Zandalari druid forms blow alliance races out of the park

General
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
07/03/2018 12:32Posted by Punyelf
07/03/2018 01:40Posted by Lex
I find zandalari forms ugly tho.. just personal taste,

This, people need to stop caring so much what one faction gets. I don't find them ugly myself but everyone has different tastes.

I don't care whether they are ugly.
I care that horde gets a race, with all those new multiple forms while alliance is getting nothing.
It has nothing to do with looks.
alliance is getting kul tirans, which is a new model. Some has postulated they might be druids too, due to a relation with gilneas. But i agree, mere humans is not exciting. But the alliance is after all human dominated.
07/03/2018 14:02Posted by Xalyr
What kind of parent gives one of their children a present for Christmas, and not the other? A horrible one.
Because parents can't read their children's minds over what they want; they may not have expected such a poor reaction.

"This weird demand for 'equality of opportunity' when it comes to class visual design"

Visual designs matters in a video game, no more so than in an RPG all about character players.

It's called expecting equality in time and effort devoted to both factions, which should absolutely be so in a game where there are two opposing factions that are enemies.
My point is that some classes simply by virtue of their design are more demanding in terms of art assets. Druids ostensibly require more work than shamans might, but that's not necessarily because Blizzard loves druids and hates shamans - that's just the nature of how those classes have been made.

The implicit questions are what exactly do people expect Blizzard to do in order to bring Dark Iron shamans up to par* with Zandalari druids? Can it be done without any radical changes to the class itself?

*nevermind that the only meaningful answer to this is entirely subjective
Personally i don't understand the fuss. I think they look rubbish tbh.
07/03/2018 01:40Posted by Lex
I find zandalari forms ugly tho.. just personal taste, I know druids get to keep their artifact looks (bears and cats) and there are pretty amazing options out there.

I believe on the other hand that every moonkin form should get an upgrade cause thats been very outdated and could use some more love.

You mean the giant sulky bird with weird wings for hands and weird sounds?
Oh yes, definitely
Well considering the Horde hasn't really existed since the end of MoP it's about time we got something to restore our wounded faction pride.
07/03/2018 14:29Posted by Galgrum
What kind of parent gives one of their children a present for Christmas, and not the other? A horrible one.
Because parents can't read their children's minds over what they want; they may not have expected such a poor reaction.

"This weird demand for 'equality of opportunity' when it comes to class visual design"

Visual designs matters in a video game, no more so than in an RPG all about character players.

It's called expecting equality in time and effort devoted to both factions, which should absolutely be so in a game where there are two opposing factions that are enemies.
My point is that some classes simply by virtue of their design are more demanding in terms of art assets. Druids ostensibly require more work than shamans might, but that's not necessarily because Blizzard loves druids and hates shamans - that's just the nature of how those classes have been made.

The implicit questions are what exactly do people expect Blizzard to do in order to bring Dark Iron shamans up to par* with Zandalari druids? Can it be done without any radical changes to the class itself?

*nevermind that the only meaningful answer to this is entirely subjective

You aren't very good at this, are you?

"Because parents can't read their children's minds over what they want"

Somehow I doubt the expectation of one child is to have NOTHING. Methinks what you're grasping to say is "Not fair, Timmy got a train and I wanted one, not this plane." but that isn't what's going on, is it? "Not fair, Timmy got a train and I got sweet !£#$%! all." I'd says Timmy's complaint is legitimate.

"nevermind that the only meaningful answer to this is entirely subjective"

No, it isn't subjective. This has nothing to do with taste or aesthetics. It has everything to do with poor choices from the get-go in how they've doled out the Allied races, and the set up in general with BfA-- resulting in a very likely disparity in QUANTITY of content when it comes to both factions.

I would say it was a very bad move right away to give Horde TWO druids, and Alliance zero-- given the fact of druids being a very special case in having forms, not to mention FOUR specs. It's also a fact that druids are special for having very limited choice in race.

It's quite amusing on the latest Q&A how Ion suggest "We want to get back some of the flavour of vanilla, by giving Horde more shamans, and Alliance more paladins" (paraphrasing of course). Strange how he oddly forgot to mention Horde also get two druids, hmmm.. how forgetful. When they don't have a good answer, they simply duck the issue entirely, and it IS an issue.

It simply should never have been the case - in planning - to do this. It also speaks to the rather weak backstory of both Alliance Allied Races available now.

You know when so many people bring this up, and now even a well known Youtuber, it isn't just some fantasy or group hallucination. It's real.

As in it's real right now. Yes, we may get more-- but yet again, it's hard to imagine Alliance getting anything decent given it's almost certain we've got fat humans as our bargain, oh and repainted dwarves.
07/03/2018 14:40Posted by Xalyr

Somehow I doubt the expectation of one child is to have NOTHING. Methinks what you're grasping to say is "Not fair, Timmy got a train and I wanted one, not this plane." but that isn't what's going on, is it? "Not fair, Timmy got a train and I got sweet !£#$%! all." I'd says Timmy's complaint is legitimate.
That is what I was "grasping" to say, but your so-called "legitimate" complaint wasn't even being posited in the first place: It was "Zandalari druids are pretty dope, Dark Iron shamans better get something dope too" which has been the basis of our exchange.

Now you're just shifting the goalposts, so I can't see why I should continue with you.
An undeniable proof of Blizz's horde bias in BfA.
07/03/2018 14:51Posted by Galgrum
07/03/2018 14:40Posted by Xalyr

That is what I was "grasping" to say, but your so-called "legitimate" complaint wasn't even being posited in the first place: It was "Zandalari druids are pretty dope, Dark Iron shamans better get something dope too" which has been the basis of our exchange.

Now you're just shifting the goalposts, so I can't see why I should continue with you.

No, I'm not.

Do you know what a straw-man argument is?

"It's now March.

You do realise that is near the END of major development, not early stages? Right?

They didn't start poduction on BfA when it was announced you know.

Yes, it's quite possible they have an internal build that is way more fleshed out, but you know it IS a reasonable concern at this stage to be looking at the Horde set up, and the Alliance one, and see how the latter could so easily - and appears to be now - shafted.

We had an entire zone dedicated each to the Horde Allied races; whereas the Alliance had one made up on the spot and a bling draenei.

BOTH Alliance races are corrupted and light infused versions of existing races.

Nightborne have a completely unique culture, and much more modified appearance, owing to so much time of isolation.

Highmountain Tauren ditto, the entire zone of Highmountain is dedicated to telling the story of this race.

You know some floating rock is hardly a substitute for the LF Draenei, considering almost none of the Argus story says anything about them anyway.

Alliance got the shaft right from the start, and it's very looking to be the way week after week with this reveals.

Maybe Kul'Tirans can be druids? Does it seem likely, no.

Maybe Dark Iron Dwarves have something to match ZTrolls in pure effort and uniqueness? I really don't see how.

Any reason why Alliance can't get some kind of equivalent to straight Orcs? That's a lot of work you know.

Any reason why you revealed the Horde's next Allied race, but not the Alliance? I'm not entirely sure why as a Horde player you get a better idea of what's coming in the expansion-- so you can rest comfortably with your expectations and possibly money.

YES, resource allocation should be equal.

When you have a game where faction identity is pushed strongly, indeed especially in BfA-- you can't devote 60-70% of your effort into one faction.

That would mean a good percentage, those who only play Alliance, are getting LESS for their money."

I have been making MANY posts here, and the DI Dwarves are just one example, a good one considering they twin with the Zandalari Trolls.

"but your so-called "legitimate" complaint wasn't even being posited in the first place: It was "Zandalari druids are pretty dope, Dark Iron shamans better get something dope too""

It hasn't been the basis of our exchange, and I'm not going to be accountable for you entering this discussion late and ignoring the broader context here. The onus is on YOU to know this.
You know what? Make the sethrak playable, make them an alliance race and give those snekbois druid.

Flight form could be wind serpent, cat could be that chunky new lizard model they showed off. Travel form could use the new serpent model. The only really new models would have to be bear and moon kind.

Problem solved.

#SupportOurSneks
On the other hand Alliance gets another expansion that puts them in the spotlight. This has been going on for what...since Garrosh went big baddie? Why doesn't Blizz make the whole Horde faction NPC based so we can have a whole other expansion where we all play Alliance and fight the big bad Horde?

I'd take bad Allied races instead of mindless storytelling any day.
07/03/2018 15:02Posted by Morribeth
You know what? Make the sethrak playable, make them an alliance race and give those snekbois druid.

Flight form could be wind serpent, cat could be that chunky new lizard model they showed off. Travel form could use the new serpent model. The only really new models would have to be bear and moon kind.

Problem solved.

#SupportOurSneks
This. I really hope they actually do it.
Druid is an awful class. They remove what made Zandalari unique from the other savage races, their Prelates, but give us a stupid Dino Dan simulator that doesn’t even let us see our transmogs.

What a joke. I hope Dark Irons at least get good Shaman stuff.
07/03/2018 15:12Posted by Yusariz
Druid is an awful class. They remove what made Zandalari unique from the other savage races, their Prelates, but give us a stupid Dino Dan simulator that doesn’t even let us see our transmogs.

Congratulations, you have unlocked "The Salty" title, enjoy It with pride.

Hahahaha, Lmao this people.
You, kneel before the Master Race + Master Class combo.

Lmao the more you cry the more I laugh, specially when they are elfish tears because those barbies feel so insulted than now the MASTER druid and coolest one is a Troll, hahahaha...

Cry elfs, cry the Zandalari are coming to annihilate you all and bring balance to the Horde!
07/03/2018 15:29Posted by Deodara
07/03/2018 15:12Posted by Yusariz

Lmao the more you cry the more I laugh, specially when they are elfish tears because those barbies feel so insulted than now the MASTER druid and coolest one is a Troll, hahahaha...

Cry elfs, cry the Zandalari are coming to annihilate you all and bring balance to the Horde!

Lol leave the roleplay for the game. More unique models would benefit all, I don't know how are people still so petty.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Lol leave the roleplay for the game. More unique models would benefit all, I don't know how are people still so petty.

I'm not roleplaying, I'm just telling the truth because in BFA the Horde population will be Trolls, Orcs & Taurens as It always should be.
Not a barbie party everywhere.

On the other hand, the fact that Nelfs feel so insulted and threatened by Zandalari makes me so Happy.
Can't drink enough elven tears while I'm eating my gnome nuggets mmmm delicious.
07/03/2018 14:09Posted by Whisperer

I don't care whether they are ugly.
I care that horde gets a race, with all those new multiple forms while alliance is getting nothing.
It has nothing to do with looks.

We still don't know what the alliance is getting with AR later. Or what classes they will get.

Stupid to cry and rant about "horde bias" when not everything is known yet...

(Like on the US forum some people were outraged about some line of text that was datamined about Wildhammer Dwarves. They instantly jumped to conclusions and also ranting about "horde bias" while it didn't even say/meant what they thought...
people should stop freaking out about some datamined info while the rest is unknown.)
07/03/2018 15:48Posted by Deodara

I'm not roleplaying, I'm just telling the truth because un BFA the Horde population will be Trolls, Orcs & Taurens as It always should be.
Not a barbie party everywhere.

On the other hand, the fact that Nelfs feel so insulted and threatened by Zandalari makes me so Happy.
Can't drink enough elven tears while I'm eating my gnome nuggets mmmm delicious.

No one wants to take your trolls. Maybe alliance players want to have another option for druids that's something new and exciting as well, I don't see how that has anything to do with your gloating? If anyone's acting like a child, it's you lot. As it stands now, we're probably gonna get boring human druids or something equally ridiculous.
07/03/2018 04:06Posted by Murr
I don't like them, actually. There is nothing that could convince me to play a troll, but the forms aren't even making it tempting. It's a matter of preference, so mileage may vary.

I was more making a point about the amount of love and effort that went into creating these forms. Unless Alliance gets something similar it's obvious where their priorities lie.

07/03/2018 08:16Posted by Froody
You can guarantee it? Shut the front door.

Edit: I was speaking from an objective viewpoint. Way to take what I said out of context.