What will be your main class in Classic WoW?

Classic Discussion
Nost was 1:1. Blizzard’s Classic won’t even come close.
12/03/2018 21:56Posted by Felsome
I agree. It only took me a few hours to realize Nost was not like Vanilla. It was good alright, but Classic will be so much better. I've yet to play on a decent private server.

Because you’ve forgotten how bad Vanilla actually was. Believe me Nost was exactly the same.
I'm going in with a multi pronged attack. I will simultaneously make a warrior, priest and later some dps class (haven't decided yet which, maybe warlock). Warrior will be tank only, from the get go, doing only instances and maybe a few elite quests. Priest will be initially shadow, but holy latest at 50. Then the dps will be there just for some relaxing meditative grinding when priest is holy.
13/03/2018 07:41Posted by Runecore
Nost was 1:1.

13/03/2018 07:43Posted by Runecore
Believe me Nost was exactly the same.

I doubt you ever played vanilla. I think all you played was this parody on vanilla and now you're trying to convise yourself that it was somehow authentic.

Go and read their post-mortem to see for yourself what it was.
12/03/2018 12:44Posted by Xumo
I don’t think Classic can come close to the authenticity of servers like Nost or Kronos which are essentially an exact replica of Vanilla. So yeah many pserver players will be disappointed and become very sad once they realize that Classic isn’t going to be anything like Vanilla.

They will be sad because they won't get that same tweaked, emulated, far from authentic experience BS that these private servers provide, so when they start playing Classic and realise that it is way harder than on the private servers, they'll retreat to said private servers to sit and cry about the harsh reality.

12/03/2018 15:26Posted by Xumo
Nost and Kronos have far less bugs than 2005 Vanilla. It's really sad to see people being this deluded by hate.

No. Fact is, both have the same bugs as the original base game had back then.

Another fact is that both servers tweaks the mob (be it normal or elite) health and damage output in both open world, dungeons and raids, and fails miserably at it, as in some raids, as one guy on reddit said, "Some raid bosses and raid mobs hit like wet noodles compared to the original game".

This is where the whole 'experience' curve comes into play.

Those who play on the private servers haven't got a clue about how it was back in the actual base game in 2005. They cling to their private server experience like flies on turd and actually believe that this is how it was back in 2005 when the reality is very far from it.

These servers does not provide an accurate, authentic experience. They provide a false sense of how it was to those who never played it back in 2005, but that's what you get from playing on nothing but private servers while never having set foot in the actual base game in 2005.
13/03/2018 07:41Posted by Runecore
Nost was 1:1. Blizzard’s Classic won’t even come close.

Nost was 1.12.1, hence it's not even close to replicate anything but that exact patch and even then, they failed hard as they tweaked mobs, raid bosses and other aspects of the game and essentially made everything easier than the original.
I can already tell you that we will never see the LFG tool, achievements or WoW tokens in WoW Classic as that would be detrimental to the whole project.

We don't want that, Ion Hazzikostas said Vanilla means vanilla... but that's it. There is no official statements and hard decision about WoW Classic. What if top management decides that WoW Classic should be different and like Bellular and TradeChat should be Classic community managers and game designers for modern WoW players and use all of that? Preorder now and unlock Vulpera for Classic and BfA right now!...

We need a very clear message from Blizzard what decisions are set in stone and which need feedback or are undecided so that we can a) have a clear picture if Classic is for INSERT_YOUR_NAME_HERE and b) which topics/ideas can be dropped from the daily forum trolling, like:

1. patch progression from ~1.1 to 1.12 or 1.12 with content progression
2. clear blizzard yes/no for non-vanilla features like models, LFG, Token, Transmog, Achievements
3. planned estimated release year/quarter
4. what type of feedback is needed and what's the timeline and policy for future communication with the community
13/03/2018 18:18Posted by Bigkeg
We don't want that, Ion Hazzikostas said Vanilla means vanilla... but that's it. There is no official statements and hard decision about WoW Classic. What if top management decides that WoW Classic should be different and like Bellular and TradeChat should be Classic community managers and game designers for modern WoW players and use all of that? Preorder now and unlock Vulpera for Classic and BfA right now!...

We need a very clear message from Blizzard what decisions are set in stone and which need feedback or are undecided so that we can a) have a clear picture if Classic is for INSERT_YOUR_NAME_HERE and b) which topics/ideas can be dropped from the daily forum trolling, like:

1. patch progression from ~1.1 to 1.12 or 1.12 with content progression
2. clear blizzard yes/no for non-vanilla features like models, LFG, Token, Transmog, Achievements
3. planned estimated release year/quarter
4. what type of feedback is needed and what's the timeline and policy for future communication with the community

Unless the higher ups specifically tells the community managers to inform us, they won't. If they did, they would risk losing their jobs.. It is that simple.

Classic is still very early in development, and i'm pretty sure we won't hear much until the next Blizzcon.

This isn't like some Steam Early Access game thing where you can expect them to budge after complaining enough times. I highly doubt Blizzard will change in those regards as far as information and communication goes.

The only time they were really forthcoming was during the Alpha and Closed Beta of the base game, and for a while after release. Afterwards they changed their stance on communication and it somewhat ended up with Blizzard communicating less and less, and the way they communicate changed drastically by the end of TBC.

1: We'll get the information when they have more information to give us.

2: That won't happen until we get closer to release, most likely the next Blizzcon.

3: That won't happen until next Blizzcon, guaranteed.

4: What type of feedback doesn't matter. Any feedback is valuable for a game developer as long as it's constructive.
Funny part of Classic is that it's based on existing game. Their main goal is to make an existing game run on modern cloud platform. Although Classic isn't expected anytime soon it would be healthy for reddits and forums for them to reveal some content rules they want to uphold :)
I will recreate my old main, Human Mage. :)
afther 14 years rogue i tend to switch to ehm...

ROGUE!!
17/03/2018 06:40Posted by Foqsake
afther 14 years rogue i tend to switch to ehm...

ROGUE!!

I like your dedication :D
It will be either pala or mage for me, dont know until the day comes when i have the Char creation screen infront of me =)
I'm gonna go Prot Warrior and be the best OOOT the raiding scene has ever seen.

Apart from the low amount of hunters, the class distribution looks very similar to Elysium.
Which Side ? Horde or Alliance ?
https://strawpoll.com/e9az3fr2

What Race will your main be ?
https://strawpoll.com/hfgpa766

Will you PVE ? PVP ? or both ?
https://strawpoll.com/751z2yaw

What will be your main role in Classic WoW ?
https://strawpoll.com/ryx5pxys
13/03/2018 07:43Posted by Runecore
12/03/2018 21:56Posted by Felsome
I agree. It only took me a few hours to realize Nost was not like Vanilla. It was good alright, but Classic will be so much better. I've yet to play on a decent private server.

Because you’ve forgotten how bad Vanilla actually was. Believe me Nost was exactly the same.
No, it wasn't.
My comment was not based on quality (I think both TBC and WotlK was far more enjoyable to play), but a simple comparison. And I am telling you, Nost was very good but it was never the same. If you played Vanilla from 2005, you'd know a lot of perks and little things that Nost didn't have. Good and bad (and annoying) things. And how could they, considering it was reverse-engineered?
I'm impressed how close it was, no doubt. But if you think they managed to replicate the game exactly you are either fooling yourself or you never played Vanilla long enough to remember.
I wont have much time for it, but I will play a mage due to dps specs makes easier for farming and I always loved mages from vanilla-cataclysm, mop ruined it for me. Dont worry, I will be porting and conjuring for everyone! Cya on the battlefield!
For PvE, more than likely a Shaman until I feel confident going into PvP. The main reason is the totems for the feeling of buffing nearby allies with boons of my choosing. I also feel it has some of the best roleplay value of the classes, so I can really get in the mood of being a crazed voodoo priest! Having a look at some of the old Vanilla talent trees I may have to give Shaman 'tanking' a shot purely for the Hell of it, and I like the idea of two-handed Enhancement. It seems like the most fun class to experiment and muck around with.

As for PvP, I'm not entirely sure. Oh Gawd, I'm quoting Lord British again!
This time I will make a Human mage, not a Gnome mage...
26/03/2018 08:59Posted by Johnwanne
The main reason is the totems for the feeling of buffing nearby allies with boons of my choosing.

In raid only 5 players - those in your group. So you will be in melee group for Windfury, Tremor, Poison Cleansing totems or casters/healers for mana tide... And Shaman is pretty much the forth role in vanilla.

Having a look at some of the old Vanilla talent trees I may have to give Shaman 'tanking' a shot purely for the Hell of it,

Shamans can tank some leveling dungeons. If you get end-game tanking gear than bit more. Some people do it for the memes :)

As for PvP, I'm not entirely sure. Oh Gawd, I'm quoting Lord British again!

You need crits on elemental spells or windfury procs that crit on hit. Without it it's not that "wow" any more.