Horde bias in WoW?!

General
1 2 3 6 Next
No new Druid class for Alliance, while Horde already got get 2 new.
Zandalari Trolls will be Druids and will even have new shapeshiftings. There is also the rumour (*cof cof*) that they will be able to be Paladins, while our Iron Dwarf would be able to be Shamans.
And please don't argue with lore, because after Tauren Paladins, every race can become every class - WoW is not India, where cows are sacred.

Almost all Horde races will have their straight back -models updated, while Alliance has no upgrades and will get another...wait for it...Human-type race (a fatter one).

Let alone the fact that Horde has always had better PvE racials.

Blizzard could only delete the Alliance faction and be done with it.
No horde bias
i admit that as a horde lover and not liking the alliance i get a green on my face when reading about horde bias.

i dont know but imho they will add other form for other races in a mage tower like scenario or something. they stated when upgrading legendaries that it wouldnt feel right to just give something but to earn it... it wouldnt be right if you log one day and you are a nightelf druid and suddenly bam you are an ubermoonkin.

its funny we hotde calmly said we quitting wow if alliance gets dorcks while alliance player will whine like an eight year old for candy.
Didn't we go thru this a few years ago, then it was Alliance bias!!

As for better racials??? Every Man for himself ring a bell? OK not strictly PvE but its an extra trinket for PvP.
28/02/2018 16:02Posted by Aldrachi
its funny we hotde calmly said we quitting wow if alliance gets dorcks while alliance player will whine like an eight year old for candy.

Translated as horde said, "We're not gonna play wiv you if we don't get what we want."
28/02/2018 14:52Posted by Sighuman
No new Druid class for Alliance, while Horde already got get 2 new.
Zandalari Trolls will be Druids and will even have new shapeshiftings. There is also the rumour (*cof cof*) that they will be able to be Paladins, while our Iron Dwarf would be able to be Shamans.
And please don't argue with lore, because after Tauren Paladins, every race can become every class - WoW is not India, where cows are sacred.

Almost all Horde races will have their straight back -models updated, while Alliance has no upgrades and will get another...wait for it...Human-type race (a fatter one).

Blizzard could only delete the Alliance faction and be done with it.

While I do think the amount of effort put into the allied races atm seems a bit skewed towards the horde (we don't have all the info yet though, so who knows; they might be working on some cool stuff for the alliance), I LIKE the kul tiran models and I really do hope they will be an allied race.

Now if this turns out not be the case, Blizzard damn well have to make up for the lack of a race (compared to the Mag'har orcs) and the quite exclusive and eye-catching druid forms of the zandalari.

Just give us gnome druids with their own shapes (mechanical beasts?)!
Keep crying, the tears are delicious.

Omg I've noticed that the Alliance players, for the most part, are the biggest and whiniest babies in any gaming community that ever existed.
Is it because most children play it? Its like a baby throwing a tantrum, stuck in a loop.

If you don't like it, reroll to the faction you think is so "cool" and getting all the attention since you're such an attention baby. I never get the complaining, the solution is simple.

Also, I think I might've overused the word "baby" but you get the idea.
i get a green on my face when reading about horde bias.

You should get that green on your face checked and seek out the orc that left it there.
28/02/2018 16:14Posted by Zaryana
Keep crying, the tears are delicious.

Omg I've noticed that the Alliance players, for the most part, are the biggest and whiniest babies in any gaming community that ever existed.
Is it because most children play it? Its like a baby throwing a tantrum, stuck in a loop.

If you don't like it, reroll to the faction you think is so "cool" and getting all the attention since you're such an attention baby. I never get the complaining, the solution is simple.

Also, I think I might've overused the word "baby" but you get the idea.

Sorry but you sound like kid!
And please don't argue with lore, because after Tauren Paladins, every race can become every class

I will never be able to make a forsaken paladin nor a druid. This is because of common sense first and lore second.

I'm confused as to what the point of what you are saying here is. It is only the orcs as an existing race that are said to be upgraded to have straight backs. So what, orcs get straight backs (which humans had since forever obviously) and you want an equivalent upgrade too for the Alliance? You should get hunched humans and all will be in equal measure then. I am curious as to what kind of an upgrade you would suggest if you were in charge though.

That's a pretty narrow view when trying to justify your hypothesis that there is a bias towards a faction or not. You took the PvE racial perspective, which is fine but... What if I started talking about the PvP one? I could argue that in PvP the Horde is frustrated with a third or so of the battlegrounds where the Alliance has the upper hand. And wait, what? Humans get a free trinket as a racial? This game is Alliance biased for sure!

In conclusion, I would say if you believe your faction to be at a standstill you can always try the other. If you restricted yourself to driving a car while you thought that bikes looked cool, but never made the call to drive one too, then there is no reason to complain about cars not getting the same attention at this point in time. It is your choice after all.
28/02/2018 16:09Posted by Tessyra

Translated as horde said, "We're not gonna play wiv you if we don't get what we want."

Reminds me how the Alliance players once boycotted AV when the tables turned and the Horde was made to be able to actually win it. Blizzard rolled the change back and the Alliance continued the fair game of constant wins at a rough 90% of the time. That was literally crying because they could not always win. Fun times. :P
I really don't see the issue and when people complain 'Oh Horde gets everything' or 'Alliance gets everything' etc.
I for one appreciate what the artists are doing and I praise their inspiration.
They have done a fantastic job with the Zandalari forms and the (possibly) upcoming races.
Just look at the Vulpera and Sethrak, these two look so well animated and the amount of effort put into them is amazing. (Vulpera even got a /train emote properly done with muzzle and tail moving! Sethrak look so good when they run/sit/sleep! )

Boralus (Alliance hub) looks breath-taking and it looks 99% like Laketown which makes me beyond happy.
Then we also get a wonderful Horde hub which looks like something from 'Emperor's New Groove' cartoon, which also makes me super happy.

I do not doubt that Alliance will get something amazing as well eventually.

I intend to play both Factions in this expansion and it makes me quite excited to see what else Blizzard has in store for us in terms of races and gorgeous places to see.
Alliance got the best allied race so far so I would say no to horde bias.
Traditionally, yes, Horde seems to have been favored, but I usually assumed it had to do with them being the smaller faction and Blizzard wanting to make them more attractive (for more balanced populations).

It's still early in development, so other druid races may get unique moonkin forms yet.
Remind me, when they kill another Horde leader / hero again.
Traditionally, yes, Horde seems to have been favored.

... No? I can count perhaps The Burning Crusade and Cataclysm where there has been "Horde Bias", the former being mostly Racials and the latter being Story-wise having the Horde be the most successful, but the rest have been very Alliance-bias.

Especially Vanilla. Ironforge was the main city, close to BRD, LBRS and UBRS and both Molten Core and Blackwing Lair. A mere minute flight away from a port that dropped them in the zone for Onyxia, whom's quest chain was far simpler and far more epic than the Horde's unlock for it. Throw in things like Paladins bringing superior utility and healing than Shamans and some of the racials, basically, the Alliance was pretty superior in Vanilla.

Meanwhile the Horde had... Well, admittedly, they had an easier time mid-level range because RFK, RFD and SM were in Horde friendly territory, and an AV advantage. But that was about it.
Come over to the dark side. You know you want to. Don't fight it. Give in to the darkness.

That's a pretty narrow view when trying to justify your hypothesis that there is a bias towards a faction or not. You took the PvE racial perspective, which is fine but...

My point!

28/02/2018 16:08Posted by Bradarn
As for better racials??? Every Man for himself ring a bell? OK not strictly PvE but its an extra trinket for PvP.

Every Man for Himself was awesome in PvE, it really made a difference when killing a boss and coutning towards the the raid in general...really good racial, hope very race had it so our DPS would be higher.

28/02/2018 17:17Posted by Murr
Traditionally, yes, Horde seems to have been favored, but I usually assumed it had to do with them being the smaller faction and Blizzard wanting to make them more attractive (for more balanced populations).

It's still early in development, so other druid races may get unique moonkin forms yet.

We will see it, then!
28/02/2018 16:13Posted by Tahra
Just give us gnome druids with their own shapes (mechanical beasts?)!

No, please. No. Let us now screw the lore and class fantasy even more.