I am genuinely curious, with regards to Boost service

General
With being able to Boost a character for awhile now right off the bat, and playing a class near or on level cap... people are bound to be clueless with the class initially. The following concept shouldn't cause much issue I'd imagine;

So with that being said, would people be opposed to the idea of a Class Change service? It can be made more expensive than a level boost, with a considerable repeat usage restriction to curb "FOTM" rollers.

As it is, a lot of people wouldn't bother with the level boost simply because it is still relatively quick to level up.

Though I honestly wouldn't mind such a service. A lot of people are put off to the idea of changing their main because of attachments to the character, not wanting to redo rep, collections [including professions], etc... And as such, I would gladly fork out extra for a class change.

Plus Blizzard would gain an untapped area for money, so would be in their interest. ;)
I think Blizzard already stated once that doing a class change is a whole different ball game than altering levels or changing a race, like far, far more complex and easily breakable.

Also, you can just level boost another character, odds are the classes you're swapping between would be incompatible and you'd have to lose everything you had anyway.
18/02/2018 17:54Posted by Moozah
Also, you can just level boost another character, odds are the classes you're swapping between would be incompatible and you'd have to lose everything you had anyway.

Not really, they can be given basic gear like a boosted character on switch. Class quests / mounts, etc. can be changed to their equivalents. They already do that for faction changes.
Seems a little like the FFXIV where a character can be all classes. It probably won't happen because
1. this service will directly compete with the level boost and
2. is a lot more powerful than the boost, because it's basically making a new class at max level, the gear will still be there(and there won't be set bonuses in BfA, so it's going to be directly usable in some cases) and the amount of azerite collected in the medallion will probably be kept too.

tl;dr
Too OP, and will actually decrease the amount of play time.
More expensive? o,0

Sheeshj, stop with giving them a free pass on such prices. :p
18/02/2018 18:04Posted by Shumensko
1. this service will directly compete with the level boost and

Doubt that. Different audiences, like I said... a lot of people don't bother with level boosts to begin with and still level as normal, so there's no money being gained there. This'd open a new source of money for Blizzard, targeting people that don't buy boosts, at all, but are interested in changing their main.

Plus, as I said, ought to be made more expensive than a level boost.

Blizzard would gain more money, not less.

18/02/2018 18:04Posted by Shumensko
2. is a lot more powerful than the boost, because it's basically making a new class at max level, the gear will still be there(and there won't be set bonuses in BfA, so it's going to be directly usable in some cases) and the amount of azerite collected in the medallion will probably be kept too.

tl;dr
Too OP, and will actually decrease the amount of play time.

Failing to see the issue, though if it is such they could have all gear removed to be given a basic set on change? Some "drawbacks" on class changing?

With regards to the tl;dr, it shouldn't affect the amount of play time. If someone plays for 2 hours a day, that's still 2 hours a day... what they do with it is irrelevant.
18/02/2018 17:42Posted by Harlee
A lot of people are put off to the idea of changing their main because of attachments to the character
Ehh, I was only put off from swapping as due to the legendaries.

Once I got my BiS legendaries on my monk, I rerolled.

Much more fun to play and less RNG based.

Overall, they've pretty much stated that they won't be doing class changes.
18/02/2018 18:16Posted by Tahamine

Don't know why retain that stance when the level boost already breaches it.
why whould anyone buy this if it be more expensive then a boost, since you can jsut boost a character of the class you want?
18/02/2018 18:25Posted by Harlee
18/02/2018 18:16Posted by Tahamine

How so?
18/02/2018 18:31Posted by Robbie
why whould anyone buy this if it be more expensive then a boost, since you can jsut boost a character of the class you want?

Suggest reading the OP? I gave reason why...

18/02/2018 18:35Posted by Tahamine
18/02/2018 18:25Posted by Harlee

How so?

They are almost identical, the only difference being one isn't a fresh character.
18/02/2018 18:31Posted by Robbie

Suggest reading the OP? I gave reason why...

i did i meant a real reason.... the atachment to character is total bs since you be changing the class.
Also pot kettle black you didnt even read ther op of the other topic you responded in......
18/02/2018 18:40Posted by Robbie
i did i meant a real reason.... the atachment to character is total bs since you be changing the class.

"BS" is subjective. People can have numerous reasons to being 'attached' to their character... I already said such reasons [a completionist not wanting to redo all old rep, having professions with recipes no longer available, etc.].

That is just your own opinion.

18/02/2018 18:40Posted by Robbie
Also pot kettle black you didnt even read ther op of the other topic you responded in......

A thread about Argus WQs reputation, myself stating that WQs seem to randomly hand out varying rep isn't related?

Try harder.
18/02/2018 18:13Posted by Harlee
With regards to the tl;dr, it shouldn't affect the amount of play time. If someone plays for 2 hours a day, that's still 2 hours a day... what they do with it is irrelevant.

No idea if there will be class specific content in BfA, but the main reason I leveled(well, mostly boosted) alts in Legion was to play the different class campaigns. If I could just class change instead, keeping most of my gear, and having to only farm legendaries for my new class, I'd probably play ~half of the time I did. I'd just farm the mage tower and +15, switch class, rinse and repeat. Then probably unsub, because I'm not in a raiding guild.
18/02/2018 19:01Posted by Shumensko
18/02/2018 18:13Posted by Harlee

No idea if there will be class specific content in BfA, but the main reason I leveled(well, mostly boosted) alts in Legion was to play the different class campaigns. If I could just class change instead, keeping most of my gear, and having to only farm legendaries for my new class, I'd probably play ~half of the time I did. I'd just farm the mage tower and +15, switch class, rinse and repeat. Then probably unsub, because I'm not in a raiding guild.

Well, I did suggest to have a considerable usage restriction on it [to prevent "FOTM" rollers]... a number of months cooldown to make use of again --- the service should be tailored for the long term, not at a whim.
Considering we have the DH class ingame that starts at level 98 (or 100), it would make boosts completely useless. Blizzard wants you to play their game. Leveling is an aspect of playing the game.

Creating a 98 DH - Leveling is out of the starter zone - congratulations, you have a 100 char in the means of 2 hours. Blizzard would be crazy to do that.
Hello Harlee, mon. Glad ya got rid o' dat ugly helmet!
would people be opposed to the idea of a Class Change service?

Yes, it doesn't belong in WoW.
18/02/2018 19:45Posted by Kubluku
Hello Harlee, mon. Glad ya got rid o' dat ugly helmet!

I be beautiful now

18/02/2018 20:11Posted by Raizee
would people be opposed to the idea of a Class Change service?

Yes, it doesn't belong in WoW.

And yet we got level boosts, which is 'almost' the same thing.
Blizzard has no problems with changing classes/specs, sometimes completely. Being able to change your class would only be fair. I'll give you an example why.

Back in the days, when I decided to start an Enhancement Shaman, it was a 2H class with a lot of abilities and totems as well. With BC they changed 2H to DW. Later they pruned even the most iconic abilities. And now it's basicly a totem-less shadow of itself. I do respect people who still like the spec. I do not.

Maybe things will change enough in BfA so I like Enhancement again, maybe not. Who knows. But I know for sure that, if I had the chance to change the class I would have done so. I mean hey, if that option exists I could switch back later.

And being able to class change instead of just starting a new character is not only convenient but important. There are still achievements and titles that aren't account wide, like the old High Warlord title for example.

The problem however is, as always when it comes to choice, the people here tend to fight the idea even though nobody will take anything away from them. And Blizzard on the other side is too narrow-minded to see the advantages for us players or they will come up with the usual lore weasel out explanation... although they bend the lore whenever they feel like it.