Recently cancelled sub but forgot to specify why...

General
I have been a subscriber for many years but it finally got the point where I had to cancel my sub because I didn't really feel I got enough in return. But I forgot to say why (I'm pretty sure there was an option to tell Blizzard about that on the cancellation form).

I did check the radiobutton to indicate that the game wasn't as fun as it used to be. But what I didn't get around to saying was that I also don't feel like paying for other peoples content anymore.

What I mean is that I don't have the time nor the patience to participate in heroic/whatever dungeons let alone raids but I still have to pay exactly the same as people who do. In this day and age this doesn't seem like a fair deal.

There are other MMOs that handle this differently where those who want to do raids or super hard dungeons pay extra for that privilege.

So unless Blizzard implements something similar I am out of here. I did enjoy most of my time in WoW tremendously but the game has reached a point where I don't want to sponsor other peoples enjoyment of the game.
Take care!
Wow what an odd reason to unsub. You don't just pay for other peoples content when you pay your subscription. You pay for access to the game, the server/maintenance costs and over all development of the game as a whole and possibly other things I know nothing about. Sure it seems like raids and dungeons get the most attention but that's probably down to the fact they are the most popular content in this game.

I don't raid myself and I quite dislike dungeons but never once have a felt like I was just paying for other peoples content and that I should pay less because I choose not to take part in all that the game has to offer.
I pay to have fun, if you no longer feel you are having fun, then ofc unsub, but to claim you feel it is financially unfair is ridiculous tbh.

It's your choice not to raid/ run instances, and with subs currently running at approx 30p play per day, well you work it out.
thank you for stepping out of the shadows and specifying why you cancelled your sub. It gave me many sleepless nights, but now I'm finally okay.
Thank you.
Don't give them any ideas please. And take care. :)
21/02/2018 18:07Posted by Zerdane
I also don't feel like paying for other peoples content anymore.

So you don't use Netflix, Amazon Prime, Spotify etc either?

I don't have the time nor the patience to participate in heroic/whatever dungeons let alone raids but I still have to pay exactly the same as people who do. In this day and age this doesn't seem like a fair deal.

So you'd rather they did a tiered subscription model and lock content behind pay walls? This isn't the kind of game where that would work. It's already mere pennies per day to play, how exactly could that be made more of a "fair deal" ?

So unless Blizzard implements something similar I am out of here.

Enjoy your life without WoW. It'll never happen.
So unless Blizzard implements something similar I am out of here.

Then I hope you will be out of here forever.
Blizzard already addressed the issue by making the content available to everyone.

In vanilla and BC, you would have not seen raid instances at all if you had not been pretty hardcore about the game. WotLK was a little better, but it wasn't until LFR that "casual players" (I don't think anyone who regularly plays WoW is a casual gamer) had easy access to raids. The harder modes are for people who enjoy the challenge, but it's fundamentally the same content.

Heroic dungeons seem to take 10 minutes often, just like every time at the end of an expansion.

But if you are not having fun and enjoying yourself, there is no point in staying and paying.
This guy has only 1 post.
Unless they are the saddest person on earth I doubt they are a forum troll with a second account so I say just let them be.
When you cancel your sub you can even chat with a Blizzard employee, you'd better just used that.
There are other MMOs that handle this differently where those who want to do raids or super hard dungeons pay extra for that privilege.

Go play one of those.
Yeah right.

No one ever quits WoW. Only WoW can quit you!
I have been a subscriber for many years but it finally got the point where I had to cancel my sub because I didn't really feel I got enough in return. I also don't feel like paying for other peoples content anymore.

What I mean is that I don't have the time nor the patience to participate in heroic/whatever dungeons let alone raids but I still have to pay exactly the same as people who do. In this day and age this doesn't seem like a fair deal.

In vanilla only 1% (Or less even) of players ever saw endgame raid bosses and everyone paid the same amount of sub back then too. But unlike vanilla we have LFR now so you can see those raids that you pay for, sure it's not the greatest way to experience them but it's there.

Those are called F2P games, where you pretty much have to pay for everything to not be gimped, buy lootboxes to progress, access to new areas or instances and so on. So instead of paying one single payment for your sub per month you pay 10-20 times more in easy to lose track of microtransactions... How is that a better/more fair game model?
See you in BFA
Expected another thread related to non-existant flying in BFA which would be reasonable to complain but blaming company for making multiplayer content doesn't sound logical.
I don't raid or do mythics either, yet I feel I get my money's worth.

Actually... I haven't paid money for wow in a while. I buy tokens with gold I make. And even with a minimum time investment I can easily make more than is needed.
So, why don't you try that?
21/02/2018 18:30Posted by Kooki
Wow what an odd reason to unsub. You don't just pay for other peoples content when you pay your subscription. You pay for access to the game, the server/maintenance costs and over all development of the game as a whole and possibly other things I know nothing about. Sure it seems like raids and dungeons get the most attention but that's probably down to the fact they are the most popular content in this game.

I don't raid myself and I quite dislike dungeons but never once have a felt like I was just paying for other peoples content and that I should pay less because I choose not to take part in all that the game has to offer.

game changes with years. some things stay same (aka raiding) some change (solo endgame content)

as long as raiding/mythic + were very strong point of this expansion , expansion overall sucked really badly just like WoD in the element of solo endgame

up to half MoP there was content for "solo endgamers" (by solo engame i mean people who do not participate in oganized guild events) in form of vp/badge gear that people could work towards. even WoD had some resemblance of it with itlv upgrade system that people enjoyed.

legion severly lacks in this department giving people no real endgame goals (AP farm didnt work in the end as blizzzard wanted ) if they dont do organized guild events. so its natural that huge chunk of playerbase who enjoyed this side of game left or are leaving and wont be returning for BfA since from the looks of alpha this model still stays intact.

whether someone like it or not people who played wow for solo-endgame portion of game was enormous huge part of overall playerbase - those people still enjoyed being in guild but did not enjoy doin stuff with guild. atm its dead part of game so ofc they are unhappy.
I would hate different kinds of subscriptions.
So 30c per day is too much, or you dont feel like you get your moneys worth?
I guess adulthood and real life, where your return can and will be much lower is going to be hell?
Also, you cant unsub from RL, just FYI...