to this post. So I guess this is how you become an MVP. The OP does not talk about your friends income level but his. His income level probably reflects average income level of Turkey. You need to use the ratio of game's fee over minimum wage or similar. Then you can compare countries and make some conclusions.
05/03/2018 17:18Posted by Museki
Gaming is a luxury, if you can't afford it.. then what do you expect?

Turkey's minimum wage is more than people in the Eastern Europe and they can still manage to play :p

Well to be fair, Blizzard charge the same amount for everything across the world, like there is no difference between $ and EUR, which is a complete rip off. If you are lucky to live in a country that uses $, you will get stuff much more cheaper.
06/03/2018 08:29Posted by Penthésilea

LoL man, the OP has legit claims for the affordability of the game. Gaming is a hobby but not a luxury. It was luxury in 90s.
WoW's payment methods are outdated. They have to offer more payment options or terms.

For Eastern Europe, they can consider opening new servers that accept payment in local currencies. There are companies doing that and a lot more successful than WoW in terms of revenue generation. So please stop being a fanboy and be constructive.

Behold, ladies and gentlemen! The average internet psychologist EU version!
I am from Eastern Europe and I say NO to local servers. Never in the history of gaming did that end up well.
I live with about 250 euro/month and I can still afford the sub.
Also do not call people fanboys when you're white knighting.
And please do give examples when you claim such things.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I jsut realized. How does 12.99 divided by 4.70 equals 60?
That just made this thread a hundred times funnier.

60 divided by 12.99 is 4.62

Guys I know OP is wrong to ask for this, but do try to use your brains before trying to mock his maths.

OP's statement: 1 TRY = ~4.7 EUR
True statement: 1 EUR = ~4.7 TRY

His maths is to be mocked.

06/03/2018 07:34Posted by Dev
4 things people can't choose:

- parents
- nationality
- appearance
- president of Turkey

I lol'd. Priceless, well played Sir! :))))

I'm East European, and I'd rather play on English realms, even if they did make some kind of localized realms for us that would be cheaper. Besides, did you consider some logistical problems attached to this? What language would they work in? Russian? Not all Eastern European people speak Russian, and there are Russian realms already anyway. Would it be financially sound to make localizations in a dozzen languages, update localizations at every patch and deal with this logistical nightmare? Would these realms have large enough populations?

Also @MVP, you literally contributed ZERO value to this post. So I guess this is how you become an MVP. The OP does not talk about your friends income level but his. His income level probably reflects average income level of Turkey. You need to use the ratio of game's fee over minimum wage or similar. Then you can compare countries and make some conclusions.

Erm, nope, gaming is still a luxury, deal with it?
You can go ahead and develop a special game for those regions, we will wait.

Also, MVPs are not meant to contribute, they are just like you and I when opinions are concerned.

And how did you add anything to the thread aside from another moan?
The thing is that you're not buying access to the game in Turkey, within the Turkish economy.

You're buying it from, I believe, Germany, where the datacenters are located. Frankfurt, isn't it?

If you ordered a jacket on Amazon from Germany, would you complain that it was expensive compared to buying a jacket in Turkey? Obviously in this case there is no local alternative to WoW the way there is to buying a jacket, but my point remains. You're buying from another country's economy.
I couldn't care less about anyones economics here. If you wanna play the game pay like everyone else if you can't afford it the game might not be for you.

Yeah, no. As someone who had to eat every other day to pay for the rent during a time of my life not being able to play a certain game is not what you should care about when you have very little money.

And I say >certain< game because there's tons of f2p games out there. Even a RL pack of cards that you can buy for a few cents can get you hours of fun.

It's really weird to see that people think that owning a certain game is a primary need. It is not. It's like saying you should be able to own a ferrari because you need to get from a to b. You can use your legs, a bike, maybe a moped or even a cheaper car. But nope, want = need, apparently. (edit: woops, forgot public transport but that's so expensive over here that owning a small, cheap car is actually cheaper even if you count all the extra costs).

Though I'm sorry, op, that you have to be in that situation. I'm not looking down upon that at all, I'm just saying that your focus may be in the wrong place. Even so, good luck and hopefully you find a way to pay for the subscription.