Isn't total damage immunity unfair?

General
Classes like rogue/DH who can immune everything becomes more and more Op in harder content, at least antorus is not like Tomb of soakeras but in M+ still, some classes can cheese mechanics. I think this is kinda unfair? Its not like these classes have weak damage, they are strong, so giving them an advantage over those with simply damage reduct
No, it's not unfair.
Have you compared what you have but they don't?
Total immunities are only unfair when they have no drawback.

But thats mostly in PvP....
Its totally unfair! All classes and roles should obviously have the exact same strength and weaknesses.

Game definitely needs to be dumbed down even more, class diversity is a thing of the devil!

/Sarcasm
19/03/2018 15:02Posted by Razorjaw

What is the drawback then or rogue/DH/Pala compared to others?

I guess with rogue pala its mobility
Deathknights are not mobile in comparison to most other classes, with only one movement speed spell (Wraith Walk on a 45 sec CD). They also only immune magical effects (which means debuffs) and the absorbed damage goes only up to 30% of their health for 5 sec.

Rogues have cloak of shadows which is an immunity only protecting them against magical effect on a 90 sec CD. While this is certainly a total immunity against magic for 5 sec in comparison to a deathknight, it does not protect against non-magical damage.

A paladins bubble has a 5 min / 320 sec CD which immunes everything for 8 sec. One could also add Blessing of Protection of course against physical damage.

As you can see: The drawback is that the stronger the immunity the higher the CD which means that it can be used less often.
19/03/2018 15:06Posted by Lockhero

For pala forbereance also comes in mind. Affects both loh and Bop in PVe and Bop in pvp.
19/03/2018 15:15Posted by Holystephan
For pala forbereance also comes in mind. Affects both loh and Bop in PVe and Bop in pvp.

Also the actual cooldown of the ability.
19/03/2018 15:06Posted by Lockhero

A DH cannot attack or use abilities whilst using Netherwalk. Thus, the drawback is that whilst the DH does not take damage, he isn't actively contributing to killing the enemies either for the duration of the immunity.

Netherwalk is also a talent, so you give up other abilities to have. Moreover, it has a 2-minute cooldown.

I'd say that's significant drawback. How about we compare this to an Affliction Warlock's innate self-healing on one of their main damage dealing abilities (Drain Soul): what's the drawback there? You'll be using it anyways, so the healing is essentially free, in contrast to Netherwalk for the reasons outlined above. (Let's not, however, compare classes this way: each class is mechanically different so that what may seem OP for one to have is justifiable for another.)
Rogue is magic immunity for 5 seconds, not total immunity and it is far less effective than bubbling so don't even put them on the same level.
Cloak of Shadows should also make the rogue immune to healing (from spells at least), not sure how effective this drawback would be but it make sense flavor perspective.
19/03/2018 15:19Posted by Shopkeeper
Rogue is magic immunity for 5 seconds, not total immunity and it is far less effective than bubbling so don't even put them on the same level.

I mained rogue for legion , you have an aggro wipe , cloak for magic , evasion for physical, feint to soak aoe , and cheat death.

I couldint have played any other melee lol
19/03/2018 15:56Posted by Meryna

I mained rogue for legion , you have an aggro wipe , cloak for magic , evasion for physical, feint to soak aoe , and cheat death.

I couldint have played any other melee lol

He was talking about what he perceives as the total immunity spell: Cloak of Shadows. I also main a rogue so no there is no reason to tell me what other talents and abilities I have/could have. :p
Yes, indeed. It's fair, it's a long cd afterall. Is it fair that warrior has endless defensive CDs compared to pala? Yes but they have no immunity though. Is it fair that fire mage got a heal on blink/shimmer? Yes, they don't have alot of defensives outside a flimsy shield and 1 iceblock. Look at the total picture and what the drawbacks are. DH can't attack. Paladin has long CD.
You can't attack with the DH immunity.

Rogue is magic only.

Paladin is the only one with full bubble shields and can attack whilst having a shield up.

Mages are practically the same as DHs, they have an immunity and can't attack the same time.

Evasion/vanish
19/03/2018 18:45Posted by Lockhero

Evasion/vanish

Vanish... seriously... now you're just reaching. I swear if they'd listen to people like you we'd all have the same 3 abilities. :p
19/03/2018 18:39Posted by Museki
You can't attack with the DH immunity.

Rogue is magic only.

Paladin is the only one with full bubble shields and can attack whilst having a shield up.

Mages are practically the same as DHs, they have an immunity and can't attack the same time.

This

Basically the only Immunity that is kinda unfair is the bubble of paladin (forbereance is not really a drawback), because u can do full dmg and move while being immune.

The weak palakit however makes it kinda justified... And it becomes only a problem if the class performs too good (becomes OP)

^From a PvP-Point of view

----------------------------------------

19/03/2018 18:45Posted by Lockhero

Evasion/vanish

They have to burn multiple CDs... and their are kinda squishy... how is this not fair?
19/03/2018 15:05Posted by Hikonyán
Its totally unfair! All classes and roles should obviously have the exact same strength and weaknesses.

Game definitely needs to be dumbed down even more, class diversity is a thing of the devil!

/Sarcasm

Heh... you said it like its not the truth. I remember when DK was supposed to be a unstoppable heavy hitter with low mobility. Leter Blizzard removed heavy hitting but mobility is still crap and can be crippled even more.

Blizzard just made us a generic class with little of everything.