Disgusted about the fate of the night elves in BfA

Story
1 2 3 15 Next
Am I the only one that's disgusted about the fate of the night elves in BfA?

My favourite race since their introduction in War III, who received almost no love from Blizzard in any of the WoW expansions save for Legion, is basically being removed from the game and gets nothing in exchange?

The night elves are supposed to be powerful, and yet get ****** in the *** by the Horde who, just 4 years ago, lost its war against the Alliance (but again, actually lost nothing).

What will they get then?
Nothing at all? That seems likely.
A !@#$ty moonwell in Stormwind? Yay for the great civilization of the kaldorei.
Something in Gilneas? You mean that the WORGENS actually get some love while the night elves are stuck in uninteresting human lands? That's night elves that I like, I HATE worgens, so yea, no thanks about Gilneas.

The night elves are NOTHING without Kalimdor. Hence, in BfA, the night elves become NOTHING. And that is permanent. It would take something HUGE to make me swallow the annihilation of the night elves in Kalimdor.

Is anyone else butthurt like me? Is anyone else basically sure to never again play this very poor game?
Yeah, too bad the horde can't win fairly by fighting with honor. At least they dont have battle cries like 'victory or death'. They always have to oneshot stuff.

In the end, a victory is a victory.

On a more serious note, i really hope the night elves dont just leave Kalimdor to settle in EK. They should put a fight.
Here we go again...

We're now up to 1 thread complaining about Undercity being lost , and this is thread 13 about Darnassus.

I don't know Arkh, try explaining what you mean, most of it was censored out.
21/02/2018 22:22Posted by Ârkh
Am I the only one that's disgusted about the fate of the night elves in BfA?

My favourite race since their introduction in War III, who received almost no love from Blizzard in any of the WoW expansions save for Legion, is basically being removed from the game and gets nothing in exchange?

The night elves are supposed to be powerful, and yet get ****** in the *** by the Horde who, just 4 years ago, lost its war against the Alliance (but again, actually lost nothing).

What will they get then?
Nothing at all? That seems likely.
A !@#$ty moonwell in Stormwind? Yay for the great civilization of the kaldorei.
Something in Gilneas? You mean that the WORGENS actually get some love while the night elves are stuck in uninteresting human lands? That's night elves that I like, I HATE worgens, so yea, no thanks about Gilneas.

The night elves are NOTHING without Kalimdor. Hence, in BfA, the night elves become NOTHING. And that is permanent. It would take something HUGE to make me swallow the annihilation of the night elves in Kalimdor.

Is anyone else butthurt like me? Is anyone else basically sure to never again play this very poor game?

If you take a look at the lore team, you'll notice that all of them are bunch of NE hating clowns who like to butcher, ruin or lecture the NEs every time they see fit. Making the horde stupidly powerful and NEs stupidly weak. NEs lose all of their lands, I mean they lose literally everything but the retarded Alliance goes to Lordaeron instead of aiding them in Kalimdor and then the kid orders to "don't kill Saurfang. Treat him with respect" like all the lives of those NEs who died during Teldrassil doesn't matter and they are all garbage. Ofc what can you expect when the lore is written by a group of sadistic !@#$%^-s. BfA is Human vs Horde and NEs had to be butchered because of it. I definitely won't play BfA. WoW has turned to a cringe game with incompetent people working in Blizzard. The old warcraft is long dead.

I don't know about the latter, but I can assure that there are millions of fans that are quite saddened and angered by the loss of Teldrassil (there are many less fans who display these same emotions towards the ugly Undercity, if there are any at all). It truly is a shame that the Night Elves have to pay once again because of the Horde, but the developers' bias for their pet has always been clear, and this is not the first time. Remember when Garrosh butchered your people and chopped down large parts of Ashenvale in a few months?

And, well, we could have some tension within the Alliance, maybe with Tyrande blaming Anduin's lack of confidence and action for the loss of Teldrassil, and the creation of a verge between the Kaldorei and Stormwind. But, as usual, the developers are too busy carefully developing the tensions between the Horde leaders (namely Windrunner and Saurfang) to devote their attention to the Alliance's intrigue.

To add to that wound, your former brethrens whom you helped liberate their Legion-infested city, the Nightborne, are actively aiding the march on your doorsteps.

22/02/2018 01:41Posted by Brigante
Here we go again...

We're now up to 1 thread complaining about Undercity being lost , and this is thread 13 about Darnassus.

Obviously, people will feel more sympathetic towards the loss of a massive and magnificient World Tree blessed by the ancient Dragon Aspects than towards the loss of a decrepit and stinky system of sewers inhabited by Undead.

Also, there are parts of Tirisfal that remain intact, whereas all of Teldrassil is lost, so the Alliance got the short end of the stick as usual.

21/02/2018 22:51Posted by Isology
Yeah, too bad the horde can't win fairly by fighting with honor. At least they dont have battle cries like 'victory or death'. They always have to oneshot stuff.

Yeah, and it's funny for example how Garrosh Hellscream always used the battlecry 'victory or death', yet when the time had come to uphold that tradition, he forsake it. If he had been coherent with his logic, he would've committed suicide after his crushing and utterly humiliating defeat at the Siege of Orgrimmar. But, whatever, Orcs are not known for their honesty (truthfully, they don't have many positive qualities at all), so I shouldn't be surprised.

The Horde should just abandon their not-so-fancy battle cries. When they time comes to uphold them, they bail out.
Obviously, people will feel more sympathetic towards the loss of a massive and magnificient World Tree blessed by the ancient Dragon Aspects than towards the loss of a decrepit and stinky system of sewers inhabited by Undead.

I have a feeling there is something else resulting in what we are seeing.

I mean... those who do enjoy the forsaken and love playing the forsaken surely loves the sinister, dark looks of Undercity.

No... there is something else, it is not just because one is a below the surface city and the other a big tree.

I sense a severe case of... yeah, I promised myself to be demean people too much.
22/02/2018 01:41Posted by Brigante
Here we go again...

I don't know Arkh, try explaining what you mean, most of it was censored out.

Blizzard has a history of writing good Forsaken content.
Blizzard does not have a history of writing good Night Elf content.
I know I'll get down voted as hell by Night Elf fanatics for saying this, but I honestly think that a lot of the people who are complaining that the Night Elves would never give up Kalimdor so easily are kinda overestimating the Night Elves grip on the continent. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they won't fight tooth and nail to keep it, but when you really look at it, there aren't a lot of Night Elven strongholds in Kalimdor, at least not big ones. Let's have a look at each zone and examine it for Night Elven strongholds, shall we?

Teldrassil: obviously the heart of Night Elf culture in Kalimdor in the present day.

Darkshore: Night Elves hold considerable ground in this area and are for the moment uncontested.

Moonglade: you could argue that Moonglade is in actuality a neutral area controlled by the Cenarion Circle, which is made up of Druid's from both factions.

Winterspring: only one Night Elf Barrow Den which last we saw, was being overrun by insects. The rest is uncontested territory.

Felwood: once again, controlled by the Cenarion Circle.

Mount Hyjal: as before, controlled and protected by the Druids from both factions.

Ashenvale: Night Elves only have full control over half of the zone, the rest is controlled by the Horde, which last we saw was slowly gaining ground.

Stonetalon Mountains: as with Ashenvale, the Night Elves held control over half the zone, and they lost one of their bases when Krom'gar dropped a bomb on it, an act even Garrosh of all people was disgusted by (though it didn't stop him nuking Theramore).

Desolace: the Night Elves only had one base in the zone, which is actually destroyed by Horde players in retaliation for the murder of a Blood Elf researcher, so you could argue that the base is no longer active. As for the rest of the zone, it is in the control of either the Cenarion Circle or local Centaur.

Durotar: no Night Elf presence at all.

Northern and Southern Barrens: no Night Elven presence in either zone.

Mulgore: no Night Elven presence at all.

Feralas: the Night Elves do hold a number of notable strongholds, but they don't hold control over the entirety of the zone, as it's contested by a combination of Horde and Ogre force's.

Dustwallow Marsh: no Night Elven presence, and after the destruction of Theramore, you could argue that the zone is completely controlled by the Horde.

Thousand Needle's: no Night Elven presence.

Tanaris: no Night Elven presence.

Un'Goro Crater: no Night Elven presence.

Silithus: no Night Elven presence, especially after Sargeras turned the zone into a sword kebab.

Uldum: no Night Elven presence.

You can try and deny it all you want, but the fact of the matter is that the Night Elves grip on Kalimdor is fleeting at best. You could argue that their numbers have been dwindling since the Battle for Mount Hyjal, especially considering we don't know the exact casualty count for the Night Elven force's.

And saying there's nowhere in the Eastern Kingdoms for the Night Elves is a big fat lie. Did you forget the Twilight Grove in Duskwood and Seradane in Hinterlands, both of which are the locations of saplings of the World Tree?

Or, the Horde playerbase is more mature about it and doesn’t whine about it like some other Alliance players.

You know, like they didn’t whine that much when the Dk class hall campaign painted all in a stupid light by infiltrating UC but we did have Alliance players complaining about having the introductory scenario for the Zandalari apparently painting the Stormwind humans in a bad light.
Or when people complained about having neutral-acting Thrall being a relevant focus during Cataclysm, but having Velen, Turalyon and Alleria in Legion is fine...

22/02/2018 06:21Posted by Iresea
It truly is a shame that the Night Elves have to pay once again because of the Horde

It’s interesting how the answer to fix some Alliance story keeps being about worsening the Horde one instead of simply fixing the current human centered one given to the Alliance.

Because yeah, we can’t have mirrored situations, the Alliance must hog more story to make them feel better.
The answer to counter a human story isn’t about fixing that human story....is about keeping it, scrapping whatever they’ve written for the Horde and write another one for any other Alliance race.
Very mature and not selfish. Like, at all.
22/02/2018 09:35Posted by Zarao

It truly is a shame that the Night Elves have to pay once again because of the Horde

It’s interesting how the answer to fix some Alliance story keeps being about worsening the Horde one instead of simply fixing the current human centered one given to the Alliance.

Because yeah, we can’t have mirrored situations, the Alliance must hog more story to make them feel better.
The answer to counter a human story isn’t about fixing that human story....is about keeping it, scrapping whatever they’ve written for the Horde and write another one for any other Alliance race.
Very mature and not selfish. Like, at all.

The overabundance of humans is a problem caused by Blizz blatantly putting more time and effort into the racial identities of the Horde races, and then quickly slapping together a human-centric storyline and throwing it at the Alliance. That's certainly what BFA is looking like so far. Horde has an all-star caste, while Blizzard just throws humans at the Alliance story when they get done with Zandalar.
22/02/2018 09:44Posted by Reltorin
The overabundance of humans is a problem caused by Blizz blatantly putting more time and effort into the racial identities of the Horde races, and then quickly slapping together a human-centric storyline and throwing it at the Alliance. That's certainly what BFA is looking like so far. Horde has an all-star caste, while Blizzard just throws humans at the Alliance story when they get done with Zandalar.

Quickly?? How long do you think it took them to write all the Drustvar plot regarding the Old Gods and the forest witches?
How long do you think it took them to write about Khadgar or Anduins adventures in Legion? Or Genns quest.

How many Horde characters were there in Legions cinematics? how many humans?

Stop with the stupid crap about Blizzard focusing on the Horde. The only times they did so was to give us some villains.

The human focus has NOTHING to do with the Horde side of the story or the resources devoted to it. Blizzard cares to write deep human stories, and in fact the ones that usually end up with placeholder quests are the Horde players.
Like saving Stormwind from Detheroc, or from Zaela, Yalnu, visiting AGAIN the Exodar, freeing it from Rakeesh, or helping Alleria gain some powers just for her to end up shouting at our face about how much she despises the Horde when we arrive to the Vindicaar.

And to try and blame the Horde story for the lacking of some Alliance plots is blatantly dishonest and shows exactly how self-centred some players are.

If you want the story to be less about humans, then focus your complaints on it. Blizzard bothered to write a deep plot regarding Anduins ascension, Kul Tiras unrest, and Jainas or Genns evolution.
The Horde story didn’t take away from them half a neurone while they wrote about it.
To the point of neglecting the Horde side of the story or making them downright villains to feed some human development.

Trying to make it appear as the Horde is taking away some narrative resources, only makes it seem as if the Alliance players want to keep their precious human plots AND have Blizzard write also about some other races, neglecting the Horde story even further.
That's the thing. Most people don't want these all-consuming human plotlines, But Blizz keeps throwing them at the Alliance because they are really simple to make and put together.

And I don't see why you'd complain about Legion's storyline/Alleria after the majority (and best) parts of Legion turned out to be horde content in disguise. You got the Nightborne for goodness' sake, and Thalyssra going to Orgrimmar to sing your praises and !@#$-talk the Alliance. Why would you still be upset about Legion?
How exactly are they powerful? From what we've seen, without their ancients on the front lines throwing boulders and what not....they are very weak and actual combat.

Even in Warcraft 3, killling Archimonde they did nothing, all the work came from wisps, or nature itself.

They have certain powerful individuals like Malfurion, Tyrande, any ''highborne'' are all but extinct and few in numbers.

Once they were strong, as an empire, but they have been like refugees forever now, hiding in trees and burrow dens, under the wing of Cenarius and spirits of nature.

Blizzard has given no love to the race, but i'm not sure you can expect anything in the future....at least not in BfA.
I don't know about the latter, but I can assure that there are millions of fans that are quite saddened and angered by the loss of Teldrassil (there are many less fans who display these same emotions towards the ugly Undercity, if there are any at all).

Millions of alliance fans are feeling the loss of Teldrassil while barely anyone the Undercity? What did you get that data? Alliance trade chat? Your bias is so cringe inducing it's difficult to actually read.

I feel the loss of the Undercity. It was my home factions capital for most of my wow life and has more history than any other city in the game given Stormwind was actually destroyed.

By the same token I could say: Teldrassil was just a deluxe tree house, Iron forge is just a cave with some decor, Thunderbluff are some tents on a hill.

The point is each capital city represents each races heart and the core themes of it. Losing it for any faction is devestating and if yiu can't see that you don't really have any business discussing it unless your only intention is to troll others

22/02/2018 11:13Posted by Reltorin
That's the thing. Most people don't want these all-consuming human plotlines, But Blizz keeps throwing them at the Alliance because they are really simple to make and put together.

And I don't see why you'd complain about Legion's storyline/Alleria after the majority (and best) parts of Legion turned out to be horde content in disguise. You got the Nightborne for goodness' sake, and Thalyssra going to Orgrimmar to sing your praises and !@#$-talk the Alliance. Why would you still be upset about Legion?

I count 2 night ef zones, 3 draenei/Lightforged, 1 nightborne, 1 tauren

Sooo... what?

Then why blame the Horde story for it?
How is it the Hordes story’s fault, when even Horde players end up working alongside or following some human interests.
What’s for my troll character when I saved Stormwind from Detheroc? Or when I saved it from Zaela and Yalnu during WoD? Why should I care about Rakeesh or about Velens family in Mac’aree? Why should I care about whatever Alleria does if just after returning I have a dialogue popping up between her and Vereesa in which they both scorn and despise the Horde openly?

You guys don’t want human centered stories? Fine, pass on the feedback.
But stop blaming the Horde story for it.
By doing so, it all suspiciously sounds as if you don’t mind those human stories, but simply want blizzard to neglect the Horde story even further for you to have some extra spotlight about any other Alliance race.

As things are right now shown in BfA, everything seems mirrored and with the same amount of work on both factions. You don’t like your human story? Ok, ask them to change it, but leave the Horde one be. Blizzard decided to put some emphasis on the human element because maybe they got the impression that you guys wanted more about Jaina, prove them wrong.

And I don't see why you'd complain about Legion's storyline/Alleria after the majority (and best) parts of Legion turned out to be horde content in disguise.

You mean Suramar? Basically you are saying that because of some future content, the Horde players lost every right to complain about their lack of lore?
Then why don’t you wait and see if Night elf future lore actually becomes something relevant? Same logic.

Also, does your logic mean that from 7.1 onward it was all about the Alliance, given that it was all about the Lightforged, Alleria and Velen?
All of that only happened because of the humans in charge. On the next elections for the High King vote for the dwarves to take over the Alliance and we'll make sure all of the injustices will be corrected.
#MagniForHighKing2018
22/02/2018 11:45Posted by Kixith
I count 2 night ef zones, 3 draenei/Lightforged, 1 nightborne, 1 taurenSooo... what?

To be honest Broken Isles could have been entirely Night Elf zones with just the Highmountain Tauren and you would still have people shrieking "Horde Bias! There should be no Tauren Here! This is all Night Elf Lands, Why does Blizzard hate Night Elves, Nerf Horde plot, we need more Alliance plot on top of what it gets, who cares about the Horde anyway?"

I mean we did just see that sentiment. "Who cares about the Horde losing a city, nobody cares! The Alliance is losing a City!"

Losing Darnassus could actually be the best thing for the Night Elves ever, it might actually turn them back into the savage forestland ghosts that they were, instead of just tall purple humans with pointy ears who live in a treehouse. They may actually get their racial identity back.
22/02/2018 11:59Posted by Brigante
22/02/2018 11:45Posted by Kixith
I count 2 night ef zones, 3 draenei/Lightforged, 1 nightborne, 1 taurenSooo... what?

To be honest Broken Isles could have been entirely Night Elf zones with just the Highmountain Tauren and you would still have people shrieking "Horde Bias! There should be no Tauren Here! This is all Night Elf Lands, Why does Blizzard hate Night Elves, Nerf Horde plot, we need more Alliance plot on top of what it gets, who cares about the Horde anyway?"

I mean we did just see that sentiment. "Who cares about the Horde losing a city, nobody cares! The Alliance is losing a City!"

Losing Darnassus could actually be the best thing for the Night Elves ever, it might actually turn them back into the savage forestland ghosts that they were, instead of just tall purple humans with pointy ears who live in a treehouse. They may actually get their racial identity back.

But that requires -trust- in the way Blizzard is going to take the story. Why should people trust Blizz to do the Night Elves justice after all that's happened?
22/02/2018 12:13Posted by Reltorin
But that requires -trust- in the way Blizzard is going to take the story. Why should people trust Blizz to do the Night Elves justice after all that's happened?

In the same way Horde players must trust them not to take them down the villain path just to make the Alliance feel morally superior. Which I guarantee you, it’s a story VERY displeasing for the Horde half of WoWs playerbase.
22/02/2018 11:57Posted by Gluin
All of that only happened because of the humans in charge. On the next elections for the High King vote for the dwarves to take over the Alliance and we'll make sure all of the injustices will be corrected.
#MagniForHighKing2018

I fully support this but Magni is dead. This diamond Magni is not the real Magni I remember. Neutral characters are so boring sometimes. Therefore, i support Fenran, Moira's son.
I mean, He's a baby since Cata. It's time for him to grow up and be a badass dwarf to be proud of.