Horde bias in WoW?!

General
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
I don't agree on the general statement that there is a Horde bias and them having better races than the Alliance. They are just different and you play whatever suits your flavor.

But I do have a problem with the fact they are giving the Horde much more Druid choices than the Alliance with these allied races. I mean I can understand the decision to give Horde extra shamans and the Alliance getting extra Paladins. But why is the Horde getting 2 new druids and the Alliance getting nothing ? Druids is just as much of a thing for the Alliance as it is for the Horde but Horde is getting highmountain tauren druids and zandalari druids and alliance is getting no new druids at all. Sorry but that just isn't fair.

To make it worse it seems the zandalari will be getting special dino druid forms that look really cool and unique even with completley new moonkin form and everything. Alliance is getting no new druids and no new special druid forms.

Unless something is changing about that and still needs to be announced that does seem like a Horde bias. Maybay not a big thing for people who don't play druid but for people who want to play druid, there will be alot more new flavors to choose from if your Horde but not if you are Alliance and that just isn't fair.

Blizzard really needs to give Alliance also 2 new druids and one of those better come with cool unqiue looking forms aswell because else there is a very good case for them having a bias towards one of the factions and that really isn't ok at all. It is not like there isn't any material to do it aswell. Why can't dwarf druids be a thing ? Or give us a cool allied race like Night elf worgen that could have a whole celtic werewolf theme of druid forms. I think more people would be excited about those things than fat or thin human races.
Well you can truly play pirate kul tirans once they arrive and stage ninjas vs pirates.
28/02/2018 16:54Posted by Altherius

I do not doubt that Alliance will get something amazing as well eventually.

[/quote]

From what have I have seen I seriously doubt it, I think Blizzards doesn't know what to do with the Alliance their theme and aesthetic is really stifling as with the Horde they can be more creative and experimental I for one think the Sethrak would add some much needed diversity to a other wise boring and stale faction.
28/02/2018 19:06Posted by Whispers

To make it worse it seems the zandalari will be getting special dino druid forms that look really cool and unique even with completley new moonkin form and everything. Alliance is getting no new druids and no new special druid forms.

Classic "But I want to look cool too, its unfair!" arguement.

Blizzard really needs to give Alliance also 2 new druids and one of those better come with cool unqiue looking forms aswell because else there is a very good case for them having a bias towards one of the factions and that really isn't ok at all.

Absolutely ridiculous. Why do you want the two factions to be copy pastes of each other? Why cant there be differences? Thats such a boring way to look at the game. The whole ongoing war is based on the differences of the two factions, races and cultures within them, and it is absolutely fine and should be ENCOURAGED that the factions are as different as possible.
Well said, Nese. Some people are really trying to encourage a tit for tat exchange, it only weakens the game.
28/02/2018 19:21Posted by Nese

Blizzard really needs to give Alliance also 2 new druids and one of those better come with cool unqiue looking forms aswell because else there is a very good case for them having a bias towards one of the factions and that really isn't ok at all.

Absolutely ridiculous. Why do you want the two factions to be copy pastes of each other? Why cant there be differences? Thats such a boring way to look at the game. The whole ongoing war is based on the differences of the two factions, races and cultures within them

Because Tauren Paladins make sense...
...riiight...
Blizzard should give Undead race a Paladin option too, for the lolz and to pair with the holy-cows.

And yes, Druid options should be evenly distributed among both factions.
And Horde should have more Shaman options and Alliance more Paladin options - that make sense.

I do not doubt that Alliance will get something amazing as well eventually.

From what have I have seen I seriously doubt it, I think Blizzards doesn't know what to do with the Alliance their theme and aesthetic is really stifling as with the Horde they can be more creative and experimental I for one think the Sethrak would add some much needed diversity to a other wise boring and stale faction.

If Blizzard doesn't know what to do with the Alliance as a theme than they should hold off on making these new unique looking races for the Horde untill they figure it out.

But showing all the love for one faction and not knowing what to do with the other faction is just utterly bad game design that will upset half your player base. And might even lead to major faction imbalance if everyone suddenly wants to roll Horde in an expansion where you are trying to have Alliance versus Horde as the main theme.

Alliance also isn't a dull boring faction at all unless Blizzard is making it one. There is a ton of potential for cool new stuff. There is some amazing unexplored lore with the Worgen and Dwarf and there is potential to make cool unique things like Dwarven Druis or Night elf worgen as an allied race. But yea if their only inspiration is to add more humans (the dulles most boring class you can have in any fantasy game) and just make a fat and thin variety then perhaps they should fire whoever is in charge of coming up with the new creative ideas for the Alliance.
28/02/2018 19:01Posted by Monsterbaby
28/02/2018 16:13Posted by Tahra
Just give us gnome druids with their own shapes (mechanical beasts?)!

No, please. No. Let us now screw the lore and class fantasy even more.

if gnomes ever get druids all the animal forms should be cubs not mechs imo.
28/02/2018 19:53Posted by Cysia
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No, please. No. Let us now screw the lore and class fantasy even more.

Gnomes should never be druids.
Gnomes should never be HUNTERS!

Gnomes should never be druids.
Gnomes should never be HUNTERS!

I dont think they should be druids either, But IF it ever does somehow happen someday they should get cub animal forms instead of normal ones.
And why shouldnt gnomes have hunters? any race can use a bow or gun or befriend animals.
I've played both my role as Alliance and Horde, I have to say there are some biases for one faction over the other for certain things. Alliance tends to have a more adjusted role in the environment for instance. Things are easier to get to. Horde on the other hand have to get from A to B ok, but sometimes it's pretty obvious that they weren't considered equals into getting to certain areas.

Race wise Horde is supposed to have the advantage. Alliance have humans, which is like an overarching theme for the remaining races of the alliance. Really tame fantasy, where as horde it's very out there, with ugly races, beautiful races and odd races. Horde are heavy metal, Alliance is whatever's on the radio.

Even though I main Horde, I still wish I were Alliance, purely because they have a lusher environment and I dislike the idea of metal spikes on practically everything you get your hands on. Yet still though, even wanting to be Alliance I can't help but feel sort of bad there's not adjusted levels of certain things. Alliance should have some odd races too! Ugly! Void elves are out there, not everyone's favourites, but odd enough that it's welcome to something that is mostly 'just water'.
Horde on the other hand, they have characters you can consider tame enough along with their other extreme fantasy characters, though honestly, I kind of wish the Horde also got more quirky characters. Less so fox people and more along the lines of I don't know, more humanoidish looking ogres or something. Drogbar?

I'm not keen on giving Horde both cute and nasty. The themes just clash too much. Then again, I'm not sure cute would fair well in Alliance either.

Also speaking about druid forms. Why the hell are troll druids birds if they hate the loa anyway? Darkspear Trolls need something else apart from a bird, yet something that can also fly for things to actually make sense. If time traveling Orcs make sense then I don't see how they can't squeeze something out there for normal Trolls.
Cry me a river.
I prefer the alliance BFA city as opposed to the Zandalari city.

Does this make the game biased towards the alliance, based on my opinion?

I've always preferred alliance cities as opposed to the horde cities, but the blood elves are the only reason that I remain on horde.

I'll be playing both factions in BFA, due to the fact that actually have alliance/horde quests instead of just 1 story now.
28/02/2018 21:32Posted by Tahamine
I prefer the alliance BFA city as opposed to the Zandalari city.

Does this make the game biased towards the alliance, based on my opinion?

I've always preferred alliance cities as opposed to the horde cities, but the blood elves are the only reason that I remain on horde.

I'll be playing both factions in BFA, due to the fact that actually have alliance/horde quests instead of just 1 story now.

Kul Tiras versus Zandalar that is just flavor and you can't discuss flavor

But Horde getting 2 new druids with Zandalari getting exclusive new Druid froms on top of 2 new shamans versus the alliance getting 2 paladins that is just unbalanced.

I will also be playing on both factions and the way it is looking right now I will be playing a Zandalari Druid I just find it very sad there won't be any new exciting race class combo to play with on the alliance side.
28/02/2018 19:36Posted by Sighuman
28/02/2018 19:21Posted by Nese

Absolutely ridiculous. Why do you want the two factions to be copy pastes of each other? Why cant there be differences? Thats such a boring way to look at the game. The whole ongoing war is based on the differences of the two factions, races and cultures within them

Because Tauren Paladins make sense...
...riiight...
Blizzard should give Undead race a Paladin option too, for the lolz and to pair with the holy-cows.

And yes, Druid options should be evenly distributed among both factions.
And Horde should have more Shaman options and Alliance more Paladin options - that make sense.

Oh? So it will make sense for a paladin, a warrior of the light, of the alliance, a faction who mostly reveres light, fights side by side with a void elf??
I can't really say much about horde bias in BfA. But cataclysm did have a big horde bias with the revamped zones. They ran out of time, and just gave the alliance som pop culture references instead back then.

I'm not really gonna whine about the fact that the alliance got one less druid race. And for the druid animal form skins the zandalaari has, the goblins and worgen should get their looks reworked as well in BfA. Perhaps the worgen will get more wolf like forms as well
28/02/2018 21:44Posted by Whispers
I will also be playing on both factions and the way it is looking right now I will be playing a Zandalari Druid I just find it very sad there won't be any new exciting race class combo to play with on the alliance side.

While I see where you are coming from, it doesn't bother me at all because I'm not interested in being a troll druid.
The new forms are cool and all but not something that would make me want to play a Zandalari more.
If anything I'd rather play a dark iron.

Plus as stated there is still the fact that its alpha and so not all things are known yet.
Personally I'm of the stance of not taking strong opinions on things until all the facts are known.
But Horde getting 2 new druids with Zandalari getting exclusive new Druid froms on top of 2 new shamans versus the alliance getting 2 paladins that is just unbalanced.
That's also "just flavour"

Highmountain taurens are literally taurens with antlers.

Zandalari are new and look unique.

So will Kul'tiras humans, if you get them.

You don't need to play the new races.

I'd be gearing/boosting up a Zandalari druid either way, simply due to the fact it's not a hunchback.

I don't like taurens and I never liked the troll hunchback look.

What defines an exciting new class combo?

That's just flavour for yourself as well.

People might be excited to play a dark iron warlock etc.
28/02/2018 21:52Posted by Tahamine
That's also "just flavour"

Highmountain taurens are literally taurens with antlers.

Zandalari are new and look unique.

So will Kul'tiras humans, if you get them.

You don't need to play the new races.

I'd be gearing/boosting up a Zandalari druid either way, simply due to the fact it's not a hunchback.

I don't like taurens and I never liked the troll hunchback look.

What defines an exciting new class combo?

That's just flavour for yourself as well.

People might be excited to play a dark iron warlock etc.

I'am actually excited to play a new Dark Iron Warlock. But Horde also gets interesting new choices for Warlock with Nightborne and Zandalari. This is what is nice about it, equally delishious flavors for both sides which gives you meaningfull choices.

But Horde gets 2 new druids and Zandalari get totally new dino forms (all the rest remain bear, cat variants). There also isn't any confirmation we are actually getting Kul Tirans at all and there isn't any proof they will be druids with new forms or anything like that (and if they do, I don't see it fitting at all, a fat human druid, why ?). So at this moment it looks like Horde will get exciting new choices for druids while the Alliance stays in the dark. For anyone who wants to roll a new druid which side you think they will take ?
28/02/2018 22:04Posted by Whispers
For anyone who wants to roll a new druid which side you think they will take ?

The one with the race that appeals most to them.