Do you judge characters based off names?

General
Just curious if others are like me and do this.

I'm happy for people to have any kind of name they like and I don't think and rules should be in place about naming your characters (apart from the obvious) but when I see someone with stupid names (imo) like "Hotdogs" or "fartman" I instantly want nothing to do with them.

Anyone else feel this way?
And if so does it go as far as not inviting people to groups or joining guilds because of it?
28/02/2018 22:32Posted by Moritz

I'm happy for people to have any kind of name they like and I don't think and rules should be in place about naming your characters (apart from the obvious) but when I see someone with stupid names (imo) like "Hotdogs" or "fartman" I instantly want nothing to do with them.

And if so does it go as far as not inviting people to groups or joining guilds because of it?

I like greek and roman mythology so most of mine named after that :P but when i see people like voidelfman and edgelord illildandandk i personally wouldnt have anything to do with said person.
I know its only fun but you just know its some 13-18year old boy thinking its cool.
The person could be really nice behind the name and if the can prove they don't have the mental capacity of an ant i will welcome them until then they are shunned.
I wouldn't join a guild with a stupid name, lol.

As for the character names, I wouldn't discriminate people based on it, but someone who has a random amalgam of words projects to me that it's one of those people who don't really care about immersion or lore, just gameplay. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it is just not my thing.
So my name you would avoid
28/02/2018 22:42Posted by Ðeathstalker
So my name you would avoid

Yours isn't insultingly bad to me so I wouldn't avoid but I would try to avoid having to say it :P
Although I do think that D is more suited to a hunter ;)
I try not to, but I stumble a little over special characters in names that don't normally contain those. I don't mind humorous names, though, so some male Worgen named Hotdog wouldn't repel me.
I get judged for being on RP realm all the time ;p

Then they realised that my name is usually from an anime.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't take myself that seriously, so I couldn't care any less what you name your character which is why I wouldn't judge you base on it.
28/02/2018 22:57Posted by Tahamine
I get judged for being on RP realm all the time ;p

Then they realised that my name is usually from an anime.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wait, people assume you're from an RP realm or are you on an RP realm and people don't like your name on there?
I'm confused :P
Most of the time I dont really care but when I see a an anime name like "Kirito" I just roll my eyes.
28/02/2018 23:10Posted by Deadfist
Most of the time I dont really care but when I see a an anime name like "Kirito" I just roll my eyes.

Well yeah cause who would want to name themselves after SAO?
we all should name our characters the way we FEEL ;_;
28/02/2018 23:23Posted by Feelscream
we all should name our characters the way we FEEL ;_;

You feel cream?
I guess we all have our own thing.
Mine is Gingers.
Yours is dairy products.
Its good when we share :)
i do
i see a name that annoys me? i refuse to do any business with or talk to them.

and when someone with a name like "ipwnzulol" or something trys to talk to me, it goes straight to ignore list.
28/02/2018 22:32Posted by Moritz

Your loss then. I'd personally love hanging out with someone named Hotdogs!! Sounds like a super fun person!

28/02/2018 22:38Posted by Arés
I know its only fun but you just know its some 13-18year old boy thinking its cool.
The person could be really nice behind the name and if the can prove they don't have the mental capacity of an ant i will welcome them until then they are shunned.

I did pick my name of my char when I was 16 and tipsy or more.
Plz don't judge. I'm nice! Promise!
Oh yes I do, people can have such random names sometimes...

Hold up
People harass me over my name all the time :'(
28/02/2018 23:42Posted by Trollrouge
People harass me over my name all the time :'(

I would too.
You play a human, not a troll you silly level 68 :P
28/02/2018 23:39Posted by Ponytail

Hold up

Your name seem nice and you don't seem to take things too seriously.
Wanna be my friend? :P
28/02/2018 23:48Posted by Monsterbaby
28/02/2018 23:39Posted by Ponytail

Hold up

Your name seem nice and you don't seem to take things too seriously.
Wanna be my friend? :P

Best say yes or else he will cry all night.
You won't be able to settle him for hours.
I swear he can be such a monstrous little baby sometimes.