Disgusted about the fate of the night elves in BfA

Story
Prev 1 2 3 15 Next
It's all Tyrande's fault for making the Night Elves join the Alliance back then, because being part of the Alliance and the human white-knight morality effectively "defanged" them. They should have stayed neutral or Horde friendly and they would have kept all their lands and "savagery" they had back in WC3.

Also she should have never allowed the Shen'dralar Highborne to return into their ranks, that contributed a lot in the loss of characterization of the whole race, alienating the whole race -and the majority of Night Elf fans as a result- even more from their WC3 racial depiction.

But I guess it's not the first time Tyrande screws up as a diplomat, right...? :P

/points at Nightborne
22/02/2018 14:00Posted by Velsyana
It's all Tyrande's fault

First you say they shouldn't let the Highborne in and then you mention Tyrande screwed up diplomacy with Nightborne. If you put your lame horde fanboyism aside you notice that Night Elves were forced to be into a faction because of game play system. And Blizzard had to show them weak and show horde stupidly strong to balance the power between factions. And the return of Highborne was clearly for Night Elf mage, another game play nonsense. Same with the Nightborne. So shut up and go play your horde night elf.
Night Elves weren't "forced" to be into a faction at all costs..they could have stayed neutral and unplayable and sure, a lot of their fans wouldn't have been happy, but at least they now wouldn't complain in every thread about the tragedies happening to the Kaldorei BECAUSE they are playable in a faction (the Alliance) that isn't really a good fit for them since the presence of the Humans always "defang" Night Elves anyway. The Alliance could have easily got the High Elves playable, or another race.

The Night Elves should have been neutral or, why not, even a Horde race. What, just because the Horde killed Cenarius and went to war against Night Elves (because Grommash and the Warsong were attacked in Ashenvale first, anyway...), does it make sense for Tyrande to NEVER be able to forgive the Orcs and the Horde?

Even CENARIUS himself forgave the Orcs and the Horde when he returned! So, why Tyrande couldn't? Especially considering that the Orcs did help at Battle of Mount Hyjal....
22/02/2018 16:17Posted by Shinil
And Blizzard had to show them weak and show horde stupidly strong to balance the power between factions.

So you're saying that a single populace who's numbers were probably at a record low after the Battle for Mount Hyjal would be able to hold the line against the majority of the Orcish clan's, the united Tauren tribes and a notable Troll tribe?
Also, there are parts of Tirisfal that remain intact, whereas all of Teldrassil is lost, so the Alliance got the short end of the stick as usual.

Of course. As usual... as !@#$ing usual...

I'm just curious and I know I won't get a straight answer from you, still never hurts to ask. Are you actually believing your own words or is this another whiny Alliance guilt trip attempt?
22/02/2018 16:17Posted by Shinil
First you say they shouldn't let the Highborne in and then you mention Tyrande screwed up diplomacy with Nightborne. If you put your lame horde fanboyism aside you notice that Night Elves were forced to be into a faction because of game play system. And Blizzard had to show them weak and show horde stupidly strong to balance the power between factions. And the return of Highborne was clearly for Night Elf mage, another game play nonsense. Same with the Nightborne. So shut up and go play your horde night elf.

Boom! We're getting close to getting a full house here, we have Horde Fanboyism, we just need 'Lich Queen' and 'Scourge 2.0' to complete the set.

Do you think people who main Horde -wanted- Night Elf Mages? Do you not realise how ridiculous that sounds? It is nonsense, you are correct, However consider what you are saying. Wanting Night Elf Mages is ridiculous, yes, because they were exiled?

What are the Nightborne?

That's right, they're the same as Dathremar's ilk, who the Kaldorei exiled, just they walled themselves off before the real crapstorm hit. People keep whinging "The Horde got Night Elves"

No.

They didn't.

They got an earlier iteration of the people that the Night Elves Exiled, who later became High, and later, Blood Elves.

"But...But They only joined the Horde because Tyrande was mean to them, they're traitors"

Get over yourself. Do the quests again on an alt, listen to the dialogue.

They are not Night Elves. In the cinematic Thalyssra even says it "We changed...." And that is well before the events of Legion.

The Horde have not got Night Elves, they have got the Nightborne.

Show me a Night Elf Withered, or a Night Elf Wretched, and I might be inclined to believe this, until you can, just accept that the Nightborne made the informed choice, backed up by Tyrande being thick as two short planks.
22/02/2018 14:00Posted by Velsyana
It's all Tyrande's fault for making the Night Elves join the Alliance back then, because being part of the Alliance and the human white-knight morality effectively "defanged" them. They should have stayed neutral or Horde friendly and they would have kept all their lands and "savagery" they had back in WC3.

Why are you even bringing this up? This isn't about NEs joining the alliance. But if you think NEs aren't shown to be weak, then i dont know. The alliance invaded Orgrimmar in SOO and now its like it never happened. The only strong race in the horde should be the forsaken in my opinion.
22/02/2018 16:27Posted by Velsyana
Night Elves weren't "forced" to be into a faction at all costs..they could have stayed neutral and unplayable and sure, a lot of their fans wouldn't have been happy, but at least they now wouldn't complain in every thread about the tragedies happening to the Kaldorei BECAUSE they are playable in a faction (the Alliance) that isn't really a good fit for them since the presence of the Humans always "defang" Night Elves anyway. The Alliance could have easily got the High Elves playable, or another race.

The Night Elves should have been neutral or, why not, even a Horde race. What, just because the Horde killed Cenarius and went to war against Night Elves (because Grommash and the Warsong were attacked in Ashenvale first, anyway...), does it make sense for Tyrande to NEVER be able to forgive the Orcs and the Horde?

Even CENARIUS himself forgave the Orcs and the Horde when he returned! So, why Tyrande couldn't? Especially considering that the Orcs did help at Battle of Mount Hyjal....

I am not even going to argue with you about the logic of this stupid game of how druids or ancients don't give a !@#$ about horde deforesting Ashenvale. Just wanted to say that you are retarded to blame in-game characters because of bunch of night elf hating writers and biased story tellers in blizzard who don't give a damn about butchering NEs to develop the stories of others. Just enjoy the blessing Blizzard is giving you and by you I mean both human fans and horde fans. There is no need for you to bash the Night Elves in the forums. Blizzard is already doing a great job on the game itself.

I won't bother to discuss on the forums or play this garbage game anymore because why should I? Every reasons given in the game or on the forums are all biased and nonsense, lore team consists of a group of human and horde fanboys who like to butcher the part of the lore I like. And the timeline of how this franchise is going to end has already been decided and discussions on the forums are pointless for that. So what is the point of I waste my time play this trash and constantly get pissed off of this biased story telling? pff screw this
So rather than give constructive feedback to Blizzard's team you decide to throw a paddy and rage quit?

I mean, how can you say Blizzard doesn't care about Night Elves when the first half of Legion was about exploring ancient Night Elven culture?
22/02/2018 11:57Posted by Gluin
All of that only happened because of the humans in charge. On the next elections for the High King vote for the dwarves to take over the Alliance and we'll make sure all of the injustices will be corrected.
#MagniForHighKing2018

anduin is high king because none of the races are suitable they are to concerned with their own problems over that of everyone else's
???

Right, so were Metzen and the other Blizzard writers biased against High Elves back in WC3, hating them to the point that they destroyed their Kingdom and wiped out 90% of the population during the story of the Scourge?

Because, you know, that invasion is still WORSE than what it's going to happen to Night Elves in Teldrassil. Blood Elves will take a long time in order to recover from that blow, if ever, much longer than this defeat of the Kaldorei in BfA.

But you don't see me making threads at all complaining about this, or about the Purge of Dalaran for example, and about how Blizzard hates Blood Elves...so.. I would advise you to not be that melodramatic just because the Night Elves are losing at the moment.

22/02/2018 17:27Posted by Isology
Why are you even bringing this up? This isn't about NEs joining the alliance. But if you think NEs aren't shown to be weak, then i dont know. The alliance invaded Orgrimmar in SOO and now its like it never happened. The only strong race in the horde should be the forsaken in my opinion.

Because I noticed a lot of Night Elves fans are complaining, but they take the "easy way" as an explanation and they put all the blame on Blizzard while it's clear that the characters of Tyrande and Malfurion, with their string of bad decisions they have taken in the past and even recently for the Night Elves, are the ones who are slowly leading this race to ruin.

They are powerful in combat, yes, but they are not shown to be good Leaders for the Night Elves, not anymore at the current times, at least. Time for Maiev to return, kick the Highborne out and become the new leader...only she can save the Night Elves at this point.
22/02/2018 17:30Posted by Shinil
I won't bother to discuss on the forums or play this garbage game anymore because why should I?

Then stop.

Now.
22/02/2018 18:36Posted by Brigante
22/02/2018 17:30Posted by Shinil
I won't bother to discuss on the forums or play this garbage game anymore because why should I?

Then stop.

Now.

how big you think is chance he wont stop at all? but will post more?
22/02/2018 18:41Posted by Cysia
how big you think is chance he wont stop at all? but will post more?

Very high. Big on Hyperbole, unwilling to listen, wanting to vent, I would say high. I'd rather they slammed a few doors and said "I Hate You" and went to bed, but I doubt that will happen.
22/02/2018 01:41Posted by Brigante
Here we go again...

We're now up to 1 thread complaining about Undercity being lost , and this is thread 13 about Darnassus.

I don't know Arkh, try explaining what you mean, most of it was censored out.

Night elves spent 10000 years defending those lands with one and only one purpose- to protect it from the likes of the Burning Legion and the Scourge. To lose it right after the Legion is defeated is like a shot to the heart. Their race's entire history was about protecting their lands in kalimdor.
Forsaken can find purpose of survival and existence without Lordaeron, night elves' entire civilisation lived to protect Kalimdor. Lordaeron is a decrepit dead land, while night elven lands are mostly full of life, with the allies of nature and furbolgs and other wildlife that night elves share kinship with.

Can you not see a difference or is the faction flag in your face blinding you?
22/02/2018 12:23Posted by Zarao
22/02/2018 12:13Posted by Reltorin
But that requires -trust- in the way Blizzard is going to take the story. Why should people trust Blizz to do the Night Elves justice after all that's happened?

In the same way Horde players must trust them not to take them down the villain path just to make the Alliance feel morally superior. Which I guarantee you, it’s a story VERY displeasing for the Horde half of WoWs playerbase.

Well What do you think of How BFA is shaping up so far? I don't see reason for Horde to be worried all things considered.
22/02/2018 17:39Posted by Infernalite
So rather than give constructive feedback to Blizzard's team you decide to throw a paddy and rage quit?

I mean, how can you say Blizzard doesn't care about Night Elves when the first half of Legion was about exploring ancient Night Elven culture?

Riiight this argument again. Do you honestly Blizzard players listen to night elf fans or understand what they;re saying? Last time we got, that Tyrande in ALP happened. Night elves are nothing but foils to further other stories, in this case, the faction war between humans and Sylvanas.

Well she isn't the only night elf player unsubbing and I sure know a hell lot more who are gonna, including myself. Maybe then you Blizzard fanwankers can pick on someone else to insult and continue your hivemind !@#$%^-*!@.
22/02/2018 19:09Posted by Nightwarden

Well she isn't the only night elf player unsubbing and I sure know a hell lot more who are gonna, including myself. Maybe then you Blizzard fanwankers can pick on someone else to insult and continue your hivemind !@#$%^-*!@.

If you're all going to rage quit then Blizzard are going to continue to treat the Night Elves the way you claim they do. If you stay and offer constructive feedback (they key word being constructive), then they are more likely going to listen. If you act like a bunch of children then Blizzard will treat you like that.
22/02/2018 19:05Posted by Nightwarden
Can you not see a difference or is the faction flag in your face blinding you?

Hardly, or do I need to post on my Alliance RP character to persuade you otherwise?

You are exhibiting the same bias that is endemic of the problem here, Teldrassil is a massive loss ( Despite it being viewed by many Night Elves as an aberration such that the Dragonflights did not give their unanimous blessing to, hence the loss of immortality to the Night Elves), it is a massive loss, as is Undercity to the Forsaken, but what is the reaction in this thread?

"Who cares about Undercity"

Both sides suffer a loss, equal in measure Yet the outcry on my server at least, is not "Crap, we lost Undercity" it is all about Darnassus, an unnatural twisting of nature that any Night Elf worth their salt should be ashamed to live on, but no...no, Its all about Darnassus..

The lack of empathy, or understanding actually makes me -glad- that it is Darnassus taking the hit. You chose to play Alliance. Alliance plot is human plot, that was your choice, don't you dare try to blame the Horde fanbase for what happens to your race, You -chose- the LotR cookie cutter faction, so you get what comes with it.

Remember that time the Alliance got to invade Undercity, right to the throne room? How about the time the Alliance invaded Orgrimmar, right to Garrosh's bunker, you know, the one where the faction leader was effectively turned into a certain 1930's dictator just to satisfy the Alliance fanbase.

I remember those days, fun times, Remember when we did the same to the Alliance?

I don't.

Because it never happened.

When your Cities have been turned into raids, that the other faction canonically has conquered and get frickin' titles for, then come back and we will have the same conversation.

Until then, you are ahead of the game.

The Horde player base is not your punchbag to make you feel good, and just because things go bad for you, does not mean they will always be bad.
22/02/2018 19:09Posted by Nightwarden

Oh, Just saw this.

Well, with that attitude, Just go.

No one will miss you.

Eeesh, can we get some grown ups to discuss this matter, please?