Straight back orcs, mag'har, zandalari, nightborne

General
Personally I would say the Dark Iron are on par with the Zandalari. They look like they've definitely had some care and attention, not only that, the heritage armour is god damn A-class and I wish I could use it on all my plate wearers.

However I'm in the camp that the current crop of races has been...a bit lackluster (which kind of makes sense, they're saving the best two for expac launch). The effort put into the Lightforged Draenei and the High Mountain tauren is...well...very lackluster in my opinion. The Void Elves and the Nightborne are both...ok...not great just ok.

Currently we have nothing that really stands up to the AU Orcs however, there is just such a breadth of customisation in that one race alone, all the clans are catered for and they do look god damn awesome.

I suspect this is why the fourth Allied race for Alliance hasn't been announced yet. I imagine they're sort of testing the waters and probing, seeing what people like the look of before making a choice.

Obviously there is the unconfirmed option of Vulpera but that makes little sense for the Alliance due to the fact they are in the Horde content whilst levelling and seem to primarily be the Horde friendly faction.

We have the Tortollen but they seem to be Zandalari allies as well, the only ones allowed to have an enclave in the city who aren't Trolls.

You have the renegade Sethrak who seek out the players help and, personally, my favorite choice but even I have to admit the problem with helms and the lack of an obvious female model probably sticks them at a much later date than say the AU Orcs (who are nearly ready to go). They already dislike the Zandalari and aren't exactly keen on the other horde races so....a very big maybe...

Still remember #snekpeoplebestpeople.

Then we've got the Kul'tiran humans who, lets be honest, are the most likely pick but compared to the breadth of customisation that the AU Orcs get, is kind of amazingly limited and I can see why people feel they're lackluster. Considering the various clan orc customisation was basically the Horde Equivalent of High Elves (much demanded for god knows how long) instead we get shaved Pandas (I swear both the male and female body are based on the Pandaren body).
28/02/2018 19:06Posted by Nese
28/02/2018 19:04Posted by Vex
Sadly we are dominated by elves.
According to realmpop there are ~20% Blood Elves and ~15% humans at max level out of all races. Though it seems it hasn't been updated in a while because there are no allied races listed.

That's only a 5% difference, incase your math is lacking.

Yet again I need to tell you off, I would personally suggest you just point blank stop commenting on the forums all you do is make comments that are insulting someone.

Honestly I've never known someone to call someone else a baby when you're the prime example of someone who is no doubt in there 20s with the mindset of a 12 year old.

Grow up.
The kul tirans comes for alliance when the horde gets the brown orcs.
a better race that the alliance could get is the vry'krl , there cool, rich in lore, there models in game and they have reason to join- damage to stormhime and northered by the hordes use of plauge and sylvanas's interactions with helya the lead to the near enslavement of eyir .
there classes be- warrior, sharman, warlock, hunter, monk , death knight and druid
also being fat dose not qualifie you as being an new race if your human
if anything it should be a body chose when creating a charater
You are pretty much forced to get the kultirans since they are the main race of the alliance continent, whereas horde gets the zandalari, the main race of the other continent.
28/02/2018 21:11Posted by Karrak
You are pretty much forced to get the kultirans since they are the main race of the alliance continent, whereas horde gets the zandalari, the main race of the other continent.

I was surprised Kul'Tiran wasn't announced for Alliance. It would make sense.
28/02/2018 19:57Posted by Jesi
28/02/2018 19:55Posted by Cysia
I find that all allied races look very good :(

All minus Highmountain Tauren

>=(
28/02/2018 11:55Posted by Kaharine
We won the first set of Allied races, Horde won the second set.

Good joke mate, void elves are more ugly belves with lore that came out of nowhere. And the lightforged are basicly just draenei with some tattoos you will never see and shiny eyes.

The alliance didnt win the first set of the allied races at all
It is all about preference my friend.
28/02/2018 21:51Posted by Oldmangeorge
28/02/2018 11:55Posted by Kaharine
We won the first set of Allied races, Horde won the second set.

Good joke mate, void elves are more ugly belves with lore that came out of nowhere. And the lightforged are basicly just draenei with some tattoos you will never see and shiny eyes.

The alliance didnt win the first set of the allied races at all
Preference.

Highmountain taurens are just taurens with antlers lol.

Nightborne are skinny versions of the NPCs with barely any face options.

Lightforged are white draenei with tattoos, but they have cool hairstyles :p

Void elves have the most customisation out of the 4 allied races.

I'd consider the alliance side winning in terms of customisation :p
Horde are the best thats why
28/02/2018 11:46Posted by Srav
Why even play Alliance anymore ? Especially as a druid

The Horde still doesn't have a druid capable race that appeals to me. The hideous Zandalari moonkin form doesn't change that.
I would even accept high elves at this point honestly, even though I was never really a fan, they at least have the "old time warcraft" feel to them. Humans will never be interesting to me and the hype difference between the freaking straight backed uncorrupted brown orcs and kinda meh kul tirans makes the difference between ally and horde allied races even more obvious (and that's on top of the amazing zandalari).

My picks would be Vrykul, Naga, Furbolgs or Satyr-like night elves (or rather that concept fanart of night elf worgens, it would also give them the incentive to fix the neglected worgen).
28/02/2018 22:04Posted by Thôriel
I would even accept high elves at this point honestly, even though I was never really a fan, they at least have the "old time warcraft" feel to them. Humans will never be interesting to me and the hype difference between the freaking straight backed uncorrupted brown orcs and kinda meh kul tirans makes the difference between ally and horde allied races even more obvious (and that's on top of the amazing zandalari).

My picks would be Vrykul, Naga, Furbolgs or Satyr-like night elves (or rather that concept fanart of night elf worgens, it would also give them the incentive to fix the neglected worgen).

Indeed. The Kul´Tiran human models are so underwhelming. Valajar Vrykuls would have been a kick-!@# choice.
01/03/2018 00:54Posted by Morbain
28/02/2018 22:04Posted by Thôriel

Indeed. The Kul´Tiran human models are so underwhelming. Valajar Vrykuls would have been a kick-!@# choice.

But so far all allied races have been variations of playable races already on that faction with the exception of NB and Velfs.
Kultiras humans seem to be the counterpart to the new orcs for the horde.
It's possible later down the line allied races will be more along the lines of new races like Vrykruls.
Kultirans is the counterpart to the zandalari. The primary races of the two continents. The suprising thing is just that they dont release them as the first allied BFA race for alliance instead of dark irons. But my feeling is that they are saving the kultiran for an orc vs humans content patch.
01/03/2018 01:23Posted by Karrak
Kultirans is the counterpart to the zandalari. The primary races of the two continents. The suprising thing is just that they dont release them as the first allied BFA race for alliance instead of dark irons. But my feeling is that they are saving the kultiran for an orc vs humans content patch.

Its hard to say which way around it is as they seem to fit both criteria.
But we don't know why/ how dark irons become an allied race.
They might end up being more involved in the story than it seems and be a logical counterpart to the zandalari
Yeah, we will see soon enough.
It will be very interesting to see what Ally do get to counter all the Horde's amazing choices.

I'm finding it hard to justify playing anything other than a Mag'har warrior when they release, god damn.
28/02/2018 11:46Posted by Srav
Why even play Alliance anymore ?
Especially as a druid

I sincerely wish I could play with my Horde buddies with a druid character with a nice humanoid body shape. One that isn't a monster person with either huge horns portruding through every headpiece, comically huge tusks, a hunched back or all of the above.

Too much to ask I guess.