Am I the only one who likes the personal loot changes?

General
Am I honestly the only one who likes the new "possible" personal loot changes? Personally, raiding in top 25-50 guilds as a tank or a healer, you never get loot, if a DPS needs it, which is kinda dumb, considering that it's a game we play for fun and enjoyment afterall. So according to this, tanks and healers would have to wait for weeks to get their BIS items. Atleast it's this way for me in many guilds.

I'm a tank and I've cleared Antorus mythic since it came available, I've only got 2 pieces of gear from the RCL and 3 from Bonus Rolls from 31 bosses, so basicly without my bonus roll luck which I'm usually incredibly good at, I would have got 2 pieces of gear from 31 bosses, That's just ridiculous!

Lemme know what u guys think, just wondering if I'm the only one who actually likes the new possible changes to the personal loot. Anyway, I wanted to give my opinion to blizzard & the people who read Reddit posts about possible upcoming changes and to see what you guys think about it.

EDIT: " top 25-50 guilds " * in my realm
Imagine yourself playing so hard that you do the most perfect rotation, evade any fire and soak the dmg, and then there's a guy who just spams one button or died at the beginning to go watch something on youtube. And then you get 3 gold 27 silver 53 copper, but that guy over there received titanforged stuff that you were hunting for months.

On the bright side there aint gonna be loot distribution between friends of raidleader.

I'm not for nor against the change, I just don't know how it will affect the gameplay.
On both occasions there are alot of benefits and losses definitely.
The content I play is always personal loot so it won't affect me unless I start raiding again which I have no plans to do anytime soon.
17/03/2018 21:45Posted by Kooki
The content I play is always personal loot so it won't affect me unless I start raiding again which I have no plans to do anytime soon.

which is fine, but imo blizz shouldnt remove ML as its as valid way as any other for players (namly guilds) to distribute loot, and game needs more options not less.
Imagine yourself playing so hard that you do the most perfect rotation, evade any fire and soak the dmg, and then there's a guy who just spams one button or died at the beginning to go watch something on youtube. And then you get 3 gold 27 silver 53 copper, but that guy over there received titanforged stuff that you were hunting for months.

On the bright side there aint gonna be loot distribution between friends of raidleader.

I'm not for nor against the change, I just don't know how it will affect the gameplay.

wouldnt happen in a good run guild anyway, ive been in loads and same quite bad guilds aswell and never seen it happen.
That comes down to the guild.

Tanks and healers don't need as much gear, simply due to the fact that it wouldn't affect them as much as dps would.

Based on your current gear, I don't see why you would be prioritised over dps.

The only gear that you'd usually need atm would be the necklace/tier.

Raiding in the top 25-50 guilds is a minority, this just affects the majority of the raiders that use ML.

ML is best in mythic raids.

All this encourages would be loads of split runs with the same classes etc.

Monk/monk/monk/monk/monk/monk etc.
If you play in the top 50 world you dont play for loot. If you are mad that you gear dps first then there is something wrong with your guild tbh. And you will anyway be asked to trade your loot as soon as you get something with a high ilvl regardless of how useful this item will be for you.
17/03/2018 21:41Posted by Khaladuras
On both occasions there are alot of benefits and losses definitely.
There is no benefit, this is just forcing their complete RNG gearing model. There is a reason why organised guilds whether they do normal, HC or mythic still use ML. It's more efficient (per example always 1 or 2 tier pieces), quarenteed amount of loot (PL can decide to drop less, more or equal to group loot) and it will go the players who deserve and/or need it the most. This is just removing even more choice...
I'm sad to see it go. I can't wait to get some useless tit-tyforged trinket that is dog!@#$ for me and I can't give it away to someone who really needs it.

ML gears a team. Of course it does mean you need a good guild that does loot fairly and has a council that has a clue what it is doing. If it's DKP/EPGP it's down to what you've done obviously, and doesn't require a council.

This idiotic notion that guilds ONLY use it because of tier just shows how out of touch that muppet is.
17/03/2018 21:18Posted by Khaladuras
Am I honestly the only one who likes the new "possible" personal loot changes? Personally, raiding in top 25-50 guilds as a tank or a healer, you never get loot, if a DPS needs it, which is kinda dumb, considering that it's a game we play for fun and enjoyment afterall. So according to this, tanks and healers would have to wait for weeks to get their BIS items. Atleast it's this way for me in many guilds.

I'm a tank and I've cleared Antorus mythic since it came available, I've only got 2 pieces of gear from the RCL and 3 from Bonus Rolls from 31 bosses, so basicly without my bonus roll luck which I'm usually incredibly good at, I would have got 2 pieces of gear from 31 bosses, That's just ridiculous!

I really hate to armory stalk people, but you haven't cleared antorus mythic (unless it's on another account) so you definitely do not play in a top 50 guild. So the question is, why do you care? Why would you want to remove their preferred way of playing the game? If you do not like ML, why are you in a guild that uses it? There is no disadvantage to the system we have right now. If you want to play with PL, be in a guild that uses PL, if you want to use ML, be in a guild that uses ML. You could say that no decent mythic guild uses PL, is that because they all want to keep all the gear to themselves, or is it because it is the most useful to progression raiding? ML will only hurt new people who want to try out mythic raiding, as the guilds will now have to risk a titanforged trinket dropping for the new trial, who can just leave as he gets it. Forced PL is gonna make mythic raiding so exclusive, that i am sure people will complain about it on the forums.
yes
PL is worst idea and I will talk abotu this in diffrent topic so:

I got almost 30 kill on Argus and I still have no trinket(on my main and my alts).

So personal loot is the worst for me, I am making top dps, sometimes tanking and I will no reward from boss for weeks!

And you want say personal loot is fine? Wehn I got personal loot I still got crap tiers, crap trinkets and !@#$ty items with worst possible stats.
17/03/2018 23:49Posted by Destruct
It's more efficient (per example always 1 or 2 tier pieces), quarenteed amount of loot (PL can decide to drop less, more or equal to group loot) and it will go the players who deserve and/or need it the most. This is just removing even more choice...

You have to admit the number of items can vary with ML too. It should be likewise possible that you sometimes get even more loot in PL than you would in ML.

Anyway, last time i saw raidleader who wanted to use ML was... maybe in burning crusade/wrath or panda?
19/03/2018 12:50Posted by Zaflis

Anyway, last time i saw raidleader who wanted to use ML was... maybe in burning crusade?

Last time I was using it on friday raid night.
Personally, raiding in top 25-50 guilds as a tank or a healer, you never get loot, if a DPS needs it, which is kinda dumb, considering that it's a game we play for fun and enjoyment afterall. So according to this, tanks and healers would have to wait for weeks to get their BIS items.

This is the best way to gear up the raid in order to progress. Generally this is the rule every LC tries to follow, because it is proven as the most efficient one, especially at the start.
Now 4 months into the expansion - maybe not so much, but this is subjective it depends on item level, on guild ranks, on exactly how much the ML actually knows about different classes, but it is definitely not dumb, because bosses die from the damage dealers. As long as the tank doesn't die from the boss - he doesn't need gear. As long as the healer can keep up with the raid and tank damage - he doesn't need gear, but more damage is always better to have.
If you feel like the LC is not rewarding you right, you should speak up to them..
I'm guessing they'll keep the ability to trade loot between raid members, to some capacity.

If not, a guy who makes a habit of dying at the start of a fight, going AFK for 5 minutes, and then coming back to get lucky with personal loot over those who earned it, is pretty likely to find himself booted from a guild anyway.

With pugs, I could see it being a big issue, though.
Personally, raiding in top 25-50 guilds as a tank or a healer, you never get loot, if a DPS needs it, which is kinda dumb

How is it dumb? You're not there for loot, you're there to kill bosses. You're there to play with likeminded people and enjoy pushing for / protecting that world rank by playing to the best of their ability. That's what you signed up for, it's what everyone in those type of guilds signed up for.

Gear is a means to an end in those guilds, a tool to be used to get a reward (Ranking / personal satisfaction). If you want gear to be your reward then find likeminded people, don't take something away from others because you don't understand or have had bad experiences with it.

Ellipsis...
My position is....

For guild runs, Master Looter should be an option.

For groups containing any pugged players, Master Looter should not be an option.

Many will not agree with me I am sure and I realize I seem rather unflexible in my position, but being on these forums for 8 years seeing countless posts about players who's loot was *stolen*/*given to a guildie for favouritism*/*deserved it more than someone else*/*got given to the raid leaders goldfish* etc etc was ridiculous.

Serious raiding guilds will rarely want or need to pug and if they want to do loot via *loot council*/*DKP*/*EGP* or any other random method such as a psychic squid pet, they should be able to.

*Delete as applicable*

been there seen it... but if that happens leave the guild asap maybe there needs to be more awarness that such guilds are a bad idea to stay in... but taking choice away from ppl which play killing it first loot 2nd is not ok