What will be your main class in Classic WoW?

Classic Discussion
Vote here: https://strawpoll.com/45p7e58h

You can describe your decision in comments below.
UD Priest will be my main since i mained Priest in Vanilla but on alliance side then .
This Druid was my alt that i farmed and PVP on :)
So little love for Shamans...
11/03/2018 23:38Posted by Bigkeg

Seeing as Shamans and Paladins are one faction only, it’s natural to see them at the bottom.

The real shocker is the lack of love for Hunters who always score very high in any pserver census.
12/03/2018 00:06Posted by Xumo

Seeing as Shamans and Paladins are one faction only, it’s natural to see them at the bottom.

The real shocker is the lack of love for Hunters who always score very high in any pserver census.

I for myself always saw hunter as the noob (starter) class. my oldest sister played at first hunter, my sec sis too and when i started my first class was hunter too

later ended up as warri lover
Looks very similar to any pserver census. Only difference is Druid should be bottom, not Shaman.

If you look at horde only players Shaman will be quite popular. The more Alliance players the more diluted Shaman score will be. Similar looking for Paladins only among Alliance and so on. Druid even while being both factions scores low.
12/03/2018 00:06Posted by Xumo

Don't expect to see a lot of pserver players play past the first week, since we won't be getting the same poorly emulated, boosted etc crap as they are used to on the private servers. We're getting the actual, original, base game experience, which was quite different from the private servers.

Hunters were quite popular back then too in the original base game. Even my first was a Hunter, but i, like many others, changed main to something else after getting to max level. I changed to Warrior for the horde and Paladin for the Alliance.

I'm gonna be starting out as a Tauren Warrior this time around. Remake my warrior so to speak. Priest will probably be my second class as i never got to hit 60 on my Priest until late in vanilla.
12/03/2018 00:53Posted by Geronîmoo
Don't expect to see a lot of pserver players play past the first week, since we won't be getting the same poorly emulated, boosted etc crap as they are used to on the private servers. We're getting the actual, original, base game experience, which was quite different from the private servers.

Pserver players are rather "no changes" and want more than just 1.12 pserver versions.

And we still don't know anything about what are we going to get :(
12/03/2018 00:15Posted by Bankhir

I for myself always saw hunter as the noob (starter) class. my oldest sister played at first hunter, my sec sis too and when i started my first class was hunter too

later ended up as warri lover

It's easy to play, but hard to master. IMHO hunters have a higher skillcap then other classes, atleast if you want to make full use of it - not just send in pet and autoshoot.
http://vanillaradar.com/elysium-stats/elysium/
12/03/2018 00:53Posted by Geronîmoo

I don’t think Classic can come close to the authenticity of servers like Nost or Kronos which are essentially an exact replica of Vanilla. So yeah many pserver players will be disappointed and become very sad once they realize that Classic isn’t going to be anything like Vanilla.
12/03/2018 12:44Posted by Xumo
I don’t think Classic can come close to the authenticity of servers like Nost or Kronos which are essentially an exact replica of Vanilla.

Exact replica my !@#. Sorry, there is no other way to say it. They are nothing but a reverse engeneered abomination (of exatly 1 stage of the game btw) with incorrect or just not working mechanics, with tons of bugs (they even had to use a bug tracker) and also with a lot of coding done themselves, they even had the development team. Yay to blizzlike.
Any version of Classic Blizzard can come up with is going to be more authentic than that piece poor sods had to deal with.
12/03/2018 14:22Posted by Аластиэль
12/03/2018 12:44Posted by Xumo
I don’t think Classic can come close to the authenticity of servers like Nost or Kronos which are essentially an exact replica of Vanilla.

Exact replica my !@#. Sorry, there is no other way to say it. They are nothing but a reverse engeneered abomination (of exatly 1 stage of the game btw) with incorrect or just not working mechanics, with tons of bugs (they even had to use a bug tracker) and also with a lot of coding done themselves, they even had the development team. Yay to blizzlike.
Any version of Classic Blizzard can come up with is going to be more authentic than that piece poor sods had to deal with.

Nost and Kronos have far less bugs than 2005 Vanilla. It's really sad to see people being this deluded by hate.
12/03/2018 15:26Posted by Xumo
Nost and Kronos have far less bugs than 2005 Vanilla. It's really sad to see people being this deluded by hate.

Man, you're being deluded. Probably by being mad because you missed Vanilla and only played the parody on it or something. Have you even read their post-mortem? If not, you should.

Let me show you some particular things from it.

The Nostalrius emulator had not been build from scratch by our development team. It stood on the shoulders of all the work that had been done before by the World of Warcraft emulation community, since 2003. Formally, Nostalrius was based on a 2009 MaNGOS version, which was forked from a late 2005 version of WoW Daemon, which used technical elements that were reverse engineered from the original client by previous teams. Nostalrius Burning Crusade project is based on a Q3/Q4 2015 version of this same emulator under a GPL v2 license. From 2009 to 2016, Nostalrius developers worked to improve the game server, and from 2011, all of the changes were exclusively written by our team, except a few commits cherrypicked from open source emulators.

The development team is in charge of the design, implementation, and maintenance of the various technical systems that Nostalrius deploys. It includes the emulator, the scripts, the database, the website, monitoring tools, etc.

You mentioned bugs in your previous post.
Prior to official international release, the bug tracker used was Bugzilla, a very basic and easy to use tracking system used by developers and IsVV only. After the server release, the community asked for a public bug tracking system, which was not possible with Bugzilla because of access and organization limitations.

Shortly after the bug tracker became online, around 1,000 active users were interacting with it. This amount of users never decreased.

So basically it was a copy of a copy of a reverse ingeneered and butchered part of the game. Basically it was a big pile if you know what I mean. And then these people were CHANGING it, CODING it themselves, WRITING THE SCRIPTS themselves and whatnot. Also they couldn't even handle the obscene amount of bugs so it required literally thousand of active bug reporters.

What the f are you trying to sell me? It's all there and anyone can read first hand what exactly this parody on WoW was. By no means it was an authentic experience. It was exatly what is was - a pirate server.
I agree. It only took me a few hours to realize Nost was not like Vanilla. It was good alright, but Classic will be so much better. I've yet to play on a decent private server.
12/03/2018 21:56Posted by Felsome
but Classic will be so much better.

You don't know that. They can make it static 1.12 with WoW token, achievements and LFG or whatnot.
12/03/2018 22:14Posted by Bigkeg

You don't know that. They can make it static 1.12 with WoW token, achievements and LFG or whatnot.
Yeah? It'll still be better than the private servers.
12/03/2018 22:14Posted by Bigkeg

I can already tell you that we will never see the LFG tool, achievements or WoW tokens in WoW Classic as that would be detrimental to the whole project.

12/03/2018 16:58Posted by Аластиэль
What the f are you trying to sell me? It's all there and anyone can read first hand what exactly this parody on WoW was. By no means it was an authentic experience. It was exatly what is was - a pirate server.

Couldn't have said it better myself.